HomeHomeCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

Favorite Wrestler & Best Wrestler (Of All Time)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Giggity Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites

PostSubject: Favorite Wrestler & Best Wrestler (Of All Time)   Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:31 pm

Who is your favorite wrestler of all time?

Who do you think is the best wrestler of all time?

Some people might say the same for both, but for me, my personal favorite is Chris Benoit, but I would strongly say that Shawn Michaels is the best of all time.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsmVNcqWmf-E73tdf3cUCVg Online
Mr. Smurf
Icon

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Wrestler & Best Wrestler (Of All Time)   Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:23 pm

Favorite ever: Kurt Angle or Undertaker

Best wrestler of all time: Whether you mean only wrestling or as a whole I'd say Kurt Angle either way. Maybe a little biased there but I definitely think he's up there regardless of bias or not.

Love Bites
Love Bites

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Wrestler & Best Wrestler (Of All Time)   Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:29 pm

For best wrestler, I mean the all around package. Wrestling ability, mic skill, charisma, etc.

I definitely feel like Shawn Michaels excels the most at all of those. A few others that come to mind at Kurt Angle, as you said, Chris Jericho and CM Punk.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsmVNcqWmf-E73tdf3cUCVg Online
Methylated Spirit
TeamMoose
TeamMoose

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Wrestler & Best Wrestler (Of All Time)   Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:44 pm

Favourite wrestler: Kenny Omega.

Legit my favourite wrestler of all time. I love all his matches (legit ones at least. Wrestling an invisible wrestler, sex dolls and an 11-year old girl notwithstanding) and his gimmicks. Plus he's a hell of a tag wrestler.

Best wrestler: HBK, Angle, Flair or Lesnar.
HBK, Angle and Flair are all pretty self explanatory. They're technically sound, can garner whatever reaction they want and have taken there gimmicks and ran away with them. They're pseudo-legendary at this point.
My reasoning for Lesnar is this; he is the best current wrestler going in terms of ability and was on his last run too. He's technical, a powerhouse, a grappler, a brawler etc. all in one. He lacks mic. skills but they're not necessary for him. He gets a reaction out of people. People cheered for him with his early face run despite him being shit on the mic and people definitely fucking boo him. He's also an established character and is well on his way of having the pseudo-legendary reputation of the others. The only thing that takes away from him being "the best of all time" is the fact that he can be too aggressive and this leads to him being fucking dangerous in the ring, so yeah, he's probably not up there with the likes of HBK, Angle or Flair right now, but he could be.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Wrestler & Best Wrestler (Of All Time)   Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:50 pm

Favorite: The Undertaker

Best: Either Undertaker, Chris Jericho, or Shawn Michaels
Back to top Go down
FinestJellyBeansRaw
Show Opener

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Wrestler & Best Wrestler (Of All Time)   Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:58 pm

Shinsuke Nakamura for favourite, although it's a really tough choice. As far as all around most talented, probably Steve Austin, given how good he was in the ring pre-neck break, or Flair although I haven't gone back and watched all that much of his older stuff, just bits of it.
Back to top Go down
#BREEZANGO
Team Rusev
Team Rusev

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Wrestler & Best Wrestler (Of All Time)   Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:37 pm

Favorite Wrestler of all time is easily Randy Savage.

Best Wrestler Of All Time, Easily gotta say CM Punk. Yes there were many great wrestlers and we all have our opinions, but to me CM Punk is the best.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
Yes
Yes

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Wrestler & Best Wrestler (Of All Time)   Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:31 pm

Favorite: CM Punk

Best: Bret Hart

Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Wrestler & Best Wrestler (Of All Time)   Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:23 am

Favorite: Bryan Danielson. I loved him since I started watching ROH late 2007. It's always fun to watch him wrestle.

Best: Ric Flair. He was a great wrestler, talker and a huge draw. Also he had longevity. Remember when he left WCW for WWF crowds were chanting "We want Flair!" Nobody ever chanted "We want Hogan!" like that.

Motherfucking SETONIAN!
Motherfucking SETONIAN!

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Wrestler & Best Wrestler (Of All Time)   Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:14 am

Favorite would be Austin Aries. A Double's the man!

Best Wrestler would be Chris Jericho. Who doesn't love Y2J?
Back to top Go down
Gobba-Gulak
TeamSmurf
TeamSmurf

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Wrestler & Best Wrestler (Of All Time)   Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:16 pm

Favorite- Really it has been a three way tie. Hogan, Savage and Foley.

Best- That is a lot harder then you guys are making it. Truly there isn't a best.

Shawn Michaels is a great performer, great in the ring, on the mic, telling stories, being a Heel and face. However there are people who are better then him at each of those. Chris Benoit, Ric Flair, and Bret Hart imo are better in-ring workers then him. The Rock is hands down the best talker wrestling has ever had, Ric beats him when it comes to being a heel and Hogan beats him when it comes to being a face. Also Shawn was the top guy during a pretty bad era for the WWE. Same can be said for Cena.

Hulk Hogan is the guy who help put WWE on the map. Say what you want about him backstage and other bullshit, but Hogan was one of the best things to happen to wrestling. During the 80's he was carrying the fucking wrestling world on his back and became a house hold name. Hogan became bigger then Wrestling itself. When it comes to asking people who never watched wrestling to name you a wrestler they will always say Hulk Hogan or ask them who is Hulk Hogan they will tell you who he is.
However Hogan wasn't the best in-ring worker. (tho I say watch his career in japan and you will see he was better then most give him credit for). As a Talker Rock has him beat in that.

Everything I said about HBK can be said about Ric Flair as well expect for being a heel of course. Many will point out his work rate, again others where better then him at that. Also like to point out Ric, Bret, Punk and Hogan are all the biggest marks of themselves and will usually overrate the fuck out of themselves so their fans will believe they where better then what they truly are.

CM Punk. Great modern wrestler, however like Shawn a lot of people have him beat in the different aspects.

So really in all comes down to opinion when it comes to who is the best of the best. But I truly don't think you can point out who is the best of the best.

TeamMoose

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Wrestler & Best Wrestler (Of All Time)   Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:44 am

Jesus Cena wrote:
Hulk Hogan is the guy who help put WWE on the map.
You're really downplaying Vince's decision to take advantage of Ted Turner's super station.

TeamSmurf
TeamSmurf

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Wrestler & Best Wrestler (Of All Time)   Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:58 am

@MooseNugget wrote:
Jesus Cena wrote:
Hulk Hogan is the guy who help put WWE on the map.
You're really downplaying Vince's decision to take advantage of Ted Turner's super station.
I said Hulk Hogan helped put WWE on the map. I didn't say it was all him. Vince and Hogan was the greatest combo in wrestling history. One couldn't work without the other during that time. Vince needed someone like Hogan and Hogan needed someone like Vince.

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Wrestler & Best Wrestler (Of All Time)   Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:24 am

Favorite of All-Time: The Rock

Greatest of All-Time: Bret Hart
Back to top Go down

Favorite Wrestler & Best Wrestler (Of All Time)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1