HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jack O'Connell and Margot Robbie up for EE BAFTA Rising Star Award

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Jack O'Connell and Margot Robbie up for EE BAFTA Rising Star Award Empty
PostSubject: Jack O'Connell and Margot Robbie up for EE BAFTA Rising Star Award   Jack O'Connell and Margot Robbie up for EE BAFTA Rising Star Award EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 12:36 pm

Jack O'Connell and Margot Robbie have been nominated for this year's EE BAFTA Rising Star Award.

The two stars are among the five short-listed actors announced today (07.01.14) to be up for the prestigious prize.

Margot and Jack will battle it out with 'Belle' actress Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Miles Teller and Shailene Woodley to take home the trophy at the BAFTA Film Awards on February 8.

Jack, 24, has seen his career rocket after starting off in teen TV drama 'Skins', landing the lead role in director Angelina Jolie's World War II film 'Unbroken'.

Speaking at the nominees announcement - which was made by Stephen Fry at BAFTA headquarters in London - he said: ''Thank you to BAFTA and the jury. I'm honoured to be considered for the EE Rising Star Award amongst such a talented field; especially for films which I feel incredibly fortunate to have been a part of.''

Gugu, 31, has come to prominence following her performance in 'Belle' in which she played a Caribbean slave's daughter raised as an aristocrat in 18th Century England, and admitted she is ''delighted'' to have been nominated.

The former 'Doctor Who' actress said: ''I am delighted to be nominated for the EE Rising Star Award. It is such an honour to be recognised for a growing body of work and I am proud and excited to be included.''

Australian starlet Margot, 24, received universal praise for her performance in 2013's 'The Wolf of Wall Street' opposite Leonardo DiCaprio and is set to appear in three movies this year, 'Suite français', 'Celine' and 'Z for Zachariah'.

Miles, 27, has appeared in 'That Awkward Moment', 'Divergent' and 'Whiplash' and will next be seen playing superhero Mr. Fantastic in 'The Fantastic Four'.

Shailene, 23, also starred in 'Divergent' and had a major role in 'The Fault in Our Stars'.

The award recognises actors who are set to become major successes and previous winners include Tom Hardy, Eva Green and Kristen Stewart.

Back to top Go down

Jack O'Connell and Margot Robbie up for EE BAFTA Rising Star Award

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1