Recommended Anime

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
Kitty
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Kitty

Recommended Anime Empty
PostSubject: Recommended Anime   Recommended Anime EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 2:58 am

Just doing this mainly because I've seen a few anime topics so far, so I thought I'd do this!
Plus the favorite anime answer's were bs.
Anyway, I wont recommend anime that's everyone has seen, like Dragon Ball, but I will recommend anime I really like. For those who like watching them, feel free to recommend more! I'll try not to spoil anything for those who are interested.

1. Akame ga Kill
The first, I will recommend an anime I recommended Moose a week ago, Akame ga Kill. If you don't mind the anime look every main character has, it's really good and gets dark.
The main character leaves his village to join the military in the capital, but finds himself joining a group of assassins working against the military.

2. Blood Princess
Don't get the name wrong, now. This anime takes place in a medieval-like era, where the typical intro of someone burning down someone's home village. Somewhat. Anyways, the main character decides to take revenge after meeting up with a group of mercenaries strolling along in the woods.

3. Mirai Nikki/Future Diary
As the name implies, the main character has a "future diary", which allows him to know what will happen in ten minutes. He, and nine other, are forced to enter a game where they have to kill each other.

4. Sgt. Frog
Lets get away from action, and focus on a comedy. Sgt. Frog is about space invaders taking over Earth, although things didn't go the way they've planned. The sergeant, Sgt. Frog finds himself living with a family, who's mother is a manga writer, so you can imagine how she thinks of this.

5. Sword Art Online
Sword Art Online is a virtual reality game where, where people can use their five senses as they play the game, aaaaaaanndd they're trapped in the game. The only way to escape from the game is if someone has beaten the game. The main character tries his best to stay a "solo player" and not join any guilds.

Well, that's all I can think of for now. I'll probably pick out a few more in a few weeks or so, but please do feel free to recommend more.

TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

Recommended Anime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommended Anime   Recommended Anime EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 3:23 am

Sgt. Frog was really funny.

I tried to watch Sword Art Online. Couldn't really get into it.

TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

Recommended Anime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommended Anime   Recommended Anime EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 8:40 am

Filthy oh-tack-oos. I aint bothered
Back to top Go down
Darth Dante
Show Opener
Darth Dante

Recommended Anime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommended Anime   Recommended Anime EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 5:03 pm

Sword Art is just a complete copy of .Hack//Sign. I haven't truly watched it but that's pretty much the plot of the latter anime, it's just more modern and colorful than the first, which had a somber tone about it at times and a brooding main character.
Back to top Go down
Myke
Main Eventer
Myke

Recommended Anime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommended Anime   Recommended Anime EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 9:13 pm

Dante Cross wrote:
Sword Art is just a complete copy of .Hack//Sign. I haven't truly watched it but that's pretty much the plot of the latter anime, it's just more modern and colorful than the first, which had a somber tone about it at times and a brooding main character.

As someone who lives with someone who loves SAO:

She agrees, but also disagrees. It's more similar to .hack//G.U. because everyone is trapped in the game as opposed to just one character (Tsukasa)
Back to top Go down
Usman
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Usman

Recommended Anime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommended Anime   Recommended Anime EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 9:18 pm

I've seen the first few episodes of SAO, they're pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

Recommended Anime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommended Anime   Recommended Anime EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 12:57 am

I love SAO!

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
Your dad
Back to top Go down
Leo
Cenation
Cenation
Leo

Recommended Anime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommended Anime   Recommended Anime EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 1:01 am

SAO sucks NAH

Back to top Go down
http://www.xwa-universe.com
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

Recommended Anime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommended Anime   Recommended Anime EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 3:36 am

Fabulous wrote:
SAO sucks NAH
Still #BetterThanRyback tbh

Leo
Cenation
Cenation
Leo

Recommended Anime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommended Anime   Recommended Anime EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 4:53 am

Get The Fuck Out

Back to top Go down
Kitty
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Kitty

Recommended Anime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommended Anime   Recommended Anime EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 9:24 am

Well, there's other anime I've recommended other than SAO.
But since we're on the subject, I liked the first season, but the second just got weird.
Third season? I liked the light-novel. Honestly, I hope they're going to animate the next story.

Main Eventer
Myke

Recommended Anime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommended Anime   Recommended Anime EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 10:21 am

Know what's a good anime?

Danganronpa
Back to top Go down
StraightEdge Rurouni
WTF Its StraightEdge
StraightEdge Rurouni

Recommended Anime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommended Anime   Recommended Anime EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 2:28 pm

Dante Cross wrote:

Barely comparable, they're anime of different caliber, simply being that .hack is far more consistent, (I personally prefer .hack overall), as the second half of SAO's first season is terrible.  

Personally if someone wants to watch an intelligent show about being stuck in an MMO, their attention would be better focused on Log Horizon.  SAO would be a better recommendation to those who enjoy fantasy (for the first season and the latter half of the second season) than any gamer.

Never seen Blood Princess or Sgt. Frog, but Future Diaries is great and Akame Ga Kill has been on my To Watch list for quite some time now.  

Also Myke, everything Danganronpa is good, everything.

Last edited by StraightEdge Rurouni on Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Leo
Cenation
Cenation
Leo

Recommended Anime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommended Anime   Recommended Anime EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 3:28 pm

Have Ru reccomend anime, he watches like every anime ever I aint bothered

Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

Recommended Anime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommended Anime   Recommended Anime EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 3:31 pm

He don't like gaint robots though Thirsty Mofos

StraightEdge Rurouni
WTF Its StraightEdge
StraightEdge Rurouni

Recommended Anime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommended Anime   Recommended Anime EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 3:44 pm

Damn right I don't, boring mechs can suck it. (Code Geass being the exception to the rule, because Code Geass <3 )

Give me samurai, and a Meiji era setting and you'e got me.

Back to top Go down
Kitty
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Kitty

Recommended Anime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommended Anime   Recommended Anime EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 4:39 pm

Is that signature from Tokyo Ghoul?

Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

Recommended Anime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommended Anime   Recommended Anime EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 5:57 pm

MooseNugget wrote:
He don't like gaint robots though Thirsty Mofos

But...but...

Sad

(I'll watch recommendations that are movies, I cba with shows).
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV
Darth Dante
Show Opener
Darth Dante

Recommended Anime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommended Anime   Recommended Anime EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 7:12 pm

StraightEdge Rurouni wrote:
Dante Cross wrote:

Barely comparable, they're anime of different caliber, simply being that .hack is far more consistent, (I personally prefer .hack overall), as the second half of SAO's first season is terrible.  

Personally if someone wants to watch an intelligent show about being stuck in an MMO, their attention would be better focused on Log Horizon.  SAO would be a better recommendation to those who enjoy fantasy (for the first season and the latter half of the second season) than any gamer.

Never seen Blood Princess or Sgt. Frog, but Future Diaries is great and Akame Ga Kill has been on my To Watch list for quite some time now.  

Also Myke, everything Danganronpa is good, everything.

I've watched Log Horizon too. It's interesting. I just don't like shows that have high similarities to other shows I've watched to the point where the basis of the plots are the same. Note I say basis, not the actual plots. I've seen an anime where people are trapped/inside a virtual reality or game and anything more just feels less on the matter.

This only goes for ideas that are already new in their own right, as I know mecha and war anime etc etc. I's say shows I watch are in the realm of Darker than Black, Big O, Deadman Wonderland, Attack on Titan, Ergo Proxy, Steins Gate--serious undertones and sometimes dark, dry shows that are slow and have a deeper meaning to them.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

Recommended Anime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommended Anime   Recommended Anime EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 8:12 pm

I like Attack on Titan, fuck ya'll. I aint bothered

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

Recommended Anime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommended Anime   Recommended Anime EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 8:15 pm

I like Pokemon. YO

Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

Recommended Anime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommended Anime   Recommended Anime EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 8:28 pm

Gotta catch em' all. YO
(like Burdur catches aids)

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down
Kitty
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Kitty

Recommended Anime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommended Anime   Recommended Anime EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 8:29 pm

I hate AoT.
Anyways, another recommendation!

6. The Per Girl of Sakurasuo.
A slice of life anime that focuses on a high school student who was forced to move in to a "special dorm", along with "special" students, and how he's adjusting to it. It falls under drama/comedy, just to let you know.
I honestly love this anime, and how fast I got into it.

TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Kitty

Recommended Anime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommended Anime   Recommended Anime EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 8:33 pm

Oh, as for the anime movie recommendations? The only oboe series I saw lately would be Berserk, and Puella Magi Magica Madoka. I like how dark magics gets, but if you don't like cutesy, then I wouldn't bother with it.
Berserk, on the other hand, I just couldn't get into it. I have to admit, a few fight scenes were amazing, but I couldn't stand it, but I think it's worth checking out if you haven't already.

WTF Its StraightEdge
StraightEdge Rurouni

Recommended Anime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommended Anime   Recommended Anime EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 11:03 pm

Kitty wrote:
Is that signature from Tokyo Ghoul?

Yes, yes it is, was my favorite anime during the last fall season.

@ Dante, I guess I can understand that, I actually like darker undertones myself, though I can enjoy things without it. Still a shame that Deadman Wonderland's anime didn't live up to the manga.

Attack on Titan is fun, the problem was the hype, as it is with most things in life. Not everyone is going to love the next big thing. Hell, I've been blasted for not liking Cowboy Bebop (the proclaimed holy grail of anime), so that's simply a matter of opinion.

Anime movies, try Grave of the Fireflies. It's a very sad movie, but it's certainly worth watching. That, and anything from Ghibli, I've yet to be disappointed in their work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Recommended Anime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommended Anime   Recommended Anime Empty

Back to top Go down

Recommended Anime

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next