HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Robbie Williams refuses $800k to perform at AFL Grand Final

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Robbie Williams refuses $800k to perform at AFL Grand Final Empty
PostSubject: Robbie Williams refuses $800k to perform at AFL Grand Final   Robbie Williams refuses $800k to perform at AFL Grand Final EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:59 am

Robbie Williams has turned down a $1 million offer to sing at this year's Australian Football League Grand Final.

The 40-year-old singer was asked by AFL boss Gillon McLachlan to sing three songs as part of the entertainment at the game between the Sydney Swans and the Hawthorn Hawks this Saturday (27.09.14).

According to the Herald Sun newspaper, the 'Candy' hitmaker turned down the request after worries about fatigue and the logistics of such a performance.

Robbie is due to perform in Sydney over the weekend as part of his 'Swing Both Ways' tour and thinks he would struggle to get to Melbourne Cricket Ground and back in time for his own concerts.

Tom Jones, 74, and Ed Sheeran, 23, will now take Robbie's place on the bill.

The pair appeared at the ground today (25.09.14) to run a full dress rehearsal as well as try their hand at Australian rules football.

Ed was presented with a Sherrin football which had been changed so his surname replaced the famous logo.

Speaking to News.com.au, he said: ''When I first saw the ball I said 'Wouldn't it be funny if it said 'Sheeran' instead of Sheerin and I was told they couldn't do it.

''But they did it. It's good. I'm looking forward to seeing my first Aussie Rules game.''
Back to top Go down
BrianGreen1985
Jobber
BrianGreen1985

Robbie Williams refuses $800k to perform at AFL Grand Final Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robbie Williams refuses $800k to perform at AFL Grand Final   Robbie Williams refuses $800k to perform at AFL Grand Final EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 10:54 pm

Shows how filthy rich the mofo is :o
Back to top Go down

Robbie Williams refuses $800k to perform at AFL Grand Final

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1