HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Robbie Williams triumphs at Q Awards

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Robbie Williams triumphs at Q Awards Empty
PostSubject: Robbie Williams triumphs at Q Awards   Robbie Williams triumphs at Q Awards EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 12:31 pm

Arctic Monkeys, Robbie Williams and Ellie Goulding all scooped prizes at the Q Awards this afternoon (21.10.13).
A host of rockers, indie artists and music industry figures appeared at the Grosvenor Hotel in central London for the event, which saw Robbie named Q Idol, Arctic Monkeys take home Best Track for 'Do I Wanna Know?' and Ellie win the prize for Best Solo artist.
Speaking about his win, Robbie said: ''I feel brilliant - I feel like an Idol. It's great to be here and hang out with all these artists.''

Before making a swift exit, Robbie made a quick boast about his upcoming big band album 'Swings Both Ways', claiming: ''It's f***ing brilliant.''
Meanwhile US group Vampire Weekend took the trophy for Best Act in the World Today, and were humbled to receive the accolade.

Singer Ezra Koenig told BANG Showbiz: ''You know we beat David Bowie, Arctic Monkeys, Foals and Biffy Clyro? It feels great because the first time we came here five years ago we won Best Video, which is nice but you know, what does that mean? It doesn't mean you're the best; it doesn't mean you have the best video in the world.
''This is what this is and that's what feels nice about it - Best Act in the World, no questions. That's it.''

When quizzed further on the award, he added: ''I don't know about that but we'd rather live one day as a lion than a whole life as a slave.''
Other winners included Biffy Clyro, who were awarded Best Album for their recent effort 'Opposites' and Foals, who were named Best Live Act.

Q Awards 2013, full list of winners:

Best New Act
Jake Bugg

Best Track
The Arctic Monkeys - 'Do I Wanna Know?'

Poet Laureate
John Cooper Clarke

Classic Songwriter
Chrissie Hynde

Best Event
Glastonbury Festival

Best Video