HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

P4 | Akira Kobayashi | "Hear Me Roar"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

P4 | Akira Kobayashi | "Hear Me Roar" Empty
PostSubject: P4 | Akira Kobayashi | "Hear Me Roar"   P4 | Akira Kobayashi | "Hear Me Roar" EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 8:01 pm

PROMO // Akira Kobayashi | "Hear Me Roar"

DUE: Saturday the 27th of September (11:59 PM EST)
Back to top Go down
FinestJellyBeansRaw
Show Opener
FinestJellyBeansRaw

P4 | Akira Kobayashi | "Hear Me Roar" Empty
PostSubject: Re: P4 | Akira Kobayashi | "Hear Me Roar"   P4 | Akira Kobayashi | "Hear Me Roar" EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 9:56 pm

As we return from a commercial we see Akira Kobayashi sat backstage, wearing a black suit with his newly won Cruiser-X Division title slung over his shoulder. Akira is slouched down in his chair slightly and seems fairly disinterested by the idea of being interviewed. Across from Akira sits Mike Lamar, who is also dressed fairly well in a suit. The room he is in is set-up for a formal interview, with a cream backdrop set out behind the two.

Lamar: Mike Lamar here with my guest, Akira Kobayashi. Akira it's nice to interview me, and first let me congratulate you on your win at Endure and your new title.

Akira looks at the title on his shoulder then back at Lamar and nods in acknowledgement.

Lamar: You took part in a brutal, high risk match, but compared to most matches you take part in the response you received upon winning was more mixed than normal. Why do you think that is?

Akira: I don't flip around, or play a character. I do what I do best - fight. It looks like some in the crowd don't appreciate that.

Lamar and Akira sit in silence for a few seconds, as though Lamar is expecting Akira to say more.

Lamar: Any thoughts on this reaction? Could it be said that fans would have preferred to see, say, Jakob Azazel holding the belt?

Akira: Maybe. But he lost. He doesn't deserve this belt, and I do. That's it. If the audience has problems with that, clearly they don't understand what I'm doing here. If I entertain them, good. But I won't be their puppet. I won't jump around, or put myself in position to be mutilated or injured. I go out there to win, and I will continue to beat lesser wrestlers week after week.

Lamar: You consider your previous opponents to be lesser wrestlers?

Akira cocks his head to the side slightly and looks off into the distance, again seeming more interested in the walls than having an interview. After a few seconds he looks up again to answer.

Akira: The ones who put other things in front of fighting? Yes, I do. I tried to respect the fans, and what did I get from it? My opponents name cheered, and no fanfare when I won my title. The crowd is fickle - the ones who pay more attention to them then their opponent are lesser wrestlers. The ones who can't fight like men, who can't throw a kick or an elbow, who care more about how high they jump than where they land, they are lesser wrestlers. And I want to prove it to them. Each and every day I hold this title, each time I defeat the type of "wrestler" who normally fights for this belt, I prove that my style is stronger.

For the first time in the interview Akira looks directly into Lamar's eyes, and smiles.

Akira: I want to humiliate them, and how they fight.

Lamar: What about past holders of the Cruiser-X Division title?

Akira: If they wish to challenge me for this belt and prove me wrong, they may. But until then my point remains clear - they don't care about wrestling. They care about that crowd, people who don't care about them.

Lamar: Turning to your match tonight, against Vladimir Strife, how do you feel about the hardcore style of wrestling?

Akira: If I am forced to use weapons, I will. I've done it before and I will no doubt have to do it again, inside or outside of the ring. Some chairs and canes will not be too much for me.

Lamar: With all due respect, after Vladimir Strife's performance at Endure it has to be said he's about more than just "some chairs and canes".

Akira: He is. He's a sadist, and maybe a psycopath. But he's not better than me. That I'm certain of. Whatever he, or anybody else in this tournament can bring out to that ring, whether it be chairs, tables, or barbed wire, will be nothing compared to the damage I can deal with just my four limbs and my brain. I think there's little doubt about that, now.

Akira gestures to his belt before standing up from his chair.

Lamar: A-

Akira: I've said what needs to be said tonight.

Akira glares at Lamar after cutting him off and unclips the microphone from his lapel, dropping it to the floor. He strides out from the room as behind the camera stuff scurry to get to the next segment earlier than they normally would have to thanks to Akira's abrupt choice to leave.
Back to top Go down

P4 | Akira Kobayashi | "Hear Me Roar"

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1