HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Grantland Posts In-Depth TNA Article

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Grantland Posts In-Depth TNA Article Empty
PostSubject: Grantland Posts In-Depth TNA Article   Grantland Posts In-Depth TNA Article EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 6:52 pm

Thomas Golianopoulos of Grantland.com has published an in-depth article on TNA, delving into such topics as TNA’s current state and rumors of its future. Quotes are also included from current and former TNA stars, including Bobby Roode, AJ Styles and TNA President Dixie Carter.

The following are quote highlights:

Dixie Carter on TMZ reporting SpikeTV has canceled Impact:

“TMZ asked me, ‘Hey, is this story real, should we run with it?’ I was watching a movie and didn’t see it until some little wrestling site ran it. Then I gave TMZ a quote, which said we’re still negotiating. That never made it to print.”

Bobby Roode on the TNA negativity throughout the years:

“I’ve [worked] 95 percent of the shows this company has run, and from day one the Internet, the public, has tried to bash TNA. We’ve been here for 12 years and after all the negativity and all the bulls–t — ‘They’re going down, they’re going under, they’re done’ — we’re still here.”

Dixie on Vince Russo:

“He’s a lightning rod. People hate him, but sometimes people love what he does but they don’t realize he does it. He’s a really talented guy.”

Dixie on Jeff Jarrett:

“I will always give props to Jeff. Out of the thousands of wrestlers out there he’s the only one who decided to create something with his own money. I have mad respect for that, always have and always will. I love Jeff as a person. I wish him and his precious family nothing but success.”

AJ Styles on Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff:

“I don’t think Eric and Hogan knew the roster at all. In fact, I don’t even know if they watched the show before they came in, and if they did it had to be very little. No one knew who I was. No one knew who [Samoa] Joe was. We added Rob Van Dam because everyone knows him.”

Dixie on her offer to AJ Styles to re-sign:

“I hate that we lost AJ. Are you listening?. I hate it. I felt like we gave him a great offer. I really did. I felt like we gave him a great offer and I think he made a mistake.”

AJ on the offer TNA made him, which he says would have been about a 40% pay cut:

“It was insulting. For a guy who’d been a staple of that company for 11 years, who busted his tail, never got in trouble, never did anything to embarrass your company, and what [Carter] offered me was enough for me to go, ‘I’m not working here.’ I loved that company. I did. I put everything I had into it.”

Vince Russo on Dixie’s obsession with the IWC:

“She puts heavy stock into the Internet wrestling community and all of the dirt sheets from day one. She’s obsessed with reading them, reading what they say about the show and what they say about her. She didn’t want the backlash of hiring Vince Russo, who the Internet hates.”

http://grantland.com/features/tna-professional-wrestling-dixie-carter-jeff-jarrett-wwe/
Back to top Go down
Saintpat
Main Eventer
Saintpat

PostSubject: Re: Grantland Posts In-Depth TNA Article   Grantland Posts In-Depth TNA Article EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 7:38 pm

LOL Vinnie Roo: No one, and I mean NO ONE, puts more stock in the IWC than Russo ... he has even done angles and things strickly to try to swerve the IWC ... and now he takes a shot at someone else for paying attention to them.

And, oh shocker of shockers, he blames ... SOMEONE ELSE for his problems. He's never, ever, e-e-e-ver taken responsibility for any single thing that he has booked that didn't work out (and there has been plenty of opportunities, as we all know). It's always someone else who was responsible for his brilliant idea not working out, never him. And now he can't get hired not because of his horrible track record, but because the mean, unfair IWC backlashhas him blackballed.

Shaking Head
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Grantland Posts In-Depth TNA Article   Grantland Posts In-Depth TNA Article EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 11:14 pm

lol at Dixie saying she made Styles a great offer. It was less than what they were paying him before Funny

PostSubject: Re: Grantland Posts In-Depth TNA Article   Grantland Posts In-Depth TNA Article EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 7:19 am

Earlier this week, we posted highlights from an in-depth article Grantland did on TNA Wrestling, and in the piece TNA President Dixie Carter recalls a backstage pep talk she had with the TNA roster at the NYC Impact tapings last month.

Carter told Grantland she was “fired up” during the pep talk to the point where she was cursing throughout her speech to the roster. Following her talk, she said numerous TNA talents went to her and told her they believed in TNA and its future.

According to a TNA employee present for Dixie Carter’s pep talk at the tapings, none of the above things happened during and/or after her speech.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grantland Posts In-Depth TNA Article   Grantland Posts In-Depth TNA Article Empty

Back to top Go down

Grantland Posts In-Depth TNA Article

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1