HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CM Punk’s Lawyers Send 22-Page Letter to WWE

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

CM Punk’s Lawyers Send 22-Page Letter to WWE Empty
PostSubject: CM Punk’s Lawyers Send 22-Page Letter to WWE   CM Punk’s Lawyers Send 22-Page Letter to WWE EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 5:57 pm

- CM Punk’s lawyers recently sent a 22-page letter to WWE over royalties and their use of his likeness, mainly him being featured in the WWE 2K15 video game.

This isn’t confirmed but WWE may have stopped sending Punk royalty checks over their claim that he breached his contract. Regarding the video game, the roster was put together before Punk quit the company.

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

http://dailywrestlingnews.com/cm-punks-lawyers-send-22-page-letter-wwe/
Back to top Go down
Nate
Main Eventer
Nate

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk’s Lawyers Send 22-Page Letter to WWE   CM Punk’s Lawyers Send 22-Page Letter to WWE EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 6:37 pm

He didn't breach his contract. His contract didn't say that he couldn't retire a month before his contract expires, so that ain't breaching shit. fuck off WWE
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk’s Lawyers Send 22-Page Letter to WWE   CM Punk’s Lawyers Send 22-Page Letter to WWE EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 6:46 pm

"Breach of contract is a legal cause of action in which a binding agreement or bargained-for exchange is not honored by one or more of the parties to the contract by non-performance or interference with the other party's performance. If the party does not fulfill his contractual promise, or has given information to the other party that he will not perform his duty as mentioned in the contract or if by his action and conduct he seems to be unable to perform the contract, he is said to breach the contract."

What CM Punk did....is breach his contract. GG at not knowing what it meant.
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk’s Lawyers Send 22-Page Letter to WWE   CM Punk’s Lawyers Send 22-Page Letter to WWE EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 6:52 pm

Does anybody know how much time was left on Ric Flair's contract when he retired? Or Shawn's? We need a comparison. I aint bothered
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk’s Lawyers Send 22-Page Letter to WWE   CM Punk’s Lawyers Send 22-Page Letter to WWE EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 6:55 pm

Wow Nate, way to make yourself look retarded. face palm

CM Punk breached his contract by walking out. He's not obligated to do anything and WWE was kind enough to not go after his dumbass for breaching his contract. Now, he turns around and tries to attack them? Fuck off, Punk, you breached your contract, you shouldn't bother trying to ask for shit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk’s Lawyers Send 22-Page Letter to WWE   CM Punk’s Lawyers Send 22-Page Letter to WWE EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 7:00 pm

Technically when you're under contract you have to do what your employer says. Doesnt matter if he's obligated to do so or not, it's his job and he's lucky he wasnt fired.
Back to top Go down
Nate
Main Eventer
Nate

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk’s Lawyers Send 22-Page Letter to WWE   CM Punk’s Lawyers Send 22-Page Letter to WWE EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 7:04 pm

Punk hasn't been seen in a WWE ring since the Royal Rumble. When people asked Vince where Punk was, VINCE said that "he was on a sabbatical." He was still under contract with WWE before and after he abruptly retired as he would retire WAY before his contract expired.

The boss himself said he was on a sabbatical, which is defined as paid leave. The man's lawyers had a 22-page letter sent to the company because he was owed royalties aka the rest of the dough from his "paid leave." He didn't get that, so why shouldn't he get it? Because of a "breach of contract?" Vince didn't say shit when Punk abruptly left, never to be heard from again until he said "I'm retiring and never coming back" months later. The only thing he did say was "he's on sabbatical (paid leave)". People might see it differently, but I call BS for him not getting the money he was receiving for the remainder of his contract.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk’s Lawyers Send 22-Page Letter to WWE   CM Punk’s Lawyers Send 22-Page Letter to WWE EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 7:08 pm

It doesn't fucking matter what Vince said. Funny

The facts are the facts. If you walk out on your contractual obligations, you are breaching your contract. I don't see how logic can't tell you that. He breached his contract, he has no right to anything. Vince may have said he was on a sabbatical cause he was hoping to get Punk back. WWE could've done so much shit to Punk but they didn't. He should be thankful, as he doesn't deserve shit for walking out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk’s Lawyers Send 22-Page Letter to WWE   CM Punk’s Lawyers Send 22-Page Letter to WWE EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 7:09 pm

Vince only said that to save face at the time but everyone knows Punk walked out of the company
I would love to know what Punk was getting paid though compared to the other superstars
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk’s Lawyers Send 22-Page Letter to WWE   CM Punk’s Lawyers Send 22-Page Letter to WWE EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 7:10 pm

You do realize Vince said that to save face in front of the shareholders (or Board of Directors, cant really remember), right? Because if he came out and told the people buying stocks that one of his top guys "walked out" over his position in the company, that would look bad on HIM. Punk was never on "paid leave", he was never on "vacation". He quit his job with months left on his contract. He breached the contract. No way of getting around it.
Back to top Go down
Nate
Main Eventer
Nate

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk’s Lawyers Send 22-Page Letter to WWE   CM Punk’s Lawyers Send 22-Page Letter to WWE EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 7:24 pm

So it's not going to matter? Even if they use his likeness in a video game that he was already set to be a part of before he walked out on the company, he's not getting shit for it because he breached his contract after the video game roster was named? I'm trying to make sense of it. Either he's THAT bitter because retirement is starting to suck financially or he's that conceited and he feels that he's entitled to something; that he's owed something.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk’s Lawyers Send 22-Page Letter to WWE   CM Punk’s Lawyers Send 22-Page Letter to WWE EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 7:27 pm

That's the point! He's trying to get royalties and payments out of something he believes is "contractually due to him" when he WALKED OUT ON HIS CONTRACT AND BREACHED IT. Do you get it now?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk’s Lawyers Send 22-Page Letter to WWE   CM Punk’s Lawyers Send 22-Page Letter to WWE EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 7:28 pm

They cant take him out of the game because the release date is in a month. THOSE royalties he's entitled to. Everything else? He's not. You DO realize he breached his contract in JANUARY while the roster was announced in AUGUST, right?

You're trying to make it sound since he "retired" he was allowed to walk out on the company. It doesnt work that way.
Back to top Go down
Nate
Main Eventer
Nate

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk’s Lawyers Send 22-Page Letter to WWE   CM Punk’s Lawyers Send 22-Page Letter to WWE EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 7:35 pm

I was under the impression that the sabbatical was indeed legitimate. That they were still paying him in hopes that he would come back only for him to say "I'm retired now. Never EVER EVER coming back to wrestling." They even advertised him for Payback, I think, and shortly after THAT'S when he announced that he was retired.

I don't have a problem with admitting that I'm wrong when I have to. I can admit when I'm wrong, which is the least I can say for some of us. I get what's going on, I was under the impression that something was legitimate when I should have seen it in a different light.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk’s Lawyers Send 22-Page Letter to WWE   CM Punk’s Lawyers Send 22-Page Letter to WWE EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 7:39 pm

So pretty much to CM Punk

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk’s Lawyers Send 22-Page Letter to WWE   CM Punk’s Lawyers Send 22-Page Letter to WWE EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 7:43 pm

His "time off" was never legit lol, the company had to tell people he was on his break because it would look bad on them.
Back to top Go down
Usman
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Usman

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk’s Lawyers Send 22-Page Letter to WWE   CM Punk’s Lawyers Send 22-Page Letter to WWE EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 7:47 pm

WWE ain't gonna restart paying him back royalty checks sooooo. Funny
Back to top Go down
Nate
Main Eventer
Nate

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk’s Lawyers Send 22-Page Letter to WWE   CM Punk’s Lawyers Send 22-Page Letter to WWE EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 7:52 pm

Dead wrote:
They cant take him out of the game because the release date is in a month. THOSE royalties he's entitled to. Everything else? He's not.

It seems like the sole purpose for the 22-page letter was for the use of his likeness in the video game that he wanted royalties for, and that he wasn't paid that. You're saying that those are the royalties he's entitled to? Well, he's upset because he hasn't gotten those checks. It's not confirmed, but WWE said that they're not giving him those royalties because he walked out on the company, thus the breaching of contract. So by what I've read, he's not getting shit at all and isn't entitled to anything even though he feels that he's entitled to it.

Dead wrote:
You DO realize he breached his contract in JANUARY while the roster was announced in AUGUST, right?

Yes, but there's also this:

Dead wrote:
Regarding the video game, the roster was put together before Punk quit the company.

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

http://dailywrestlingnews.com/cm-punks-lawyers-send-22-page-letter-wwe/

He was already going to be on the roster even before he walked out. I understand now that those royalties WOULD be entitled to him had he not breached his contract.

Dead wrote:
You're trying to make it sound since he "retired" he was allowed to walk out on the company. It doesnt work that way.

He walked out before he "retired." I wasn't trying to justify his walking out on the company, I was trying to justify his rights to the royalties. However now, it seems like it doesn't matter the time he got selected to be used as a character, whether it was before he walked out or not. He walked out. Period, so he gets nothing at all. WWE isn't obligated to give him anything.

Dead wrote:
His "time off" was never legit lol, the company had to tell people he was on his break because it would look bad on them.

I know that now. I should have seen it in a different light, as I posted before you commented with this. I was wrong to think that the "sabbatical" was legit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk’s Lawyers Send 22-Page Letter to WWE   CM Punk’s Lawyers Send 22-Page Letter to WWE EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 7:56 pm

The roster gets their royalty checks after the game comes out. He cant get paid until the game starts making money.
Back to top Go down
Nate
Main Eventer
Nate

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk’s Lawyers Send 22-Page Letter to WWE   CM Punk’s Lawyers Send 22-Page Letter to WWE EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 8:04 pm

Which he probably won't since he breached his contract, right?
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk’s Lawyers Send 22-Page Letter to WWE   CM Punk’s Lawyers Send 22-Page Letter to WWE EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 8:08 pm

It's hard to make an intelligent comment without knowing the contract details.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk’s Lawyers Send 22-Page Letter to WWE   CM Punk’s Lawyers Send 22-Page Letter to WWE EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 8:10 pm

CM Punk might not have breached his contract. Depends if there is a retirement provision or not. Most athletic contracts have them.
Back to top Go down
Nate
Main Eventer
Nate

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk’s Lawyers Send 22-Page Letter to WWE   CM Punk’s Lawyers Send 22-Page Letter to WWE EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 8:14 pm

Probably did or else he wouldn't have bitched about it to them in 22 pages. Maybe he did maybe he didn't. If he didn't have that clause and he DID breach his contract, he doesn't get shit. If it's contrary to that, I call BS on WWE's part just as he does. I aint bothered
Back to top Go down
Rellim
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Rellim

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk’s Lawyers Send 22-Page Letter to WWE   CM Punk’s Lawyers Send 22-Page Letter to WWE EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 10:00 pm

Dr. Picklecopter wrote:
It's hard to make an intelligent comment without knowing the contract details.

Exactly what I was thinking.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk’s Lawyers Send 22-Page Letter to WWE   CM Punk’s Lawyers Send 22-Page Letter to WWE Empty

Back to top Go down

CM Punk’s Lawyers Send 22-Page Letter to WWE

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1