HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Former ‘BioShock’ Devs Announce ‘The Black Glove’

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Former ‘BioShock’ Devs Announce ‘The Black Glove’ Empty
PostSubject: Former ‘BioShock’ Devs Announce ‘The Black Glove’   Former ‘BioShock’ Devs Announce ‘The Black Glove’ EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 7:22 pm

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3310095/former-bioshock-devs-announce-black-glove/

You may not know him by name, but there’s a decent chance you’ve played a game that Joe Fielder had a hand in making. Fielder spent five years at Irrational Games, where he co-wrote BioShock Infinite and its Burial at Sea DLC. When Irrational Games closed its doors in February, a lot of talented developers, including Fielder, were left without work. This had a happy result though, as he and a handful of other ex-Irrational devs decided to form a new studio where they could pursue the kinds of games that appeal to them. Trippy, weird games.

Their new studio is called Day to Night Games, and their debut project — a surreal first person game called The Black Glove — looks both delightfully strange and refreshingly unlike anything I’ve ever seen.

The game is set in a 1920s style theater called The Equinox, in which players are tasked with exploring and altering the pasts of three of its performers, including an artist, a filmmaker, and a musician. How you go about accomplishing this is anyone’s guess, but I imagine it’ll have something to do with a black glove.

Doing so will affect the game’s narrative, and the effect it has depends entirely on you. “The story will tie directly into the gameplay,” Fielder tells Polygon. “Even a wrong turn, even misinterpreting a hint or just experimenting could produce interesting results. You’ll have all these different sites to see, wonders to behold. There’ll be large changes to the narrative and to the world around you.”

Sounds like a real trip, something like Remember Me, if it had been crafted by David Lynch and set entirely in an art deco era theater.

Fielder and his team plan to launch a crowdfunding campaign for The Black Glove on Kickstarter next month, so there’s a good chance we’ll get to see some gameplay footage soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Former ‘BioShock’ Devs Announce ‘The Black Glove’   Former ‘BioShock’ Devs Announce ‘The Black Glove’ EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 5:17 pm

Dead wrote:
http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3310095/former-bioshock-devs-announce-black-glove/

You may not know him by name, but there’s a decent chance you’ve played a game that Joe Fielder had a hand in making. Fielder spent five years at Irrational Games, where he co-wrote BioShock Infinite and its Burial at Sea DLC.

Fucking hang him.
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Former ‘BioShock’ Devs Announce ‘The Black Glove’   Former ‘BioShock’ Devs Announce ‘The Black Glove’ EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 5:23 pm

I thought it was pretty good. I don\'t know
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Former ‘BioShock’ Devs Announce ‘The Black Glove’   Former ‘BioShock’ Devs Announce ‘The Black Glove’ EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 6:11 pm

No. It tried to hard for an ending that is incredibly overused and occurred to anyone who considered the fact that Elizabeth was about that much younger than Booker. I mean, honestly, why the hell can't anyone just present a good story involving multiple people without having to twist it so that at least two of them share some kind of a secret connection they didn't know about - particularly that they are either related or one in the same?

Back to top Go down
Methylated Spirit
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Methylated Spirit

PostSubject: Re: Former ‘BioShock’ Devs Announce ‘The Black Glove’   Former ‘BioShock’ Devs Announce ‘The Black Glove’ EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 7:24 pm

"Remember Me, if it had been crafted by David Lynch"

Fuck that. I watched Eraserhead when drunk once and don't eat chicken any more.
Or trust radiators.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Former ‘BioShock’ Devs Announce ‘The Black Glove’   Former ‘BioShock’ Devs Announce ‘The Black Glove’ Empty

Back to top Go down

Former ‘BioShock’ Devs Announce ‘The Black Glove’

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1