HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hulk Hogan on Steve Austin Being a Bigger Pro Wrestling Legend: “I Think That’s Only In His Mind” Nick Paglino Nick Paglino

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Hulk Hogan on Steve Austin Being a Bigger Pro Wrestling Legend: “I Think That’s Only In His Mind” Nick Paglino Nick Paglino  Empty
PostSubject: Hulk Hogan on Steve Austin Being a Bigger Pro Wrestling Legend: “I Think That’s Only In His Mind” Nick Paglino Nick Paglino     Hulk Hogan on Steve Austin Being a Bigger Pro Wrestling Legend: “I Think That’s Only In His Mind” Nick Paglino Nick Paglino  EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 10:35 am

WWE Hall of Famer Hulk Hogan spoke to Yahoo Sports today to hype SummerSlam this weekend, and Hogan had the following to say regarding Steve Austin being a bigger legend than him:

“I think that’s in his own mind. My career was twice as long as his. I’ve been a main eventer since 1978 when we sold out Shea Stadium. I just totally disagree with him. I know he had a good run when he was in the Attitude Era. I don’t know how long the Attitude Era was — four years, eight years — I don’t know how long it was. That’s where we totally disagree. Maybe he and I should lock up and figure this thing out. That would be a nice match.”
Back to top Go down
Rob
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Rob

Hulk Hogan on Steve Austin Being a Bigger Pro Wrestling Legend: “I Think That’s Only In His Mind” Nick Paglino Nick Paglino  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan on Steve Austin Being a Bigger Pro Wrestling Legend: “I Think That’s Only In His Mind” Nick Paglino Nick Paglino     Hulk Hogan on Steve Austin Being a Bigger Pro Wrestling Legend: “I Think That’s Only In His Mind” Nick Paglino Nick Paglino  EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 10:38 am

Two cripples slugging it out to determine who was better at punching people and no selling in their prime? Watch it get booked for WM31.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvdQwCOpqOs&ab_channel=RobOf

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan on Steve Austin Being a Bigger Pro Wrestling Legend: “I Think That’s Only In His Mind” Nick Paglino Nick Paglino     Hulk Hogan on Steve Austin Being a Bigger Pro Wrestling Legend: “I Think That’s Only In His Mind” Nick Paglino Nick Paglino  EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 11:28 am

You tell'em Hogan. WM 31 Hogan vs Austin in a wheelchair match.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan on Steve Austin Being a Bigger Pro Wrestling Legend: “I Think That’s Only In His Mind” Nick Paglino Nick Paglino     Hulk Hogan on Steve Austin Being a Bigger Pro Wrestling Legend: “I Think That’s Only In His Mind” Nick Paglino Nick Paglino  EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 2:01 pm

Although I am by no means a fan of Hogan whatsoever (truth be told, I've never ever ever even seen a Hogan match, and I barely know anything about him), and Stone Cold is one of my favorites of all time, there is no way Stone Cold was bigger than Hogan. Hogan was miles bigger than Austin, even though Austin was better. I aint bothered
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan on Steve Austin Being a Bigger Pro Wrestling Legend: “I Think That’s Only In His Mind” Nick Paglino Nick Paglino     Hulk Hogan on Steve Austin Being a Bigger Pro Wrestling Legend: “I Think That’s Only In His Mind” Nick Paglino Nick Paglino  EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 2:06 pm

Hogan was a bigger star, but Stone Cold was 10 times the worker Hulk was. Funny
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan on Steve Austin Being a Bigger Pro Wrestling Legend: “I Think That’s Only In His Mind” Nick Paglino Nick Paglino     Hulk Hogan on Steve Austin Being a Bigger Pro Wrestling Legend: “I Think That’s Only In His Mind” Nick Paglino Nick Paglino  EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 2:10 pm

I would put them about equal as workers... neither of them really put anyone over (Austin did more than Hogan, but not enough for me to give him credit for it, and that's fine. Top stars shouldn't be expected to put everyone over), and don't forget Austin walked out in the same manner that Punk did. That's not being a good worker.

That said, I prefer Austin by every inch of the imagination. As a star, gimmick, in-ring, mic skills, etc. I love Austin. But Hogan was bigger, not better, bigger.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan on Steve Austin Being a Bigger Pro Wrestling Legend: “I Think That’s Only In His Mind” Nick Paglino Nick Paglino     Hulk Hogan on Steve Austin Being a Bigger Pro Wrestling Legend: “I Think That’s Only In His Mind” Nick Paglino Nick Paglino  EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 2:17 pm

Hogan was the guy in his era. Austin was the guy in his era. Hogan put no people over, Austin put some people over.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan on Steve Austin Being a Bigger Pro Wrestling Legend: “I Think That’s Only In His Mind” Nick Paglino Nick Paglino     Hulk Hogan on Steve Austin Being a Bigger Pro Wrestling Legend: “I Think That’s Only In His Mind” Nick Paglino Nick Paglino  EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 2:18 pm

^ No one has argued that whatsoever...
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan on Steve Austin Being a Bigger Pro Wrestling Legend: “I Think That’s Only In His Mind” Nick Paglino Nick Paglino     Hulk Hogan on Steve Austin Being a Bigger Pro Wrestling Legend: “I Think That’s Only In His Mind” Nick Paglino Nick Paglino  EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 2:27 pm

Watch some of Austin's WCW stuff. He was way better in the ring than the Attitude Era made him look.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan on Steve Austin Being a Bigger Pro Wrestling Legend: “I Think That’s Only In His Mind” Nick Paglino Nick Paglino     Hulk Hogan on Steve Austin Being a Bigger Pro Wrestling Legend: “I Think That’s Only In His Mind” Nick Paglino Nick Paglino  EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 3:02 pm

Austin was the far better in ring worker. Hogan was good when he was in japan when it came to the inring work, but back in the day what the Japanese fans wanted and the American fans wanted where different. Yeah Hogan was the king of backstage politics (he wrote the book on it and Triple H reads it like the bible) but don't pretend Austin wasn't a power pusher backstage either. But it is true that Austin did put more people over...but
Hogan's come back in early 2000's I don't think he gets credit for the people he did put over. Like Rock, Brock, Kurt and Taker. In that run he lost more then he won at PPVs.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan on Steve Austin Being a Bigger Pro Wrestling Legend: “I Think That’s Only In His Mind” Nick Paglino Nick Paglino     Hulk Hogan on Steve Austin Being a Bigger Pro Wrestling Legend: “I Think That’s Only In His Mind” Nick Paglino Nick Paglino  EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 3:24 pm

TJ wrote:
Watch some of Austin's WCW stuff. He was way better in the ring than the Attitude Era made him look.
Wait, what? Who are you talking to? I mentioned in my comment that Austin was a good in-ring worker. Funny
I saw a lot of Austin's old stuff. There's a reason he's one of my top 5 of all time. Considering how many wrestlers I love, I really really have to like someone for them to be in my top 5. I've seen all his DVDs, a lot of his really really old matches (even though I am not a fan of really really old wrestling, it bores me tbh), I've seen pretty much everything Austin-related.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan on Steve Austin Being a Bigger Pro Wrestling Legend: “I Think That’s Only In His Mind” Nick Paglino Nick Paglino     Hulk Hogan on Steve Austin Being a Bigger Pro Wrestling Legend: “I Think That’s Only In His Mind” Nick Paglino Nick Paglino  EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 3:56 pm

Austin was the bigger star by literally every measure possible... There's a reason all time WWE merch goes 1. Austin, 2. Cena...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan on Steve Austin Being a Bigger Pro Wrestling Legend: “I Think That’s Only In His Mind” Nick Paglino Nick Paglino     Hulk Hogan on Steve Austin Being a Bigger Pro Wrestling Legend: “I Think That’s Only In His Mind” Nick Paglino Nick Paglino  EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 3:58 pm

merch doesn't always mean bigger star. Zack Ryder was in the top 5 at once...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan on Steve Austin Being a Bigger Pro Wrestling Legend: “I Think That’s Only In His Mind” Nick Paglino Nick Paglino     Hulk Hogan on Steve Austin Being a Bigger Pro Wrestling Legend: “I Think That’s Only In His Mind” Nick Paglino Nick Paglino  EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 4:01 pm

M Night Bullymalan wrote:
Like Rock, Brock, Kurt and Taker. In that run he lost more then he won at PPVs.

Rock, Taker and to a certain extent, Angle were already established by the time Hogan put them over. He put Brock over, yes, but then quit on them when they wanted him to put Lesnar over again while Lesnar was champion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan on Steve Austin Being a Bigger Pro Wrestling Legend: “I Think That’s Only In His Mind” Nick Paglino Nick Paglino     Hulk Hogan on Steve Austin Being a Bigger Pro Wrestling Legend: “I Think That’s Only In His Mind” Nick Paglino Nick Paglino  EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 4:15 pm

true
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan on Steve Austin Being a Bigger Pro Wrestling Legend: “I Think That’s Only In His Mind” Nick Paglino Nick Paglino     Hulk Hogan on Steve Austin Being a Bigger Pro Wrestling Legend: “I Think That’s Only In His Mind” Nick Paglino Nick Paglino  EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 4:19 pm

What FACTUAL things can you point to and say "This is why Hulk is a bigger star"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan on Steve Austin Being a Bigger Pro Wrestling Legend: “I Think That’s Only In His Mind” Nick Paglino Nick Paglino     Hulk Hogan on Steve Austin Being a Bigger Pro Wrestling Legend: “I Think That’s Only In His Mind” Nick Paglino Nick Paglino  EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 4:28 pm

He is just a bigger house hold name all together. Hogan was to the point where he was bigger then the business. He was more then a wrestling star he was a media star. People who have never even watched wrestling in their lives know who hulk Hogan is. The only person I can say who is bigger in media wise is the rock and that is by miles. WHen it comes to who is bigger it's 1. Rock 2. Hogan 3. Stone Cold
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan on Steve Austin Being a Bigger Pro Wrestling Legend: “I Think That’s Only In His Mind” Nick Paglino Nick Paglino     Hulk Hogan on Steve Austin Being a Bigger Pro Wrestling Legend: “I Think That’s Only In His Mind” Nick Paglino Nick Paglino  EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 4:34 pm

People HAD to know Hogan because he was the only guy being pushed at the time. Hogan dominated for years until Savage won the title, then they let him keep it for a while only to put it right back onto Hogan. Same thing with Warrior. Let Warrior carry the title for a year and then Hogan gains it back by beating a heel. Granted Warrior was bigger than Hogan then, he was never given a 2nd run at anything which was a joke. The Attitude Era and Austin is what saved the WWE from going out of business.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan on Steve Austin Being a Bigger Pro Wrestling Legend: “I Think That’s Only In His Mind” Nick Paglino Nick Paglino     Hulk Hogan on Steve Austin Being a Bigger Pro Wrestling Legend: “I Think That’s Only In His Mind” Nick Paglino Nick Paglino  EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 4:38 pm

In Hogan and Stone Colds eras the whole cards where a lot better. You didn't need to be a main eventer or world champion to be a big star. Where as today only the top guys are the stars, anyone in the midcard level is seen as nothing to the wwe. Also the times where different when it came to Hogan's reign and Austin reign. People where use to seeing the top guy as champion for years. Bruno, Bob, ect ect. It wouldn't work in Austin's reign.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan on Steve Austin Being a Bigger Pro Wrestling Legend: “I Think That’s Only In His Mind” Nick Paglino Nick Paglino     Hulk Hogan on Steve Austin Being a Bigger Pro Wrestling Legend: “I Think That’s Only In His Mind” Nick Paglino Nick Paglino  EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 4:43 pm

You don't think the average person knows who Stone Cold is? Indifferent Steve Austin was the face of the industry when 25 million people were watching one show or the other every monday night...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan on Steve Austin Being a Bigger Pro Wrestling Legend: “I Think That’s Only In His Mind” Nick Paglino Nick Paglino     Hulk Hogan on Steve Austin Being a Bigger Pro Wrestling Legend: “I Think That’s Only In His Mind” Nick Paglino Nick Paglino  EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 4:48 pm

Didn't say that. I just mean Hogan is normally the first that will come to mind if you ask a non wrestling fan to name a wrestler.

yes Austin was the face of the company during that era, but Austin wasn't bigger then the company. People tuned in to see WWF as a whole more then just tuning in to see one person. During the 80's it was the wrestlers who drew people in to see the company, during the 90's and today it was the company they drew people to watch the wrestlers.
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan on Steve Austin Being a Bigger Pro Wrestling Legend: “I Think That’s Only In His Mind” Nick Paglino Nick Paglino     Hulk Hogan on Steve Austin Being a Bigger Pro Wrestling Legend: “I Think That’s Only In His Mind” Nick Paglino Nick Paglino  EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 4:56 pm

Batman wrote:
I would put them about equal as workers...

That's what I was responding to.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan on Steve Austin Being a Bigger Pro Wrestling Legend: “I Think That’s Only In His Mind” Nick Paglino Nick Paglino     Hulk Hogan on Steve Austin Being a Bigger Pro Wrestling Legend: “I Think That’s Only In His Mind” Nick Paglino Nick Paglino  EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 5:04 pm

When referring to workers, I meant workers in general. Not just in-ring skill. IE: Randy Orton is possibly the worst worker ever, but excellent in the ring.

Also, if anyone really doesn't see that Hogan is BIGGER than Austin, they're not thinking right. Even before I ever watched wrestling I knew who Hogan was, or at least knew about him. I never knew about Stone Cold till I played the wrestling games. Hogan is enormous. Whether he got up there through shitty methods (IE: being a dick, putting others down, etc.) isn't the discussion here. Fact is, he is bigger.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan on Steve Austin Being a Bigger Pro Wrestling Legend: “I Think That’s Only In His Mind” Nick Paglino Nick Paglino     Hulk Hogan on Steve Austin Being a Bigger Pro Wrestling Legend: “I Think That’s Only In His Mind” Nick Paglino Nick Paglino  EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 5:45 pm

Austin wasn't "bigger than the company." You're right. He was SO MUCH BIGGER than Hogan, Rock, or Cena that he drew in fans that wouldn't ordinarily watch. All those people that "know Hogan (or Rock or Cena") wouldn't watch the program... but Austin got those same people to tune in.
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan on Steve Austin Being a Bigger Pro Wrestling Legend: “I Think That’s Only In His Mind” Nick Paglino Nick Paglino     Hulk Hogan on Steve Austin Being a Bigger Pro Wrestling Legend: “I Think That’s Only In His Mind” Nick Paglino Nick Paglino  EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 10:20 pm

Before I started watching, I knew of like 6 wrestlers. Sammartino, Hogan, Austin, Triple H, Rey Mysterio, and Undertaker.

Sammartino was because he was from Pittsburgh, and is always talked about as a local sports legend.
Triple H was in a bunch of beer commercials when I first started watching football.
Rey and Taker were my friend's favorite wrestlers, and he wore their shirts to school all the time.

That leaves Hogan and Austin that I knew just cause they were popular, although I want to say Hogan was partially because of the reality show. I'd say that makes them about even.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan on Steve Austin Being a Bigger Pro Wrestling Legend: “I Think That’s Only In His Mind” Nick Paglino Nick Paglino     Hulk Hogan on Steve Austin Being a Bigger Pro Wrestling Legend: “I Think That’s Only In His Mind” Nick Paglino Nick Paglino  Empty

Back to top Go down

Hulk Hogan on Steve Austin Being a Bigger Pro Wrestling Legend: “I Think That’s Only In His Mind” Nick Paglino Nick Paglino

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next