HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kate Mara: Fantastic Four not based on comic book

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Kate Mara: Fantastic Four not based on comic book Empty
PostSubject: Kate Mara: Fantastic Four not based on comic book   Kate Mara: Fantastic Four not based on comic book EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 10:53 am

Kate Mara claims 'Fantastic Four' will not be based on any existing comic books.

The 31-year-old actress - who is set to star as Susan ''Sue'' Storm in the upcoming reboot of the film franchise - has revealed the storyline isn't based on any material that has been published in the past.

Quizzed on whether she was a fan of comic books, Mara said: ''I've never been a fan of comics, I've never actually read one. I was going to for this movie but the director said it wasn't necessary.

''Well, actually he told us that we shouldn't do it because the plot won't be based on any history of anything already published.

''So I chose to follow his instructions. The one fact is I am a fan of comic book movies, so it's very exciting to be part of a movie like this.''

Mara will be taking over the role from Jessica Alba, who played Storm in 2005's 'Fantastic Four' and 2007's 'Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer' directed by Tim Story, but she's admitted she's not nervous.

Speaking about how she feels about being the new Invisible Woman in the Josh Trank directed film, she told Esquire Mexico: ''I don't feel more responsibility with this role than I've felt with others. I understand there are many fans of Fantastic Four and I guess they expect a lot from me, but I prefer not to be pressured by that.

''We are also trying to create a new way of seeing these superheroes, I'm focusing on making her [Storm] as real as possible.''

'Fantastic Four' is stated for release on June 19 2015.
Back to top Go down

Kate Mara: Fantastic Four not based on comic book

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1