HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ryan Gosling wanted Rachel McAdams removed from The Notebook set

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

Ryan Gosling wanted Rachel McAdams removed from The Notebook set  Empty
PostSubject: Ryan Gosling wanted Rachel McAdams removed from The Notebook set    Ryan Gosling wanted Rachel McAdams removed from The Notebook set  EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 2:40 pm

The director of The Notebook has revealed that the film's main stars Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams clashed throughout filming.

Nick Cassavetes noted that on one occasion, Gosling asking for the actress to be removed from the set.

Cassavetes told VH1: "Maybe, I'm not supposed to tell this story, but they were really not getting along one day on set. Really not.

"Ryan came to me, and there's 150 people standing in this big scene, and he says, 'Nick, come here'. And he's doing a scene with Rachel and he says, 'Would you take her out of here and bring in another actress to read off camera with me?'"

"I said, 'What?' He says, 'I can't. I can't do it with her. I'm just not getting anything from this'."

Cassavetes continued to say that a fiery therapy session helped to get the project back on track, adding: "We went into a room with a producer; they started screaming and yelling at each other… everybody came out like, 'Alright, let's do this'. And it got better after that, you know?

"They had it out... I think Ryan respected her for standing up for her character, and Rachel was happy to get that out in the open. The rest of the film wasn't smooth sailing, but it was smoother sailing."

Cassavetes also spoke about how casting Gosling and McAdams, both unknown at the time, was a gamble.

"When I told [New Line Cinema] I wanted to hire Ryan for the lead, they kind of looked at me like I was out of my mind," he recalled. "We found Rachel through an audition process, and she was wonderful.

"A lot of studios wouldn't have had the courage to put two relatively unknown people in a movie like this. But they did and, gosh, weren't they terrific?"

Gosling recently directed Lost River, and is tipped star alongside Russell Crowe in Shane Black's The Nice Guys.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV

Ryan Gosling wanted Rachel McAdams removed from The Notebook set

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1