HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Damien Born Again In ‘The Omen’ Re-Remake

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Damien Born Again In ‘The Omen’ Re-Remake Empty
PostSubject: Damien Born Again In ‘The Omen’ Re-Remake   Damien Born Again In ‘The Omen’ Re-Remake EmptySat Jun 28, 2014 9:31 am

http://bloody-disgusting.com/exclusives/3300752/damien-born-omen-re-remake-exclusive/

Back in May we reported that Lifetime was developing “Damien,” a television followup to the 1976 The Omen.

While that continues to be worked on with “The Walking Dead” showrunner Glen Mazzara, sources tell Bloody Disgusting exclusively that Twentieth Century Fox is hoping to bring Damien Thorn back to theaters. We’re told that FOX is working with Platinum Dunes to develop a second The Omen remake. I guess remakes are dead and studios are officially moving onto re-remakes?

John Moore directed the 2006 remake starring Liev Schreiber, Julia Stiles and Seamus Davey-Fitzpatrick. Released on 06-06-06, the remake was moderately successful pulling in $120M worldwide on a $25M budget.

Richard Donner helmed the original that begins when mysterious deaths surround an American ambassador leaving him wondering if the child that he is raising is the Anti-Christ. The film starred Gregory Peck and Lee Remick, alongside Harvey Stephens as Damien.

Platinum Dunes will see the release of The Purge: Anarchy this summer, and has been behind a wide variety of remakes from Friday the 13th to The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, The Amityville Horror and even A Nightmare On Elm Street.

“Did I scare you, Mommy? I didn’t mean to.”
Back to top Go down

Damien Born Again In ‘The Omen’ Re-Remake

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1