HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ROH Star Roderick Strong Speaks on WWE Aspirations, Changes in ROH, Getting Started with the Company & More

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

ROH Star Roderick Strong Speaks on WWE Aspirations, Changes in ROH, Getting Started with the Company & More Empty
PostSubject: ROH Star Roderick Strong Speaks on WWE Aspirations, Changes in ROH, Getting Started with the Company & More   ROH Star Roderick Strong Speaks on WWE Aspirations, Changes in ROH, Getting Started with the Company & More EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 6:04 am

Ring of Honor superstar Roderick Strong recently participated in an exclusive interview with PWMania.com. A multiple-time champion across the independent circuit, Roderick talks about his WWE aspirations, changes in Ring of Honor and more. Here are some highlights from the interview:

Getting Started With ROH:

"I was working for a company called IPW Hardcore in Tampa Bay and they were doing some stuff with Jersey All Pro Wrestling. They brought Dan Maff down, he saw me wrestle and he told me I’d be a great fit for ROH. Overtime, Maff tried getting in touch with Gabe Sapolsky to get him to meet me, which I did, through Maff, of course. After that, I had my first tryout match on September 20, 2003 and the rest is history."

Changes In ROH: The amount of exposure has changed.

"The amount of passion in the locker room has always stayed the same. I just think that’s something that’s a part of ROH that, unless the company comes to an end, that passion will always be there. It is always going to be a company that is driven to present the best wrestling. And not just the wrestlers, but the passionate fans are still the same as well.

But speaking of the fans, if there’s one thing that has changed, it’s that more casual fans are aware of ROH. They’re getting into it and they’re seeing the passion that fans have had for 12 years."

WWE Aspirations:

"Of course, who doesn’t? I’m still young, in a sense. Even though I’ve been around for a long time, I’m still only 30 years old. There’s a lot more tread on the tires.

Everyone’s dream is to be a huge superstar in professional wrestling. And to one day wrestle at Wrestlemania where my niece and nephew can watch me means more to me than anything.!"

Roderick Strong also talks about his career, why he has remained with ROH for as long as he has, Best In The World PPV and much more. You can read the interview in its entirety at this link.

http://www.pwmania.com/roderick-strong-talks-about-roh-best-in-the-world-wwe-aspirations-changes-in-roh
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

ROH Star Roderick Strong Speaks on WWE Aspirations, Changes in ROH, Getting Started with the Company & More Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROH Star Roderick Strong Speaks on WWE Aspirations, Changes in ROH, Getting Started with the Company & More   ROH Star Roderick Strong Speaks on WWE Aspirations, Changes in ROH, Getting Started with the Company & More EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 7:10 am

Hopefully WWE signs him. He's been in ROH forever.

PostSubject: Re: ROH Star Roderick Strong Speaks on WWE Aspirations, Changes in ROH, Getting Started with the Company & More   ROH Star Roderick Strong Speaks on WWE Aspirations, Changes in ROH, Getting Started with the Company & More EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 7:30 pm

Surprised no one has asked him about his stint in TNA
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: ROH Star Roderick Strong Speaks on WWE Aspirations, Changes in ROH, Getting Started with the Company & More   ROH Star Roderick Strong Speaks on WWE Aspirations, Changes in ROH, Getting Started with the Company & More EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 1:13 am

Did he do anything noteworthy in TNA besides wrestle Styles on the first episode of Impact?

PostSubject: Re: ROH Star Roderick Strong Speaks on WWE Aspirations, Changes in ROH, Getting Started with the Company & More   ROH Star Roderick Strong Speaks on WWE Aspirations, Changes in ROH, Getting Started with the Company & More EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 2:20 pm

He was in a stable with Aries and Shelley that went nowhere
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ROH Star Roderick Strong Speaks on WWE Aspirations, Changes in ROH, Getting Started with the Company & More   ROH Star Roderick Strong Speaks on WWE Aspirations, Changes in ROH, Getting Started with the Company & More Empty

Back to top Go down

ROH Star Roderick Strong Speaks on WWE Aspirations, Changes in ROH, Getting Started with the Company & More

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1