HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

United Xtreme Grades

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

United Xtreme Grades Empty
PostSubject: United Xtreme Grades   United Xtreme Grades EmptySun May 18, 2014 12:23 am

Singles
Shaker Jones vs. EG Deal
Grader: N/A

EG Deal defeats Shaker Jones via no-show.

United Xtreme Grades FJBloTX
United Xtreme Grades Rmt9lhM

Last edited by EEyEn on Mon May 19, 2014 12:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: United Xtreme Grades   United Xtreme Grades EmptySun May 18, 2014 12:25 am

Triple Threat
Ellis Morgan vs. Azrael vs. Fuse Boy
Grader: Razor

First off, I would like to thank all three of you for showing with solid matches. All three of you proved that you deserve to be higher than the pre-show, thank you for that.

Verdict: I hate to have to choose, as all three of you put in very solid efforts, once again. Nonetheless, only one of you can win, so here goes. First off, it was a bit strange, though unique, to see a match be written in past-tense, Fuse. It's all good, just something I don't usually see. Fuse had the best... should I say, story telling of the match? Azrael came close on that, especially with the double team on Ellis towards the beginning. Although I dont know your individual characters all that well, I can see that Ellis is a monster, but so is Azrael. I wouldnt think jumping someone is something a monster like Azrael would do, but it's your character so if you say that he does that, he does that. Anyway, Ellis had a good amount of story telling as well, especially towards the end when you had Chamberlain cheer him on and prove that the combination of the two men was indeed very beneficial. Good use of development there. Something I think all three of you were lacking for the most part was description. Example for Fuse, I don't actually know what a Pop Goes the Weasel DDT is, but I assumed it was a single arm hook DDT. I can't actually know that since it wasn't totally described. Now, I don't expect you guys to be all “He pulls every inch of his arm's muscle backwards before swinging his bones forward and catching the left cheek of his opponent with his right knuckles in a straightforward motion that curved his elbow at a 90 degree angle.” when describing a punch, that is way over-doing it, however I would like a little more description from the three of you. Doesn't have to be overboard, but it helps when you're reading a match and don't have to assume what a move is, sometimes it helps it flow better as well. Your endings were all fairly well placed. An Anaconda Vice, Ellis' finisher which was not named in his match, and Azrael with that Devil's Knot. I enjoyed the whole “Azrael sings lyrics loudly” so that Ellis can't hear the words of encouragement, by the way. Once again, all three of you put in solid efforts. Ellis, you did good but you have a bit of stuff to improve upon when it comes to flow and description. All three of you will be rewarded if you stay consistent and I hope to see more out of you. That said, only one of you can win this, and after reading your matches, I feel my verdict has to go to Azrael. While not exactly the best effort ever, it was a very good effort nonetheless, and I felt his match was the best of the three, if only by a bit. Once again, kudos to all three of you and thank you for showing up.

Last edited by Franchise on Sun May 18, 2014 1:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: United Xtreme Grades   United Xtreme Grades EmptySun May 18, 2014 12:26 am

Tag Team
Dark Atlas vs. The Revolutionary Front

Dark Atlas d. The Revolutionary Front via no-show.

Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: United Xtreme Grades   United Xtreme Grades EmptySun May 18, 2014 12:27 am

I Quit Match
Shade vs. Evan Flare

Both Myke and I have no-showed, and we're both leaving the E-Fed as far as match writing goes.

Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: United Xtreme Grades   United Xtreme Grades EmptySun May 18, 2014 12:28 am

Chain-O-Charms Match
Effy vs. Wolverina
Grader: Riley

Effy: What a way to introduce the Gimmick of your Character in the opening bout of your match. Having Effy Dance and knowing that Wolverina is on the other side watching her just gave me a feel of the Character and what she is about. About a few Paragraphs in, and I'm already enjoying your match. The part where you had Wolf break one of the Zip ties and taking out the Pair of Scissors I thought was something unexpected but this is a Chain-O-Charms match, so anything can happen. Funny I liked how you use Effy's Height and Weight to her advantage as well. Reading out from one of your First large Paragraphs there was alot of Brutal action going on to which I thought was awesome to read. Having Effy choke her out and using the Chain that keeps them together, to her advantage and her coughing up Blood, Then ending however, I thought was the Icing on the Cake for your match. "Effy suddenly wakes up from playing possum, takes out the sharp pair of scissors hid under her body and stabs the foot of Wolverina. The crowd make a sound that either sounds like a gasp or a scream of “OHHH!” - That was just too Brutal Funny Overall Effy, this was a good match coming from you. Smile

Wolverina: And right off the bat, your match is really starting off to be Hardcore. With Wolverina dropping the Mic to the Ring Crew and to only have Effy come from behind and blindside her was nothing unexpected since Effy is a Heel. With Wolfie prancing around in glory after embarrassing Effy with her punching herself I thought just added to the tension that the two had with each other. Much like French with his post, you did a Good Job on using the Chain to your Character's Advantage. And also much like French, you had some good spots that I thought were Hardcore.

Verdict: Both Matches I thought did well in introducing the concept of the match. Both Matches also had a great Storytelling Background as well. Both had great Description and back and forth action and the Flow of both matches I thought were up to par. But, I think Wolverina takes the win on this one.

Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: United Xtreme Grades   United Xtreme Grades EmptySun May 18, 2014 12:29 am

XWA Intercontinental Championship ©️
JHalc ©️ vs. Niko L Ginero vs. C5 Ion
Grader: Riley

Niko L. Ginero: No-Showed. I don't know what happened to him. Neutral

C5 Ion: You made little to some progress here in this match. Much like the other matches you have written in the past, there is a good flow going on. You having all three characters involved and them to each having there own chance. There were some spots that I thought were good IE. "JHalc still holds on as he goes straight to the ground, still holding the waist lock and he rolls up Niko with an impressive O'Conner roll for the pin attempt." But even after that sentence everything went down hill from there. "You can tell that Ion was hurting because he rolled into the ring, holding his right shoulder. Ion then rolled to his feet and had the upper hand and landed a moonsault on JHalc and went for a pin."- I don't know what happened there. Another part, "Ion in disbelief looked at the referee to tsunami to cornfield that this was a three count with his fingers."- Who's Tsunami Cornfield? Overall, this match was not the best from you.

JHalc: Nothing to complain about here. Your match had a great amount of Description, action, and even selling. I thought you did well with having all Three men involved and to each of them having there own spot in the match. The beginning of your match which had both Niko and Ion lifting JHalc up and performing a Stalling Suplex I thought was interesting because I have never read a Team, or person write out a Stalling Suplex before Funny Although it was short, it was fun and interesting to read.

Verdict: I think JHalc had the better overall match.

Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: United Xtreme Grades   United Xtreme Grades EmptySun May 18, 2014 12:30 am

XWA Hardcore Championship ©️ - Ladder Match
Riley Williamson ©️ vs. Luis Claudio
Grader: Ian

Claudio: The first thing that jumped out at me was how little I liked the first paragraph. Move after move with no flow. Not a fan. I read through the rest of your match and it was OK. I liked the broken nose spot but I'm not sure how, if it were actually broken, you'd continue. That's a lot of blood. Anyways, I enjoyed the ending. It was a nice, cheap heel tactic that got Luis over the top and that's always a good way for a heel to go. It kept Riley really strong. I thought, overall, it was a decent enough effort... but it wasn't anything special from you.

Riley: 15K and you didn't even write entrances? Are you some sort of machine? Neutral A lot more build-up involving actual wrestling than your opponent. I don't know if that's a good or a bad thing. Your match was fantastic. There were some absolutely brutal spots, like the kendo stick cuts on Claudio, and the build up to the finish was really well done. The finish was all that it should have been after such a grueling read. With all of that build-up, that's really a match that could put Riley's character over the top.

I will say this, as a warning, that you've picked up a bad habit of writing things that aren't necessary for the match to become longer. Unneeded narratives such as "There’s no fight left in Claudio, he is well and truly done." don't add any to the description/action/flow... they're just added sentences, and they were plentiful in your match,.

Verdict: Honestly there wasn't much deliberation. Snoopz match was good. Riley's match was excellent, aside from a few growing errors. This run Riley is putting together reminds me a bit of the run Abdel put together last year.

Last edited by EEyEn on Sun May 18, 2014 11:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: United Xtreme Grades   United Xtreme Grades EmptySun May 18, 2014 12:31 am

No Holds Barred Match
Caleb Spires vs. Dominik Diveraz

Both men no-showed.

Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: United Xtreme Grades   United Xtreme Grades EmptySun May 18, 2014 12:31 am

XWA Women's Championship ©
Nicole Johnson vs. Candice Love ©
Grader: Razor

Verdict: Wow. I am actually pretty proud of both of you, this was actually a really good divas match. Major props to both you. I am actually surprised by you, Proggy. Not because I didn't think you had it in you, but because I was actually very impressed by your match. A LOT of really good story telling between both. A lot of heel tactics used by Nicole, who I instantly assumed was a heel, and a very good way to bring it all out. I am impressed thoroughly. That said, Riley – you also wrote a very good match. I enjoyed reading both of your matches, which is something hasn't been very common in the past. Proggy, your match seemed a bit TOO diva-ish in the sense that some of the moves seemed a bit like rest-moves (IE: Nicole rubbing her forearm against Candice's face), but in somewhat of a twist, that's actually pretty beneficial as it does help out your match, which is a divas match. Nonetheless, I felt Riley's match pretty much matched yours in terms of spots because aside from the ending (Canadian Suplex from the top rope) and the shove off the turnbuckle to the outside, I really didn't see any. For Riley, I saw a few more. Another complaint I have to throw out there is that your description was a bit laggy in certain portions of the match, Proggy. Nothing too serious, but in a match that is this close-knit, it does have a place in the grading. Your ending was really good Proggy, I enjoyed the finisher off the top rope, made the match seem all the more epic. Riley, your ending seemed a little more generic in the sense that it was just a regular moonsault finisher. That said, despite both of you putting in good matches, I can only pick one verdict. Proggy, you put in an excellent effort, and if you improve on the little things I said, you will be back where you were. However, in this case, I have to give the match to Nicole Johnson. I am still very proud of your improvement, Proggy, and I look forward to seeing you improve more and more. But in this case, congratulations Nicole – on becoming the new divas champion.

Last edited by Franchise on Sun May 18, 2014 1:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: United Xtreme Grades   United Xtreme Grades EmptySun May 18, 2014 12:33 am

XWA World Heavyweight Championship © - 30 Minute Iron Man Match
Maddox Paine © vs. Hitman Alex

Razor showed, but conceded that he didn't put in a legitimate effort and that this match didn't need to be put to grading. Hitman Alex has won the XWA World Heavyweight Championship.

Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: United Xtreme Grades   United Xtreme Grades EmptySun May 18, 2014 12:41 am

Underground Match
David Micheals vs. Robert Hope
Grader: Snoopz

Robert Hope: Great job with the pre-match bit to sell the environment and danger of the match. Usually I'm not much for brawls in matches. They generally are pretty boring to read, but you did a good job with this one. It was an excellent way to start the match and the description you used made it all that much better. Honestly, your descriptions may be the best part of your match. That isn't to say it's not entertaining or has bad action, because that's not the case. The description is just amazing. Every move that seems like it would be just a casual move seems so much more brutal because of the stipulation and the way you describe it. The wrench and screwdriver parts were brutal as fuck. And then the bag of nails being wrapped around Michaels' head was very innovative. This was a very good post. One of the better posts I've read all year. You utilized the stipulation amazingly, had incredible descriptions and the action was very brutal.

David Michaels: Your description is also quite good, rivaling Hope's even. The trash talking from Hope and him wanting more from David was excellently done. Your action is good, storytelling is great, it's a great post, to be honest. Much-like Kani, you utilized the stipulation very well. Hope going face-first through glass, the bit where the ropes almost slice Michaels' neck, DVD into a sign. Beautiful stuff. I was surprised Hope got back to his feet after the STS. Chokeslam through a fucking bench? Jesus Christ.The ending, with that second rope Piledriver onto unprotected wood, was fucking brutal. Great post.

Verdict: This is a very tough match to decide. Kani had the better description and Chilly had the better action. Both were just slightly better in those aspects, though. I feel as though Kani had the better use of the stipulation, but Chilly had the better storytelling. This was one of the toughest matches I've ever had to grade and I'll be damned if it isn't match of the night and a potential match of the year candidate. In the end, there can only be one winner. I'm sorry Chilly, but I gotta give it to Robert Hope. Don't feel bad. You both put on an incredible match. Losing here is nothing to be ashamed of. Great job, guys.

Back to top Go down
Methylated Spirit
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Methylated Spirit

PostSubject: Re: United Xtreme Grades   United Xtreme Grades EmptyFri May 23, 2014 4:28 pm

Ianlovesfozzy wrote:
Now, I don't expect you guys to be all “He pulls every inch of his arm's muscle backwards before swinging his bones forward and catching the left cheek of his opponent with his right knuckles in a straightforward motion that curved his elbow at a 90 degree angle.” when describing a punch, that is way over-doing it, however I would like a little more description from the three of you.

Never let Razor judge one of my matches, that's about the third of the detail I use :')
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: United Xtreme Grades   United Xtreme Grades Empty

Back to top Go down

United Xtreme Grades

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1