HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MITB- Good thing or the kiss of death

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

MITB- Good thing or the kiss of death Empty
PostSubject: MITB- Good thing or the kiss of death   MITB- Good thing or the kiss of death EmptySun May 11, 2014 3:15 pm

With the money in the bank Special event (that sounds so wrong) coming up I think after payback. People like to guess who will win the MITB and get the chances to be mr.mitb. However is that really a good thing? The Mid card titles along with the MITB have been the kiss of death for a lot guys. Apart from Cena, Edge, Punk and RVD, instead of building the guy up to be a legit contender to be a main eventer or a world champion. For whatever the fuck reason they make the mitb look like a fucking joke. They job him out almost every week and every show they can. Not giving him real feuds, but with most of the mid card these days there isn't any real feuds. For the 5 hours tv time and all the fucking shows on The WWE network only three fucking feuds are going on. But that is for another rant.
People want Cesaro or one of the members of the Shield to win MITB, but if they do...more than likely it could be a career killer for them with WWE recent and sad history of booking their MITB winners.
Back to top Go down
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

PostSubject: Re: MITB- Good thing or the kiss of death   MITB- Good thing or the kiss of death EmptySun May 11, 2014 3:22 pm

Kane and Miz both did well after winning MITB too. Maybe not so much now, but for a long time after winning it they were both firm main eventers.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: MITB- Good thing or the kiss of death   MITB- Good thing or the kiss of death EmptySun May 11, 2014 3:25 pm

Personally, I'd scrap the whole concept as it's become too much of a regular thing now. They overkilled it by giving it its own PPV AND had two of the matches on that event.

I'm sure this was designed with shock value in mind when it's cashed in, but now its too expected to provide that shock any more.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MITB- Good thing or the kiss of death   MITB- Good thing or the kiss of death EmptySun May 11, 2014 3:27 pm

I didn't count Kane because he cashed it in on the same night he won it, plus Kane has always been a top guy. really shouldn't have counted Cena because it's fucking Cena just like with Orton winning his MITB. Miz had a good run as MITB holder so I should count him with Edge, RVD and Punk.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MITB- Good thing or the kiss of death   MITB- Good thing or the kiss of death EmptySun May 11, 2014 3:31 pm

Chilly wrote:
Personally, I'd scrap the whole concept as it's become too much of a regular thing now. They overkilled it by giving it its own PPV AND had two of the matches on that event.

I'm sure this was designed with shock value in mind when it's cashed in, but now its too expected to provide that shock any more.

I get rid of it and bring back King of The ring, having the summer get a shot at the title at summerslam
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: MITB- Good thing or the kiss of death   MITB- Good thing or the kiss of death EmptySun May 11, 2014 3:43 pm

I'd be down for that. Always loved King of the Ring PPVs.
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: MITB- Good thing or the kiss of death   MITB- Good thing or the kiss of death EmptySun May 11, 2014 3:55 pm

There has only been like two guys they jobbed out after they won it - Ziggler & Sandow.

Overreaction. I aint bothered
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MITB- Good thing or the kiss of death   MITB- Good thing or the kiss of death EmptySun May 11, 2014 4:31 pm

Swagger (Cashed in MITB 2 days later, was made into everyones bitch as champion), Daniel Bryan (the MITB did shit for him), ADR (they took the belt off of him as quickly as they could and was along time until he became a world champion again)
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: MITB- Good thing or the kiss of death   MITB- Good thing or the kiss of death EmptySun May 11, 2014 7:57 pm

Yeah it's a stupid concept if you want people to take your product seriously. But to fix that all you'd have to do is force the person pick an event ahead of time and have their title shot there. Like RVD or Cena.

PostSubject: Re: MITB- Good thing or the kiss of death   MITB- Good thing or the kiss of death EmptySun May 11, 2014 10:15 pm

Am_Dragon wrote:
There has only been like two guys they jobbed out after they won it - Ziggler & Sandow.

Overreaction. I aint bothered

Bryan was jobbed out a good while too when he had the case
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: MITB- Good thing or the kiss of death   MITB- Good thing or the kiss of death EmptySun May 11, 2014 11:18 pm

It's basically a get-out-of-jail-free-card for creative. The way they book it, it's pretty clear they don't intend for it to be a big stepping stone. It's just a quick way to change up the stories without having to spend time writing.

MITB- Good thing or the kiss of death FJBloTX
MITB- Good thing or the kiss of death Rmt9lhM

Last edited by Franchise on Sun May 11, 2014 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MITB- Good thing or the kiss of death   MITB- Good thing or the kiss of death EmptySun May 11, 2014 11:32 pm

No sense of pride for their work
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: MITB- Good thing or the kiss of death   MITB- Good thing or the kiss of death EmptyMon May 12, 2014 7:26 am

I think the only one that anyone truly cared about, was when Edge won the title mainly due to how he did it...and extensive Cena hate xD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MITB- Good thing or the kiss of death   MITB- Good thing or the kiss of death EmptyMon May 12, 2014 8:19 am

^that and CM Punk.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MITB- Good thing or the kiss of death   MITB- Good thing or the kiss of death EmptyMon May 12, 2014 9:01 am

Honestly now that there's one world champion, I have a feeling it'll do something good this year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MITB- Good thing or the kiss of death   MITB- Good thing or the kiss of death EmptyMon May 12, 2014 10:53 am

Just waiting for the eventual cash in at mania to happen since thats about the only big shocker they can still pull with an MITB holder.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: MITB- Good thing or the kiss of death   MITB- Good thing or the kiss of death EmptyMon May 12, 2014 12:23 pm

Yeah I agree with Broski (wow), now that there's one title, there's no way they can get away with jobbing the winner if he wins the title.

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
Your dad
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: MITB- Good thing or the kiss of death   MITB- Good thing or the kiss of death EmptyMon May 12, 2014 12:40 pm

^
Ten bucks says they will I aint bothered

I bet it's put on someone that doesn't need it, honestly, like freakin' Orton again....or they'll do some bullshit where Lesnar attacks the winner of the case and claims it as his own.

But they do have options now, probably more so than is recent years actually. They could put it on Reigns, Ambrose, Wyatt, Barrett and Cesaro (I wouldn't with Cesaro, but whatever). The only issue with the Shield guys is that you'd likely have to break them up and that would then involve finding them gimmicks outside of the Shield, which takes time. I'd stick it on Wyatt or Barrett, personally.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MITB- Good thing or the kiss of death   MITB- Good thing or the kiss of death Empty

Back to top Go down

MITB- Good thing or the kiss of death

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1