HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Should of WCW announcers been able to commentate WCW matches during the Invasion?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Should of WCW announcers been able to commentate WCW matches during the Invasion? Empty
PostSubject: Should of WCW announcers been able to commentate WCW matches during the Invasion?   Should of WCW announcers been able to commentate WCW matches during the Invasion? EmptyFri May 09, 2014 1:46 pm

I was giving this some thought earlier today when i was randomly thinking wrestling, and i'm wondering why Schiavone & Heenan werent used to commentate WCW title matches and other major matches and why David Penzer wasnt used to announce them. It would of made that angle a little more legit if they brought in the actual Nitro team. So many things were done wrong with that, ugh.
Back to top Go down

Should of WCW announcers been able to commentate WCW matches during the Invasion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should of WCW announcers been able to commentate WCW matches during the Invasion?   Should of WCW announcers been able to commentate WCW matches during the Invasion? EmptyFri May 09, 2014 4:06 pm

it was rushed. They should have waited for the time warner contracts to run out so they could have picked up the n.W.o. Flair, Rey, Goldberg and others for the invasion to seem at least legit. The Invasion was just so awful.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Should of WCW announcers been able to commentate WCW matches during the Invasion?   Should of WCW announcers been able to commentate WCW matches during the Invasion? EmptyFri May 09, 2014 5:21 pm

They actually did do this at the very beginning. I remember that bald dude (Scott something) and Arn Anderson did some commentary on Heat at least once...and I think it may have happened on Smackdown too. They already had Heyman on commentary, so I guess they saw that as enough.

I think the biggest issue WWF had then was that WCW contracted talent had the option to just sit their remaining time out on their contract, so I would presume Shiavone did the same. Heenan wasn't even in WCW around that time anyway, was he?

The storyline was good for about the first month, then it went South. I mean, it was still fun to watch basically having two giant ass stables for most of the year, but it became pretty shit towards the end. Another issue was that I don't think WWF wanted to wait too long because they needed to WCW brand to still be relevant and it was no longer on TV. By the time the angle started, Nitro hadn't been around for a few months anyway.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should of WCW announcers been able to commentate WCW matches during the Invasion?   Should of WCW announcers been able to commentate WCW matches during the Invasion? EmptyFri May 09, 2014 6:11 pm

Scott Hudson.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Should of WCW announcers been able to commentate WCW matches during the Invasion?   Should of WCW announcers been able to commentate WCW matches during the Invasion? EmptyFri May 09, 2014 7:54 pm

I think something like that could have worked if you made it seem like they were taking over the feed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should of WCW announcers been able to commentate WCW matches during the Invasion?   Should of WCW announcers been able to commentate WCW matches during the Invasion? Empty

Back to top Go down

Should of WCW announcers been able to commentate WCW matches during the Invasion?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1