HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Original Planned Finish For WrestleMania XXX

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

The Original Planned Finish For WrestleMania XXX Empty
PostSubject: The Original Planned Finish For WrestleMania XXX   The Original Planned Finish For WrestleMania XXX EmptyThu May 01, 2014 5:35 pm

Quote :

PostSubject: The Original Planned Finish For WrestleMania XXX Today at 11:44 am Select/Unselect multi-quote Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster Report post to moderator or admin Lock post for new reports
Dave Batista was originally scheduled to win the WWE title at WrestleMania, according to Dave Meltzer on the latest Wrestling Observer radio show.

As far as Batista taking time off, it's been reported that he's not listed on advertisements after Extreme Rules. The original idea was that he was going to be working through July or August so perhaps his media schedule changed or he could have gotten another movie role but no one knows for sure. He's not advertised anywhere including the European tour.

Damn...it's like he's telling us something we already didn't know!
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: The Original Planned Finish For WrestleMania XXX   The Original Planned Finish For WrestleMania XXX EmptyThu May 01, 2014 5:46 pm

The only way I believe this is if the rumor I heard about Punk and Bryan teaming up was the original end game. Sounds like something to get web traffic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Original Planned Finish For WrestleMania XXX   The Original Planned Finish For WrestleMania XXX EmptyThu May 01, 2014 5:54 pm

I honestly believe Batista was SUPPOSED to win the belt because A. that's why he was brought back in the first place, big returns like that always get some sort of title push around Mania and B. WWE wanted him to promote his movie while he was champion so they got free publicity out of the deal. That changed once the backlash of Daniel Bryan not being in the mix started and thus he lost out on his run.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Original Planned Finish For WrestleMania XXX   The Original Planned Finish For WrestleMania XXX EmptyThu May 01, 2014 6:04 pm

I seriously believe it's what Vince wanted to do. have Batista come in as the white knight to beat Orton and become a big hero. So when they booed his white knight, he had to call an audible.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: The Original Planned Finish For WrestleMania XXX   The Original Planned Finish For WrestleMania XXX EmptyThu May 01, 2014 8:02 pm

Yeah that sounds like what would have happened if Batista didn't get shit on by the crowds.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: The Original Planned Finish For WrestleMania XXX   The Original Planned Finish For WrestleMania XXX EmptyThu May 01, 2014 8:19 pm

Dead wrote:
I honestly believe Batista was SUPPOSED to win the belt because A. that's why he was brought back in the first place, big returns like that always get some sort of title push around Mania and B. WWE wanted him to promote his movie while he was champion so they got free publicity out of the deal. That changed once the backlash of Daniel Bryan not being in the mix started and thus he lost out on his run.

You wanna give me some examples that aren't The Rock?

Because Brock Lesnar was a comparable (Bigger) star and his return had nothing to do with the belt. Chris Jericho's did not result in him getting the title.

Whereas the ones I assume you're going to bring up weren't three year hiatus/retirements, they were injuries to guys that were main carders prior to their minor injury.

Cena
Edge
HHH
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Original Planned Finish For WrestleMania XXX   The Original Planned Finish For WrestleMania XXX EmptyThu May 01, 2014 9:22 pm

HHH won the Rumble AND the title in 2002 after coming back from his quad tear. Cena came back, won the Rumble and if it werent for shitty booking, would of won the title at Mania instead of having that match at No Way Out instead. Edge probabaly would won the title had they not pulled that swerve and put the title on Swagger. Jericho was in line to win the Rumble in 2012 yet the dirtsheets spoiled the fuck out of it and Creative decided to go with Sheamus. You say injuries like a quad tear is minor yet it kept a man out half a year. Also you do realize that Batista was in the main event before he left, right?

If my memory serves me correctly, Rock's big return didnt revolve around the title either, it was mainly for that first match with Cena and THEN it went towards the title. As far as Lesnar's concerned, he came back AFTER Mania and i dont know if you hadnt noticed by now but before Mania, they were running angles for 3 months saying how Lesnar wanted to be in the title picture, 2 years after he came back...so yeah.

You're honestly saying Batista didnt come back with the intention of wanting the top spot as soon as he was there, to coincide with his movie release? O-kay then.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Original Planned Finish For WrestleMania XXX   The Original Planned Finish For WrestleMania XXX EmptySat May 03, 2014 4:03 am

Dead wrote:

first royal rumble winner to lose his chance at the title in a while.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Original Planned Finish For WrestleMania XXX   The Original Planned Finish For WrestleMania XXX EmptySat May 03, 2014 1:12 pm

^ Didn't Del Rio lose to Edge just a couple years ago?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Original Planned Finish For WrestleMania XXX   The Original Planned Finish For WrestleMania XXX EmptySat May 03, 2014 1:14 pm

^ and two other rumble winners lost before that too
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Original Planned Finish For WrestleMania XXX   The Original Planned Finish For WrestleMania XXX EmptySat May 03, 2014 1:31 pm

All of the Rumble winners who didnt win a world title at Wrestlemania:
1988: Jim Duggan
1989: Big John Studd
Winners didnt get title shots till 1991

1990: Hulk Hogan (he was WWF Champion when he won)
1992: Ric Flair (won the vacant WWF Championship)
1994: Lex Luger (co-won the match with Bret Hart; lost the first WWF Title match at Mania 10)
1995: Shawn Michaels
1997: Stone Cold Steve Austin (Undertaker won the title at Mania 13 against Sid)
2000: The Rock
2008: John Cena (challenged for the WWE Championship at No Way Out)
2009: Randy Orton (challenged for the WWE Championship)
2010: Edge (challenged for the World Heavyweight Championship)
2011: Alberto Del Rio (challenged for the World Heavyweight Championship)
2014: Batista
Back to top Go down

The Original Planned Finish For WrestleMania XXX

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1