HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stan Lee confirms cameo in Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

Stan Lee confirms cameo in Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy  Empty
PostSubject: Stan Lee confirms cameo in Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy    Stan Lee confirms cameo in Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy  EmptyMon Apr 28, 2014 12:36 pm

Stan Lee will make a cameo appearance in Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy, despite previous denials.

Lee initially claimed that he did not have any involvement with the film back in January.

The former Marvel Comics chairman revealed that he has recently filmed his role while appearing at the Chicago expo c2e2, reports Variety.

When an audience member at the expo questioned whether he would shoot a scene for the comic book movie, Lee answered: "I did, already."

The comics legend remained coy over what his cameo will entail.

"I can't tell you what it is, but I can tell you I do not understand what it was or why I did it. It has me with a girl - a very pretty girl - that's all I can tell you," he teased.

The James Gunn-directed feature is based around American pilot Peter Quill, who finds himself to be the target of the villain Ronan when he steals an orb.

Zoe Saldana, Chris Pratt, Dave Bautista, Vin Diesel and Bradley Cooper comprise the movie's core cast.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV

PostSubject: Re: Stan Lee confirms cameo in Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy    Stan Lee confirms cameo in Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy  EmptyMon Apr 28, 2014 1:22 pm

I always love watching the Marvel movies, let alone trying to see where Stan shall crop out from Razz
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Stan Lee confirms cameo in Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy    Stan Lee confirms cameo in Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy  EmptyMon Apr 28, 2014 1:33 pm

Is this film part of the other Marvel universe films or it is a separate one?
Back to top Go down
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

PostSubject: Re: Stan Lee confirms cameo in Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy    Stan Lee confirms cameo in Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy  EmptyMon Apr 28, 2014 1:43 pm

^It is part of the films involving the "Avengers" characters (Iron Man, Hulk, Captain America + Hawkeye and Black Widow, who don't have their own films). Marvel also own the film rights to Daredevil, Elektra, Ghost Rider, Punisher and Blade

However, Spiderman is being produced by Sony (I think "produced" is the right word), who own the movie rights to the following characters (Spider-Man/Peter Parker, Doctor Octopus/Otto Octavius, Green Goblin/Norman Osborn, (New) Green Goblin/Harry Osborn, [The Lizard]/Dr. Curt Connors, Sandman/Flint Marko, Venom/Eddie Brock Jr., Betty Brant, Dennis Carradine (Buglar), J. Jonah Jameson, Ben Parker, May Parker, John Jameson, Joseph “Robbie” Robertson, Gwen Stacy, Mendel Stromm, Flash Thompson)

Fox own the rights to:

Fantastic Four: Doctor Doom/Victor von Doom, Human Torch/Johnny Storm, Invisible Woman/Susan Storm, Mr. Fantastic/Dr. Reed Richards, The Thing/Ben Grimm, Nova/Frankie Raye, Alicia Masters, Willie Lumpkin

X-Men Mutants: [Agent Zero/Maverick/David North], Angel/Warren Worthington III, Arclight/Phillippa Sontag, Beast/Dr. Henry Phillip “Hank” McCoy, [Blob/Frederick J. Dukes], [Bolt/Christopher Bradley], Callisto, Colossus/Piotr Nikolaievitch Rasputin, Cyclops/Scott Summers, [Deadpool/Wade Wilson], Emma (Grace) Frost, Jean Grey/Phoenix, Juggernaut/Cain Marko, Gambit/Remy LeBeau, Glob Herman/Herman Gardner, Iceman/Bobby Drake, Jubilee/Jubilation Lee, Katherine “Kitty” Anne Pryde, [Kestrel/John Wraith], Lady Deathstrike/Yuriko Oyama, Leech, Magneto/Erik Magnus Lehnsherr, Mastermind/Jason (Wyngarde), Multiple Man/James Arthur Madrox, Mystique/Raven Darkholme, Nightcrawler/Kurt Wagner, Phat/William Robert “Billy-Bob” Reilly, Professor Charles Xavier, Psylocke/Elizabeth “Betsy” Braddock, Pyro/St. John Allerdyce, Quill/Max Jordan, Rogue/(Anna) Marie, Sabretooth/Victor Creed, Sebastian Hiram Shaw, [Silver Fox], Siryn/Theresa Rourke Cassidy, (The) Spike, Storm/Ororo Munroe, Wolverine/Logan

X-Men Non-Mutants: Drake Family (Steven, Madeline, Ronny), Grey Family (Dr. John, Elaine), Henry Peter Gyrich, Robert Edward Kelly, Dr. Moira Kinross MacTaggert, Dr. Kavita Rao, William Stryker, Bolivar Trask, Warren Worthington II

Just to make things even more fun, Marvel have the rights to Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, even though they're from the X-Men comics. But they don't own the rights to the word "mutant" because that's X-Men and Fox owns that, so they can't call them mutants.

It's all a bloody great big mess, really. Go here and try to make sense of it all: http://screenrant.com/marvel-comics-movies-characters-carl-6766/
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Stan Lee confirms cameo in Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy    Stan Lee confirms cameo in Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy  EmptyMon Apr 28, 2014 1:51 pm

Yeah, I knew about the X-Men and Spider-Man deals being owned by other people (some have speculated they might join them two film franchises up at some point, but I highly doubt it).

I meant is it going to be actually acknowledged in the Marvel cinematic universe (with Iron Man, Thor, Cap etc.) or is it just off to the side on it's own (but still owned by Marvel Studios)? Like will they be mentioning Thor and Iron Man every four minutes during the film Funny

In regards to all what you said though, it's pretty nuts. I know Marvel sold the rights to all that before they ever decided to go ahead with their own films, but you'd think they'd purchase the rights back. Trying to explain this to someone who is just a casual viewer is a nightmare - making them understand why Batman isn't part of any of this is tough enough xD
Back to top Go down
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

PostSubject: Re: Stan Lee confirms cameo in Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy    Stan Lee confirms cameo in Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy  EmptyMon Apr 28, 2014 2:28 pm

I think it is. The main villain in GotG is supposed to be the daughter of Thanos, so that's a tie-in there. I imagine the after-credits thing for GotG will be a hype thing for Avengers 2 (or whatever else is coming up), but that'll likely be about as much "hey, we're in the same universe as those other guys!" we'll get.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Stan Lee confirms cameo in Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy    Stan Lee confirms cameo in Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy  EmptyMon Apr 28, 2014 2:43 pm

Geez. Marvel needs to get all that together...

But it's funny, me and some friends were complaining on Saturday about how he wasnt gonna be in this one. Funny

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
Your dad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stan Lee confirms cameo in Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy    Stan Lee confirms cameo in Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy  Empty

Back to top Go down

Stan Lee confirms cameo in Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1