HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Steve Austin Admits To Being Interested In Match With Brock Lesnar

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Steve Austin Admits To Being Interested In Match With Brock Lesnar   Empty
PostSubject: Steve Austin Admits To Being Interested In Match With Brock Lesnar    Steve Austin Admits To Being Interested In Match With Brock Lesnar   EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 4:45 pm

During an interview with Paul Heyman on the Steve Austin show podcast, Austin admitted that he would be tempted to return to WWE for a match against Brock Lesnar.

The two were discussing how Brock has not reached his potential as a wrestler yet, and when Heyman brought up the idea of Austin returning to face Brock, Austin said he would have to pause and continue that conversation off the air. Heyman joked that the news would be the headline coming out of the show.

Obviously Austin remains tremendously popular, has a good relationship with WWE, just appeared at WrestleMania 30, and always seems to leave the door slightly open for one more match. In the past, he has teased that he would return if the money and situation is right. Of course, Austin is also 49 years old and it remains a question if he can physically handle a return given his neck injury. As for Brock, his stock is pretty high right now following him ending the Undertaker's Streak at WrestleMania 30.

Austin vs. Brock is also interesting given the history around it. The two were supposed to wrestle in 2002 with Brock winning, but Austin ended up walking out of the company over it. For what it's worth, Austin talked to Chris Jericho on his podcast show recently about why he did not want to face Brock in 2002 when WWE was pushing for the match.

"(Jim Ross) told me creative wanted Brock to beat me. And I'm thinking, okay hold it. I'm drawing stupid money right now. Obviously WWF had spent a lot of money getting me into this position. I busted my ass getting myself in this position. Guys that draw stupid money don't just happen overnight. So now all of a sudden you want me to do a job for a guy, now I love Brock Lesnar and he's a monster, and as soon as he walked in the door everybody saw massive potential in the guy, but for me to do a job for him without any kind of buildup? A match but no two or three weeks talking about it?"

"It was stupid because you have to own up to some responsibility and accountability and show up. Honor your deal. You're packed with the boys and your job. So I should have showed up like a man, come up with a solution. Could have been a different solution, could have been just don't even do the match, but show up and talk to Vince face to face, solve the problem in some way or fashion, and get through it like a grown man."

Read more at http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/320062#kICsTD7mIoMmeL6F.99
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: Steve Austin Admits To Being Interested In Match With Brock Lesnar    Steve Austin Admits To Being Interested In Match With Brock Lesnar   EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 5:37 pm

Yeah...& this probably won't be a good idea. Steve had the chance like 12 years ago but decided to walk-out. I aint bothered
Back to top Go down
Usman
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Usman

PostSubject: Re: Steve Austin Admits To Being Interested In Match With Brock Lesnar    Steve Austin Admits To Being Interested In Match With Brock Lesnar   EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 6:50 pm

I can see this happening if Austin is capable enough of having another match honestly. I think both men are probably looking forward to have a match they weren't able to have before.
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: Steve Austin Admits To Being Interested In Match With Brock Lesnar    Steve Austin Admits To Being Interested In Match With Brock Lesnar   EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 7:07 pm

Look at what happened to the last guy who was nearly 50 & thought he was "capable" of getting into the ring w/ Brock. Wtf..?
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Steve Austin Admits To Being Interested In Match With Brock Lesnar    Steve Austin Admits To Being Interested In Match With Brock Lesnar   EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 7:08 pm

If Austin can have another match, he'd have to do it against a careful worker. Not Lesnar. Funny

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
Your dad
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Steve Austin Admits To Being Interested In Match With Brock Lesnar    Steve Austin Admits To Being Interested In Match With Brock Lesnar   EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 7:11 pm

Brock will snap Austin's neck completely if they face. I hope if Austin comes back, he faces someone else. Fuck, I'd rather he face Rock again than BORK...
Back to top Go down
MorphyVA
Motherfucking SETONIAN!
Motherfucking SETONIAN!
MorphyVA

PostSubject: Re: Steve Austin Admits To Being Interested In Match With Brock Lesnar    Steve Austin Admits To Being Interested In Match With Brock Lesnar   EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 7:14 pm

He should bring his own casket with him just in case.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steve Austin Admits To Being Interested In Match With Brock Lesnar    Steve Austin Admits To Being Interested In Match With Brock Lesnar   Empty

Back to top Go down

Steve Austin Admits To Being Interested In Match With Brock Lesnar

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1