HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WWE Reportedly Unhappy Over Fan Reaction to Undertaker/Lesnar Finish

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

WWE Reportedly Unhappy Over Fan Reaction to Undertaker/Lesnar Finish Empty
PostSubject: WWE Reportedly Unhappy Over Fan Reaction to Undertaker/Lesnar Finish   WWE Reportedly Unhappy Over Fan Reaction to Undertaker/Lesnar Finish EmptySun Apr 13, 2014 10:55 pm

- F4WOnline.com reports that Vince McMahon and other WWE officials were not necessarily satisfied with the fan reaction after the finish for The Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania 30. The expected shock was there, however WWE was looking for a more appropriate reaction to the sendoff of The Undertaker.

Credit: F4WOnline.com via Wrestlezone.com
Read more at http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/319506#T80SxcUDHRepzPQC.99
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: WWE Reportedly Unhappy Over Fan Reaction to Undertaker/Lesnar Finish   WWE Reportedly Unhappy Over Fan Reaction to Undertaker/Lesnar Finish EmptySun Apr 13, 2014 11:37 pm

Maybe they should have gave the fans more of a notice it WAS the send off. Indifferent

WWE Reportedly Unhappy Over Fan Reaction to Undertaker/Lesnar Finish FJBloTX
WWE Reportedly Unhappy Over Fan Reaction to Undertaker/Lesnar Finish Rmt9lhM
Back to top Go down
Saintpat
Main Eventer
Saintpat

PostSubject: Re: WWE Reportedly Unhappy Over Fan Reaction to Undertaker/Lesnar Finish   WWE Reportedly Unhappy Over Fan Reaction to Undertaker/Lesnar Finish EmptySun Apr 13, 2014 11:40 pm

Nah, if they built it up as "Undertaker's last match" it would have taken away from Bryan ... and the reaction would have been more ballistic.

There was a nice "Thank you Taker" chant as he hobbled up the walkway. I wanted to chant "You Sold Out" but thought the better of it.

Funny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WWE Reportedly Unhappy Over Fan Reaction to Undertaker/Lesnar Finish   WWE Reportedly Unhappy Over Fan Reaction to Undertaker/Lesnar Finish EmptySun Apr 13, 2014 11:53 pm

"Nah, if they built it up as "Undertaker's last match" it would have taken away from Bryan ... and the reaction would have been more ballistic."

IT STILL DID!!! How many people are actually talking about Daniel Bryan's title win? It's been a week and people are STILL going about the Streak ending. Also, the crowd was dead up until the part of the triple threat where the ref bump took place, then they started to get super excited again. Let's try not to pretend that crowd wasnt out of it for a majority of the title match until the end.
Back to top Go down
StraightEdge Rurouni
WTF Its StraightEdge
StraightEdge Rurouni

PostSubject: Re: WWE Reportedly Unhappy Over Fan Reaction to Undertaker/Lesnar Finish   WWE Reportedly Unhappy Over Fan Reaction to Undertaker/Lesnar Finish EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 12:41 am

I still hear people talking about DB, mostly by people who aren't active members of the IWC.  You're always going to hear the negativity the most because people like to give out negative opinions.  A lot of people are excited about Bryan.  This is the only place I go to where everyone is pissed about it.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: WWE Reportedly Unhappy Over Fan Reaction to Undertaker/Lesnar Finish   WWE Reportedly Unhappy Over Fan Reaction to Undertaker/Lesnar Finish EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 1:25 am

The past few weeks, any news sites comments and Youtube comments have all been either about Ultimate Warrior's death or the streak ending. Funny

But yeah, what did WWE really expect? "Hey, let's have the least deserving guy end the streak, make the build up complete shit, and then completely shove it aside, nothing can go wrong! We aren't totally slapping the face of Undertaker fans!"
Also, not trying to offend anyone, but notice how the main people that are happy about this are people that never liked/weren't huge fans of Undertaker to begin with (Saintpat, TJ, Caleb, Myke, etc.)

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
Your dad
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: WWE Reportedly Unhappy Over Fan Reaction to Undertaker/Lesnar Finish   WWE Reportedly Unhappy Over Fan Reaction to Undertaker/Lesnar Finish EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 1:49 am

Then again, when ARE WWE happy about how the fans react to stuff? Funny
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: WWE Reportedly Unhappy Over Fan Reaction to Undertaker/Lesnar Finish   WWE Reportedly Unhappy Over Fan Reaction to Undertaker/Lesnar Finish EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 1:51 am

They love it when you boo Cena, they make money off it.
Back to top Go down
StraightEdge Rurouni
WTF Its StraightEdge
StraightEdge Rurouni

PostSubject: Re: WWE Reportedly Unhappy Over Fan Reaction to Undertaker/Lesnar Finish   WWE Reportedly Unhappy Over Fan Reaction to Undertaker/Lesnar Finish EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 4:34 am

@Razor, Undertaker was one of my favorite wrestlers of all time, he's one of the reasons I'm the fan I am today.  I just don't see it as the legacy ruining moment a lot of people see it as.  It's already happened, so I'm not going to get upset by it, just hope for something good to come of it.
Back to top Go down
MorphyVA
Motherfucking SETONIAN!
Motherfucking SETONIAN!
MorphyVA

PostSubject: Re: WWE Reportedly Unhappy Over Fan Reaction to Undertaker/Lesnar Finish   WWE Reportedly Unhappy Over Fan Reaction to Undertaker/Lesnar Finish EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 5:03 am

There's more to Undertaker's legacy than the streak. His Hell in a Cell match with Mandkind was one of the most historical matches in WWE. Plus I don't think his 21 consecutive Wrestlemania wins will ever be replicated.

A real Undertaker send off would be him going into a casket and being carried/pushed off the arena.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: WWE Reportedly Unhappy Over Fan Reaction to Undertaker/Lesnar Finish   WWE Reportedly Unhappy Over Fan Reaction to Undertaker/Lesnar Finish EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 6:13 am

I don't get at all how Taker's legacy was ruined by the streak. Hanging his opponents on the cross, literally hanging Big Boss Man by a noose... Those are things that ruin legacies. (And, to me, makes a BIG portion of his career pretty damn sketchy. I think most people gloss over how awful 1998-2006-ish was (The Orton feud brought him back on track.)

They changed Undertaker's gimmick, completely stripping away ALL 'magical' aspects at one point and then he suddenly had them again.

Taker's streak, prior to Shawn Michaels, (Although I'm sure it'll be argued much earlier) just really wasn't significant. You can use revisionist history if you want, but it wasn't a part of the show until they started telling you it was and it wasn't REALLY a part of his character until at least WM23.

I guess the real argument for Taker's legacy being tarnished relies on Taker being "undefeated," more so than it was about his streak. If 1 loss cancels out 21 wins, than the 21 wins didn't matter. Only the fact that he had never lost mattered. It could be 12 or 15 or any number (beyond a certain point, I suppose)

To Razor's point, I've always 'respected' Taker more than I liked him. He's a great worker and probably the greatest character of all time, but the paradox it created I could never get passed. He's a comic book character expected to be treated seriously. You can have a darker character (Sting, Bray Wyatt, etc) without completely shutting off the realism. There's no magic in those characters. The 'magic' of Taker was always a bit much for me.

---

On this note, though, I'll suggest that if reports are right and Taker didn't suffer a concussion, that this match was booked intentionally this way (And when I look back on it, I can see it making sense) they're building for one last great match with Taker to send him out as a winner, over Brock Lesnar at WM 31. I'm guessing Taker's 'magic' will re-appear - and he'll retire a winner at Wrestlemania. But that's just my guess.

Maybe we're finally out of the Twilight Zone and Taker really is done.

Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: WWE Reportedly Unhappy Over Fan Reaction to Undertaker/Lesnar Finish   WWE Reportedly Unhappy Over Fan Reaction to Undertaker/Lesnar Finish EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 6:17 am

Reindeer McAwesome wrote:
I think most people gloss over how awful 1998-2006-ish was (The Orton feud brought him back on track.
Are you insinuating American Badass Taker wasn't one of the greatest things ever?

Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: WWE Reportedly Unhappy Over Fan Reaction to Undertaker/Lesnar Finish   WWE Reportedly Unhappy Over Fan Reaction to Undertaker/Lesnar Finish EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 6:38 am

I'm saying if you think Brock ending the streak ruins his legacy -- you're probably not remembering the fact that the streak wasn't a thing during that period. The magical aspect wasn't there.

Back to top Go down
Methylated Spirit
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Methylated Spirit

PostSubject: Re: WWE Reportedly Unhappy Over Fan Reaction to Undertaker/Lesnar Finish   WWE Reportedly Unhappy Over Fan Reaction to Undertaker/Lesnar Finish EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 6:48 am

Reindeer McAwesome wrote:
You can use revisionist history if you want, but it wasn't a part of the show until they started telling you it was and it wasn't REALLY a part of his character until at least WM23.

This pretty much. The first time I remember it being significant was when Edge said he had a streak at Wrestlemania, the same as 'Taker. He ended up losing his title and streak at WM24 to 'Taker, then when Shawn Michaels came about it began being packaged as the biggest prize in WWE (again this may be an attempt to make 'Taker seem more significant as I'm sure this is around the time he started doing only a handful of appearances a year based around 'Mania). Though I am and will continue to be a mark for 'Taker, I can understand the streak ending and I wouldn't say Lesnar is undeserving of doing so. He was billed as the most destructive wrestler WWE's ever signed when he first had a stint in WWE, and continuing that on isn't a bad thing. Yeah he's not a regular competitor but that doesn't matter (nay I think that's vital). Imagine someone we see every week beating the Undertaker at 'Mania. They can never be a face and likely can never have a gimmick change because they beat the streak. That would become stale somewhere down the line. Lesnar is an established heel that many people already could never see being a face, and due to his sporadic appearances, his "gimmick" isn't constantly there and won't need to be changed as quickly.
Just thought I'd chip in. Gotta say though, WWE should have expected this kind of fan reaction.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: WWE Reportedly Unhappy Over Fan Reaction to Undertaker/Lesnar Finish   WWE Reportedly Unhappy Over Fan Reaction to Undertaker/Lesnar Finish EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 10:14 am

I wasn't remotely happy that Brock ended the streak, but I certainly don't think for one minute that his legacy is fucked over because of it. Like Ian said, the streak wasn't even a thing until he beat Ric Flair at WM X8 and held ten fingers in the air, and JR said he was 10-0 at Wrestlemania. Up until then, it didn't even exist. I wouldn't even be surprised if the streak wasn't remotely planned up until that point when they figured "hey, we've never had him lose at Mania before...this could become a thing".

Taker could wrestle at Mania next year and I'd be still excited for it. I always got tired when all Taker's WM matches revolved around (predominantly) was the streak.

Honestly, I dunno' what WWE were expecting. All breaking the streak was ever going to do was create that shocking moment no one truly thought would happen. They would have got a more kind reaction if it wasn't bloody Lesnar that broke it. If an internet darling had, people wouldn't moan <_<
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: WWE Reportedly Unhappy Over Fan Reaction to Undertaker/Lesnar Finish   WWE Reportedly Unhappy Over Fan Reaction to Undertaker/Lesnar Finish EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 1:03 pm

Wait, when did I say it ruined Undertaker's legacy? Indifferent

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
Your dad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WWE Reportedly Unhappy Over Fan Reaction to Undertaker/Lesnar Finish   WWE Reportedly Unhappy Over Fan Reaction to Undertaker/Lesnar Finish EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 1:04 pm

Another reason it shouldn't have happen. With all the years WWE invested into it the more people can so invested into it. Of Course people are going to be fucking pissed off when it ended, but more are pissed off on how it ended. This out of nowhere BS doesn't work for something like the streak. With how horrible the build up was and how shitty the story was...and for the streak to be ended with it...yeah people are going to be fucking pissed off.  Yeah there are some who will clean it under the rug, however most won't. Such a Epic thing goes out in a tiny fart.

It took alot of away from Daniel Bryan's big WM win, more people are talking about the ending of the streak than DB winning the WWE WHC. Whenever people talk about WM 30, yeah they will talk about DB winning the title...but it was also always going to be remember how the streaked died, and not just died but died in such a stupid fucking way. If Jesus came back just to wrestle at the show, more people will still be talking about Taker's streak dying.

IDK who the fuck ended it, but Vince is a fucking idiot if he didn't think people are going to be pissed off about it. I doubt WWE is going get much investment out of Brock. 2 matches max 3 matches out of Brock in the coming year. If Vince is willing to give a couple more millions to that greedy asshole than maybe it could be worth it. But until than, it was not only a stupid wrestling choice but also a stupid business choice. 

Also just a little note. I see people worshiping Brock, yet they are the same people who shit on Ryback for being dangerous in the ring. Fucking Brock has injured more people than anyone else. He fucking broke Bob Holly's neck for fuck sake.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WWE Reportedly Unhappy Over Fan Reaction to Undertaker/Lesnar Finish   WWE Reportedly Unhappy Over Fan Reaction to Undertaker/Lesnar Finish EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 1:11 pm

10 years from now, when people talk about Mania 30, they wont be talking about Daniel Bryan...they'll be talking about Undertaker. Could care less how many people are talking about D-Bry now, the Streak is all people care about, period.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: WWE Reportedly Unhappy Over Fan Reaction to Undertaker/Lesnar Finish   WWE Reportedly Unhappy Over Fan Reaction to Undertaker/Lesnar Finish EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 1:17 pm

You say that like it's a bad thing. Could mean fans are more receptive to a longer Bryan run as the guy because the first payoff was overshadowed.

Back to top Go down
Methylated Spirit
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Methylated Spirit

PostSubject: Re: WWE Reportedly Unhappy Over Fan Reaction to Undertaker/Lesnar Finish   WWE Reportedly Unhappy Over Fan Reaction to Undertaker/Lesnar Finish EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 1:18 pm

Bull wrote:
Another reason it shouldn't have happen. With all the years WWE invested into it the more people can so invested into it. Of Course people are going to be fucking pissed off when it ended, but more are pissed off on how it ended. This out of nowhere BS doesn't work for something like the streak. With how horrible the build up was and how shitty the story was...and for the streak to be ended with it...yeah people are going to be fucking pissed off.  Yeah there are some who will clean it under the rug, however most won't. Such a Epic thing goes out in a tiny fart.

It took alot of away from Daniel Bryan's big WM win, more people are talking about the ending of the streak than DB winning the WWE WHC. Whenever people talk about WM 30, yeah they will talk about DB winning the title...but it was also always going to be remember how the streaked died, and not just died but died in such a stupid fucking way. If Jesus came back just to wrestle at the show, more people will still be talking about Taker's streak dying.

IDK who the fuck ended it, but Vince is a fucking idiot if he didn't think people are going to be pissed off about it. I doubt WWE is going get much investment out of Brock. 2 matches max 3 matches out of Brock in the coming year. If Vince is willing to give a couple more millions to that greedy asshole than maybe it could be worth it. But until than, it was not only a stupid wrestling choice but also a stupid business choice. 

Also just a little note. I see people worshiping Brock, yet they are the same people who shit on Ryback for being dangerous in the ring. Fucking Brock has injured more people than anyone else. He fucking broke Bob Holly's neck for fuck sake.

Bob Holly: Over-selling a neck breaker.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WWE Reportedly Unhappy Over Fan Reaction to Undertaker/Lesnar Finish   WWE Reportedly Unhappy Over Fan Reaction to Undertaker/Lesnar Finish EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 1:19 pm

It was a powerbomb that broke his neck
Back to top Go down
Saintpat
Main Eventer
Saintpat

PostSubject: Re: WWE Reportedly Unhappy Over Fan Reaction to Undertaker/Lesnar Finish   WWE Reportedly Unhappy Over Fan Reaction to Undertaker/Lesnar Finish EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 1:22 pm

Gee, people did a lot of Yes! chants at the end and on Raw the next week and even though the goat is on honeymoon they will be chanting for him tonight on Raw.

It takes nothing away from his winning the title. People can say in revised history that they cared about the streak but nobody cared about his match going into WM30 ... and that was because everyone "knew" the outcome.
Back to top Go down
Methylated Spirit
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Methylated Spirit

PostSubject: Re: WWE Reportedly Unhappy Over Fan Reaction to Undertaker/Lesnar Finish   WWE Reportedly Unhappy Over Fan Reaction to Undertaker/Lesnar Finish EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 1:25 pm

Bull wrote:
It was a powerbomb that broke his neck

It seems my attempt at humour was lost/not up to scratch.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WWE Reportedly Unhappy Over Fan Reaction to Undertaker/Lesnar Finish   WWE Reportedly Unhappy Over Fan Reaction to Undertaker/Lesnar Finish EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 1:29 pm

Saintpat wrote:
Gee, people did a lot of Yes! chants at the end and on Raw the next week and even though the goat is on honeymoon they will be chanting for him tonight on Raw.

It takes nothing away from his winning the title. People can say in revised history that they cared about the streak but nobody cared about his match going into WM30 ... and that was because everyone "knew" the outcome.

> Taker streak ends
> crowd is silent for over an hour
> crowd doesnt pick back up until the end of the triple threat

You're failing to realize that.
Back to top Go down
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

PostSubject: Re: WWE Reportedly Unhappy Over Fan Reaction to Undertaker/Lesnar Finish   WWE Reportedly Unhappy Over Fan Reaction to Undertaker/Lesnar Finish EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 1:33 pm

Bull wrote:
He fucking broke Bob Holly's neck for fuck sake.

Kurt Angle injured Edge's neck doing German Suplexes.

AJ Styles broke Lionheart's neck doing the Styles Clash.

Oh, and Owen Hart broke Steve Austin's neck doing a Piledriver.

They all certainly sound like terrible wrestlers who should be banned from wrestling immediately.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WWE Reportedly Unhappy Over Fan Reaction to Undertaker/Lesnar Finish   WWE Reportedly Unhappy Over Fan Reaction to Undertaker/Lesnar Finish Empty

Back to top Go down

WWE Reportedly Unhappy Over Fan Reaction to Undertaker/Lesnar Finish

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next