HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Davey Richards Talks How He Wants to Be Remembered, Why He Chose TNA Over WWE, Talks The Streak Ending & More

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Davey Richards Talks How He Wants to Be Remembered, Why He Chose TNA Over WWE, Talks The Streak Ending & More Empty
PostSubject: Davey Richards Talks How He Wants to Be Remembered, Why He Chose TNA Over WWE, Talks The Streak Ending & More   Davey Richards Talks How He Wants to Be Remembered, Why He Chose TNA Over WWE, Talks The Streak Ending & More EmptyFri Apr 11, 2014 8:17 am

One half of the TNA tag team The Wolves, Davey Richards, appeared on Ring Rust Radio hosted by Donald Wood, and you can check it out at Blogtalkradio.com/ringrustradio. Below are some interview highlights:

The Legacy He Wants to Leave:

"I want to be someone who tried to bring life to pro wrestling. There's a lot of people who are just out for themselves and their characters and just people I wouldn't consider good people and it's good to see good people that work are come out on top like Bryan at WrestleMania or me and Eddie Edwards and there's a bunch of others. I want to be someone who tried to help other people and who inspired people and things like that. If I can leave that I'm not concerned with how much money I make or how big of a star I become, more or less just someone who people could be inspired and motivated by I guess would be what I would like to leave behind when I'm gone."

Choosing TNA vs. WWE:

"I never really wanted to go to WWE. The tryout there was awesome. It was really fun and I can't say enough good things and I learned a lot, but I told a few of the guys during the initial tryout with Eddie that this was not for me just because moving down to Orlando is not what I wanted to do and wrestling is not the only thing I want to do with my life. To give up everything and just live in that world is not my idea of a great life or a perfect life. TNA offered me to be able to wrestle with some of the best wrestlers in the world, I could be on television, I could go and entertain crowds but I could still come home and be Wes. I could be Davey, then I could be Wes. It was just better for me and I couldn't be happier in TNA it's been great."

Thoughts on Taker's Streak Ending:

"Records are made to be broken, that's the biggest thing. I mean, when there's any big change people just crap on it but I read something online that said he chose it and I mean, he looked like an old guy in the ring because the guy's been around forever and has done everything. He's made a ton of money, he has the legacy, apparently he's got an awesome character that will live forever, so I doubt he went home and started crying, I'm sure he's not at the court house; he's loving life. I think they could have picked a better guy to end the record but I don't work there so it doesn't matter, it's good for both of them."
Back to top Go down

Davey Richards Talks How He Wants to Be Remembered, Why He Chose TNA Over WWE, Talks The Streak Ending & More

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1