HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Divas Champion (Spoiler) Thoughts/Opinions?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
MorphyVA
Motherfucking SETONIAN!
Motherfucking SETONIAN!
MorphyVA

New Divas Champion  (Spoiler) Thoughts/Opinions? Empty
PostSubject: New Divas Champion (Spoiler) Thoughts/Opinions?   New Divas Champion  (Spoiler) Thoughts/Opinions? EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 7:35 am

As you all know, NXT women's champion, Paige just won the WWE Divas championship from AJ during Raw. What do you think about this? Is this going to inject life into the divas division? Or should we expect to see Paige fucked and to see her on Total Divas? 

She also kinda dropped the "Anti-Diva" gimmick since AJ Lee's been doing that when she started doing promos about how she's done more than any diva has done and the other divas are poor excuses for women. Paige seemed to have that "Rookie Underdog" feel during Raw. Do you think will this work out for a great storyline? Will Paige be used right?

My personal opinion: I wished that they would have delayed Paige's arrival in WWE because I wanted Tamina to feud with AJ Lee and take the title, then AJ could take it back. Then Paige could make her debut. But I guess WWE won't be giving Tamina a chance in a while. Sad

I also loved how genuine Paige's reaction was when she won the the title. I haven't enjoyed seeing something like that happen with WWE Divas in a long time. First time I marked hard during a divas match. I just hope WWE doesn't misuse Paige.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: New Divas Champion (Spoiler) Thoughts/Opinions?   New Divas Champion  (Spoiler) Thoughts/Opinions? EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 8:15 am

Eh. I think it really was about putting over NXT. Some people will blame Punk, but AJ was going to drop the belt soon regardless.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Divas Champion (Spoiler) Thoughts/Opinions?   New Divas Champion  (Spoiler) Thoughts/Opinions? EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 9:22 am

It's the best debut I've seen in a while. She may have botched it but AJ sold it. The crowd were energetic and I loved AJs reaction to losing, though not as much as Paiges win. Very deserving of the win. She was definitely the right choice. Quiet a few NXT people on, even if they were getting NXT over, meh, I like that show.

I did think that AJ and Tamina would feud. I guess they still might.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: New Divas Champion (Spoiler) Thoughts/Opinions?   New Divas Champion  (Spoiler) Thoughts/Opinions? EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 11:01 am

I loved it. Was unexpected. I feel bad for AJ that they just buried her after a 220+ day reign though, but it was a great debut. Both Paige and AJ are the best divas today.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Divas Champion (Spoiler) Thoughts/Opinions?   New Divas Champion  (Spoiler) Thoughts/Opinions? EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 12:47 pm

^That
Great debut, but bad timing.
Match was too short
Only good thing was her debuting on the main roster, AJ Selling it, and the crowd's reaction. The crowd actually chanted "This is awesome" during a divas match.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Divas Champion (Spoiler) Thoughts/Opinions?   New Divas Champion  (Spoiler) Thoughts/Opinions? EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 12:54 pm

How was it bad timing? You would rather her debut on a show where the crowd doesnt give a shit who she is?
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: New Divas Champion (Spoiler) Thoughts/Opinions?   New Divas Champion  (Spoiler) Thoughts/Opinions? EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 1:03 pm

I think he meant the match itself. I too would've preferred her to debut tonight, but not have a match, challenge AJ for it at Extreme Rules and then end her reign there. Would've been sweet for both of them. But this works either way, as long as Paige or AJ is champ, RX is happy.
Back to top Go down
Go ills go
Icon
Go ills go

PostSubject: Re: New Divas Champion (Spoiler) Thoughts/Opinions?   New Divas Champion  (Spoiler) Thoughts/Opinions? EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 1:08 pm

Don't like that AJ Lee lost it, especially like that, but eh it was a good debut and appropriate moment right after WM.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wrestling-united.com

PostSubject: Re: New Divas Champion (Spoiler) Thoughts/Opinions?   New Divas Champion  (Spoiler) Thoughts/Opinions? EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 1:25 pm

If anything it was the best choice to have it last night. The crowd was red hot for Paige and others who haven't seen Paige on NXT, and they watch how these fan reacted they will believe "Hey, this chicks seems like the real deal."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Divas Champion (Spoiler) Thoughts/Opinions?   New Divas Champion  (Spoiler) Thoughts/Opinions? EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 1:35 pm

Yeah but that doesn't mean you just bury the champion like that. I know someone will argue with me because I used the word "bury" but I mean c'mon. It's like Sheamus defeating Bryan at wrestlemania in a match that was less than 1 minute. I just wish the match would of been longer, that's it. That's my only issue.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Divas Champion (Spoiler) Thoughts/Opinions?   New Divas Champion  (Spoiler) Thoughts/Opinions? EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 1:36 pm

You can say AJ underestimated Paige, which caused her to lose.

Besides AJ hasn't been made to look very strong in the past number of months now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Divas Champion (Spoiler) Thoughts/Opinions?   New Divas Champion  (Spoiler) Thoughts/Opinions? EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 1:41 pm

Semi-true, but she's not a paper champion that's for sure. She might not been booked to look strong, but she was booked to look like a champion. And for someone to lose after 295 days...just like that..over someone's debut, doesn't work for me, but I'm accepting cause is paige lol I just wish the match would of been longer

Think of it like this, Punk losing the WWE Title when he held it for so long to a new strong and "Favorite" wrestler from NXT debuting in a "squash" match.
(I'm bad at examples sometimes)
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: New Divas Champion (Spoiler) Thoughts/Opinions?   New Divas Champion  (Spoiler) Thoughts/Opinions? EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 5:33 pm

Yeah I agree with iLike. It was a very bad burial of AJ. She retains at WM, she's at a peak, then she loses it in like 40 seconds/1 minute. I love both Paige and AJ, so I want them both to look good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Divas Champion (Spoiler) Thoughts/Opinions?   New Divas Champion  (Spoiler) Thoughts/Opinions? EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 5:47 pm

Her losing was not a burial, she had most of the offense in that match and because of time constraints, that's why it ended so short. Besides, why are we saying it's a burial of AJ when she was burying the division in promos week in and week out, including last night?
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: New Divas Champion (Spoiler) Thoughts/Opinions?   New Divas Champion  (Spoiler) Thoughts/Opinions? EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 5:49 pm

What division? ROFL!
AJ and Paige are better than every other diva put together.

Plus, being on the mic as a HEEL is obviously going to lead to her saying things like that. It's like saying Punk buried WWE by saying he's the best in the world. That's so stupid.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: New Divas Champion (Spoiler) Thoughts/Opinions?   New Divas Champion  (Spoiler) Thoughts/Opinions? EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 6:28 pm

I ain't seen this, but read about it. Honestly, I don't see it as a burial. WWE and AJ just put over a diva in one swift go in a big ass way. AJ is that popular anyway, she could never win that title again and she'd still be the most over Diva in the company. She used her long reign to help get a new talent over...more over than any of the other Divas on the roster, I might add.

It just depends on how you do it AND how you utilise it, that's all.

Also, the Daniel Bryan comparison is terrible. Those 18 seconds put him over ridiculously... Funny
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: New Divas Champion (Spoiler) Thoughts/Opinions?   New Divas Champion  (Spoiler) Thoughts/Opinions? EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 6:36 pm

Didn't she just go over the entire roster the night before?

This wasn't a "burial" because when you bury them, you're made to look bad. AJ wasn't made to look bad, she was made to look like an overconfident, perhaps foolish champion. AJ immediately put her into her finish, and only lost because of unfamiliarity with her opponent.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Divas Champion (Spoiler) Thoughts/Opinions?   New Divas Champion  (Spoiler) Thoughts/Opinions? EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 6:41 pm

EEYEN wrote:
Didn't she just go over the entire roster the night before?

This wasn't a "burial" because when you bury them, you're made to look bad. AJ wasn't made to look bad, she was made to look like an overconfident, perhaps foolish champion. AJ immediately put her into her finish, and only lost because of unfamiliarity with her opponent.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Divas Champion (Spoiler) Thoughts/Opinions?   New Divas Champion  (Spoiler) Thoughts/Opinions? EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 10:29 pm

Match was too short, that's jut my problem.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: New Divas Champion (Spoiler) Thoughts/Opinions?   New Divas Champion  (Spoiler) Thoughts/Opinions? EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 7:17 am

No one complains when their internet darlings cash in money in the bank and win the World Title in less than a minute xD
Back to top Go down
Go ills go
Icon
Go ills go

PostSubject: Re: New Divas Champion (Spoiler) Thoughts/Opinions?   New Divas Champion  (Spoiler) Thoughts/Opinions? EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 12:37 pm

^ Well to be fair the champ is normally beaten down or just finished a match before that. I just don't like how the match went either but still it made sense to do something like that after WM. & they set it up well leading to the match. Title reign was long enough and AJ can do without it. Not a big deal.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wrestling-united.com

PostSubject: Re: New Divas Champion (Spoiler) Thoughts/Opinions?   New Divas Champion  (Spoiler) Thoughts/Opinions? EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 2:42 pm

It's was the best way to get Paige's main roster push to start off with a bang. Have her end AJ's title reign and in such a short manner too. imo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Divas Champion (Spoiler) Thoughts/Opinions?   New Divas Champion  (Spoiler) Thoughts/Opinions? EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 2:47 pm

It kind of reminds me of how Honky Tonk's IC title reign ended. Just chalk it up to a pre-morten Warrior tribute.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Divas Champion (Spoiler) Thoughts/Opinions?   New Divas Champion  (Spoiler) Thoughts/Opinions? Empty

Back to top Go down

New Divas Champion (Spoiler) Thoughts/Opinions?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1