Not to TJ it, but...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

Not to TJ it, but... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not to TJ it, but...   Not to TJ it, but... - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 10:34 am

WWE Creative know how to please the fans!

And Batista looked fucking clueless in the Rumble with that gear he stole from someone 10 mins before he went out...why WWE thinks they need to go back to former guys constantly instead of making new ones, is beyond me.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Not to TJ it, but...   Not to TJ it, but... - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 3:04 pm

Maybe WWE wants to follow WCW and TNA's past formula suspicious 
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Not to TJ it, but...   Not to TJ it, but... - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 3:22 pm

Drachen wrote:
How is Batista not a draw? What are "legitimate rating?"

Had he come back during a week where they were still playing Monday Night Football, how low would that rating have been?

A legitimate rating to qualify you as a 'draw' in the context you tried to sell him as would be two weeks before Elimination Chamber. If he puts up that kind of a rating after the initial appeal wares thin, he's a draw. When he doesn't, he's not. He's initial appeal. He's the pop Kevin Nash gets at the Royal Rumble.
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: Not to TJ it, but...   Not to TJ it, but... - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 9:47 pm

Reindeer McAwesome wrote:
Drachen wrote:
How is Batista not a draw? What are "legitimate rating?"

Had he come back during a week where they were still playing Monday Night Football, how low would that rating have been?
The same. People will watch WWE when WWE gives them the incentive; and Batista was obviously an incentive. People also have to stop blaming MNF for WWE's poor ratings too. I'm sorry, but when you bring in a 2.73 rating against games that nobody cares about (like Dolphins vs Tampa Bay - who drew the lowest rating for MNF in recent years) should tell you that the product is watered down.

Is Batista more popular than Bryan w/ the WWE audience now? No,but Batista popped Raw viewership in a big way WWE needed when he returned. Batista also has a massive advantage in that he's starring in a comic book movie (Guardians of the Galaxy), which means mass exposure and media events where he can bring the WWE title. From a business perspective, he makes sense, and I assure you I have less than zero interest in watching Batista.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Not to TJ it, but...   Not to TJ it, but... - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 10:43 pm

Well, I don't know how much it affects others, but my godbrother and my brother both tuned in JUST to see Batista. Once he had returned and was off the screen, they both stopped watching. They didn't even watch when he came back out and whooped Del Rio, they really just wanted to see Batista,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not to TJ it, but...   Not to TJ it, but... - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 2:12 am

^ Yeah, Batista pulled in a lot of viewers like that when he came back. Problem is, those viewers are useless to WWE (no offense to your family). They pulled in a good rating for one episode of Raw, but how many of those people are going to come back next week, and next week, and next week? The amount of Batista fans who are going to stick around for the two years he's signed on for is probably pretty small, especially if he continues to get reactions like he did on Raw this week (since casual fans buy into crowd reactions a lot, from my experience).
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: Not to TJ it, but...   Not to TJ it, but... - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 5:03 am

From here on out, the ratings will depend how much incentive WWE gives their audience to watch. I don't think anyone will argue that Batista is a week-to-week ratings messiah, but he is someone who WWE can capitalize on in terms of the mainstream market (like John Cena & The Rock) given his popularity outside of WWE - which is what WWE wants & what a lot of people don't understand.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not to TJ it, but...   Not to TJ it, but... - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 12:38 pm

^ I agree with your point, but I don't really see Batista drawing like Rock and Cena do. He's a big name, to be sure, but he's not on their level.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Not to TJ it, but...   Not to TJ it, but... - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 1:36 pm

Vice President Razor wrote:
Well, I don't know how much it affects others, but my godbrother and my brother both tuned in JUST to see Batista. Once he had returned and was off the screen, they both stopped watching. They didn't even watch when he came back out and whooped Del Rio, they really just wanted to see Batista,

Great, he drew people in for 15 minutes tops and then they all changed the channel! Funny
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Not to TJ it, but...   Not to TJ it, but... - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 1:40 pm

They wouldnt have changed it if he stayed. walk
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Not to TJ it, but...   Not to TJ it, but... - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 1:44 pm

You want Batista on TV for 3 whole hours? Indifferent

#sarcasmacknowledged
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Not to TJ it, but...   Not to TJ it, but... - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 1:51 pm

Yes. Mad as hell

the IWC wants Daniel Bryan on tv for 3 hours. I aint bothered
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: Not to TJ it, but...   Not to TJ it, but... - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 11:12 pm

Nearphotison wrote:
^ I agree with your point, but I don't really see Batista drawing like Rock and Cena do. He's a big name, to be sure, but he's not on their level.
Exactly, but just using examples of guys who have had success outside of WWE that the company has taken full advantage of.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Not to TJ it, but...   Not to TJ it, but... - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 11:50 pm

Drachen wrote:
From here on out, the ratings will depend how much incentive WWE gives their audience to watch. I don't think anyone will argue that Batista is a week-to-week ratings messiah, but he is someone who WWE can capitalize on in terms of the mainstream market (like John Cena & The Rock) given his popularity outside of WWE - which is what WWE wants & what a lot of people don't understand.

I totally get that, but I don't think he is that. Maybe someone believes he's that, but he's just... not. He's as popular outside of the WWE as 'The Miz' is...
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: Not to TJ it, but...   Not to TJ it, but... - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 01, 2014 12:06 am

EEYEN wrote:
Drachen wrote:

I totally get that, but I don't think he is that. Maybe someone believes he's that, but he's just... not. He's as popular outside of the WWE as 'The Miz' is...
Yes he definitely is...Absolutely no comparison.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Not to TJ it, but...   Not to TJ it, but... - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 18, 2016 5:17 am

Batman wrote:
Yes. Mad as hell

the IWC wants Daniel Bryan on tv for 3 hours. I aint bothered
Man...

I would tune in on RAW every week YO
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not to TJ it, but...   Not to TJ it, but... - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Not to TJ it, but...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wrestle Fanatics :: The Squared Circle :: Pro Wrestling Universe + Wrestling Media-