HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

4) Tyler Lawson vs. Ace Andrews

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

4) Tyler Lawson vs. Ace Andrews Empty
PostSubject: 4) Tyler Lawson vs. Ace Andrews   4) Tyler Lawson vs. Ace Andrews EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 8:42 pm

Due: Saturday November 16th, at 11:59 PM EST
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: 4) Tyler Lawson vs. Ace Andrews   4) Tyler Lawson vs. Ace Andrews EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 4:24 pm

(Yeah, it's a short throwaway match, but somehow I really enjoyed writing this one, so I hope someone gives it a read at least.)

"So it's come to this, hasn't it? This place is so barren that they resort to putting me against losers like this. I think I deserve better."
The words of Ace Andrews stir up a massive series of boos from the crowd. He's hated already, but ridiculing one of the fastest rising stars in this company isn't gonna do his popularity any favors. His opponent for the night, Tyler Lawson, is both puzzled and offended at the same time, and quickly acquires a microphone of his own to retort.

"Loser? Excuse me? This 'loser' happens to be the King of Xtreme and the number 1 condender for the world title, thank you very much."
The fans are firmly on Lawson's side here, and are extremely excited at the mere allusion to our XtremeMania main event. ("In just under two weeks, LIVE on Pay-Per-View!") #ShamelessPlug

"Ha! Some king you are. You're not...Nobody...is a contender for anything unless they beat me. I should be facing legends! Icons! CHAMPIONS! Not some...King of the Closet..."
Tyler looks down and shakes his head as the boos pick up. Ace smirks as he continues.

"Yes, yes. I know all about you and your 'coming out party' later tonight...So in my honest opinion, you really shouldn't be out here facing me...you should be getting ready, heh heh heh..."
This is getting annoying by this point.

"Could you really lay off the "Closet" shtick? I thought you of all people would be able to sympathize with me for David Michaels calling me names...ain't that right, Ass?"
'Ass' Andrews's head snaps back in shock as the crowd erupts in laughter. The former world champion's smirk turns to a scowl, as the upstart Lawson has succeeded in pissing him off.

"You don't want to do that, Lawson...you really don't want to do that..."

"Ha hah...Ah, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. That was uncalled for, I apologize. Y'know what? Here, I'll get the fans back on your side. Hey everyone! Let's all chant for Ass-I mean Ace! Ace...Ace...Ace..."
However, Tyler's slip of the tongue has unavoidable consequences, as nearly everyone in attendance starts to chant 'ASS! ASS! ASS!' at the top of their lungs. Lawson chuckles sheepishly as Ace drops his microphone and vehemently prepares for battle.

"Only here in XWA would they be chanting 'Ass' at someone..."

"That wasn't a wise move for Lawson. Pissing off Ace Andrews is the last thing you want to do."

"I agree. Especially after taking the loss last week. He needs momentum going into XtremeMania!"
Lawson drops his microphone out to a worker on the floor, and the match begins.

DING DING DING

Ace charges, angrily, toward the corner that Lawson was standing in, but telegraphs it badly, as the Instant Classic is able to quickly circle around him. Lawson drops down as Andrews runs into the turnbuckles and quickly takes him down from behind with a School Boy.....1....Ace quickly kicks out. The chanting starts to die down, but only in order to cheer for the near-fall. After rolling back onto his hands and knees, Andrews pops back up as fast as he can and swings at his opponent, but Lawson ducks under his hand and starts off toward the ropes on the other side of the ring. Ever the ring general, however, the Billionaire Brawler immediately turns and follows him. As Lawson comes off the ropes, he is met right away by a hard Running Dropkick that launches him right over the top rope. Luckily, the Instant Classic holds onto the ropes and manages to land on the apron, but he needs time to shake the fuzz out of his head that that kick caused, time that Ace is using to stand back up and grab him. Andrews quickly rears his opponent back before flipping him back over the ropes into the ring and Slamming him hard on the canvas. Lawson sits back up, arching his back after the impact, but Ace isn't giving him any time, quickly grabbing him under the shoulders and starting to punch away. He takes Lawson back across the ring with shot after shot, right hand after right hand, until Tyler is backed into the corner, forced to cover himself up from the onslaught.

"See? What'd I tell ya? Never want to make Ace angry."

"Indeed! Lawson's really gotta do something to turn it around here."
After nailing his opponent with a few more right hands, Ace grabs Lawson by the wrist and scoots him off to the right a little. After this, he initiates an Irish Whip, sending Lawson off again, this time away from the camera, to the ropes on the other side. Upon the King of Xtreme's return, Ace quickly scoops him up and whips around around before depositing Lawson on his back with a Snap Powerslam. He just stays right on top of his opponent from there, hooking the leg for the cover.....1.....2...Kickout. Andrews looks angrily at the referee, but decides not to argue, as Lawson deserves more punishment anyway. He stands back up, leaving Lawson to arch his back again in pain. As Ace looks around, scowling at the crowd, they, on cue, immediately start the "ASS! ASS! ASS!" chant back up, making him even angrier. Andrews storms off toward the corner, quickly exiting to the apron and beginning to ascend the turnbuckles. The chants get even louder when he gets to the top, leading to the former world champion shaking his head and rolling his eyes as he stands up on the top rope. After sizing up Lawson's position, he crouches down...and leaps, flipping back for his Joker Shooting Star Press, but by the time his line of sight is back down to the ring, Lawson has quickly rolled out of the way, and Ace hits nothing but canvas. The crowd goes nuts seeing the miss. This week, for once, they are firmly behind Lawson.

"Oooh! Nobody home there! Can Lawson turn this around now?"

"Ouch, very Un-Ace-Like mistake right there..."
As Lawson pulls himself up in the corner, Ace retracts his body into the fetal position, covering up his midsection after the belly flop he landed on the mat. After a few cringing seconds, Andrews slowly pushes himself back up, and starts turning around to locate his opponent. Oh he finds him all right, but it's by Lawson leveling him with a huge Lariat as soon as their eyes meet. Ace's back smacks off the mat, and his instinct is to immediately get back up as fast as he can, but the Instant Classic is waiting, even waving him up with both his hands. As Ace reaches his feet, Lawson is there to take him right back down with an Enzuigiri right to the side of the head. Both men drop to their hands and knees, but Lawson turns himself around fairly quickly, in order to face his opponent. Andrews shakes his head quickly to get the cobwebs out, rubbing his temple as he tries to get back up, but Lawson is faster, and is able to reach his feet first. Upon seeing that his opponent is up, then, Lawson then charges, and completes this trifecta of moves with a thunderous Spear. Lawson ends up on his knees as Ace crumples to the mat, and the #1 Contender quickly drops on top of him for a pin. The referee slides in.....1.....2.....No! Ace kicks out! Lawson scoffs at the near-fall; he was so close to having that one.

"Oh man, Lawson was so close to pulling the upset right there!"

"Ace has gotta get his shit together!"
That he does, as before long, Lawson is once again back to his feet. He reaches down and grabs his opponent, dragging Ace back up to his feet. As he holds Andrews limply by the jaw, the Instant Classic points a finger to the sky, prompting a large pop; the crowd knows what this usually means. Tyler grabs Ace around the head and hooks the arm over his own head, but before he can start the Toxic Spike, Ace suddenly comes back to and begins to swing away, landing several body shots to the ribs of Lawson. He squirms, he swings, and Lawson starts to lose his grip after taking a few punches. Eventually, Andrews gets his left arm off of Tyler's neck, and his first move is to switch it to his left knee. After slightly swiveling to his right, the Billionaire Brawler grabs his opponents head and quickly lifts him up, falling straight back into a Samoan Drop. After the impact rocks both Lawson and Andrews, Ace rolls off his opponent and toward the ropes, looking to use them to get back up. Lawson, cringing, slowly stands up while trying to crack his back along the way, but Ace had the advantage of the ropes, and is up first. Andrews quickly lunges forward after Tyler turns to him, returning the favor by connecting with a Spear of his own. The boo-birds come back out a little for that. After rolling off of Lawson, Ace lays flat on his back in the middle of the ring, catching his breath.

"He should be going for the cover! Right now!"

"Well he might not think he'll get it at this point. He's not done yet."

"Nonsense! You always go for the cover."
As both men are unmoving, the referee starts a ten-count, and that's Ace's cue to start getting up. Milk the time you have, smart, veteran move. He pushes himself over to his knees and throws a foot underneath him, struggling a bit, but slowly, surely getting there. As he does, Lawson tries the same, holding his ribs a bit as he pulls himself off his back. Ace gets to his feet and stumbles back as he turns toward Lawson, sizing him up as he staggers to his feet. Suddenly the "ASS! ASS! ASS!" chants start back up again. Already pissed, Ace immediately turns back toward the announce table and yells "SHUT UP!" out into the crowd. He turns again, away from the camera, repeating himself "SHUT UP!" before turning back to his opponent. By this time, Lawson has reached his feet, and is stumbling toward Ace. Andrews then spins around, going for his Roaring Elbow....but The Flop misses, as Lawson sees it coming and ducks underneath. As Ace hits nothing but air, Lawson turns behind him and grabs him around the waist. He pulls back, pops the hips...German Suplex connects. Cheers come up again as Tyler starts to pull himself up in the corner as Ace is sent rolling back onto all fours, throwing his left hand back, over his shoulder to rub on his upper back. It's anyone's game right now; the first man to make a solid move can gain total control right here.

"Great counter by Lawson there! Now can he take advantage!"

"...doubt it..."
The passive-aggressive remarks from Dennis continue as Ace slowly gets back up. Tyler leans in the corner, catching his breath, while Andrews rolls his head around to relieve the pain. Suddenly, the former world champion runs forward, trying to regain his advantage, but just as in the beginning of the match, Lawson sees the charge coming. This time, he drops down, grabbing Ace around the waist, and pulls his opponent face-first into the top turnbuckle. Ace's head snaps back, and he stumbles around back to the middle of the ring, burying his face in his hands. As quick as he can, the Instant Classic stands right back up, going after Ace after taking control with those two counters. Lawson kicks his opponent in the stomach and hooks him in the Front Facelock, but it's not a Toxic Spike just yet. Instead, he hooks Ace's left hand under his right, grabbing the right wrist with his own right hand. After spinning back and twisting Ace around, Lawson grabs his opponent's left hand with his own left and falls straight down into his Double Arm-Trap Neckbreaker, the newly-christened Steel City Special-as explained by Ted Cedar on commentary. As Ace's hands snap back to his neck after the impact, Lawson rolls away toward the ropes and quickly grabs them to pull himself back to his feet. After holding his lower back a little as he walks over to Ace, he has no trouble grabbing his opponent and pulling him to his feet. As quick as he can, Tyler hooks Andrews up and lifts him high into the air...hold it...hold it...Toxic Spike connects! He rolls Ace over and hooks the leg. Here's the count.....1.....2.....3!

DING DING DING!

"Wow, Lawson pulled off the upset...how bout that."

"When you're the #1 contender, there's only one match I can think of that could truly be considered an upset if you won..."

"Well tell that to Ace!"
Abridged Postmatch
Lawson gets his hand raised and celebrates outside the ring. After a while, Ace comes back to and looks furious at getting beaten, all the while the chants of "ASS! ASS! ASS!" are continuing. Lawson smirks at Andrews from the ramp as Ace glares at him angrily. We go to commercial...

Lawson may have won his match,
but the night is not over for him.
Browse on over to Chilly's promo
for the rest of tonight's story...
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: 4) Tyler Lawson vs. Ace Andrews   4) Tyler Lawson vs. Ace Andrews EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 2:57 pm

Side note: Scrolling this seemed interesting. I will actually read it once I have time to do so.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 4) Tyler Lawson vs. Ace Andrews   4) Tyler Lawson vs. Ace Andrews Empty

Back to top Go down

4) Tyler Lawson vs. Ace Andrews

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1