HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WWF 2002 - Monday Night Raw

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

WWF 2002 - Monday Night Raw Empty
PostSubject: WWF 2002 - Monday Night Raw   WWF 2002 - Monday Night Raw EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 4:24 am

So, I just wrote this as an EWR diary. This is a month in from when I started the game and coming off of the Pay Per View so I'm sort of dropping you halfway into where I'm using people in the storyline but I thought it turned out to be a really awesome show and I wanted to post it somewhere to get some feedback on it. So yeah, read it if you'd like, if not then don't. I'm not overly fussed, I just enjoyed writing it and would like some feedback.

MONDAY NIGHT RAW
29th April 2002
Nashville, TN

JIM ROSS: “Welcome Ladies and Getlemen to Monday Night Raw here! Tonight’s a big night coming off the heels of Backlash and one of the most shocking returns we’ve ever witnessed here in the WWF!”
JERRY LAWLER: “You’re not lying there, JR! I still can’t believe what happened at Backlash! Shawn Michaels made his return to the WWF and sided with the nWo!”
JIM ROSS: “More than that, King, Michaels distracted Triple H to allow Scott Hall and X-Pac to jump the Undisputed Champion from behind and lay him out for The Undertaker to cover the champion and win the title! I guarantee you that tonight there’ll be hell to pay, especially in our main event which’ll see Triple H go one on one with X-Pac!”
JERRY LAWLER: “Speaking of X-Pac and the nWo, I heard they’re going to be on their way down here to explain what went down at Backlash!”

The New World Order’s music plays and SCOTT HALL and X-PAC make their way out from the back to a chorus of boos from the crowd. The two nWo members climb into the ring and Scott is handed a microphone.

SCOTT HALL: “Hey yo! Scott Hall here with X-Pac, you might know us as the nWo! I know, I know, you people want to hear from the big man, Shawn Michaels. But that’s where it gets tricky, Shawn ain’t here tonight. He got no reason to be here tonight because he knows between me and Pac we can deal with anything that anyone here in the WWF throws at us! Because last night at Backlash, the nWo made a statement, we beat that big dumb freak, Kane. We beat that stupid redneck, Bradshaw and most importantly we taught that jackass, Triple H a lesson. Hunter, we used to be boys, you, me, Nash, Pac, Michaels, we were all something special. But ever since the nWo came back you haven’t been flying our colours, in fact, you’ve ignored us and that didn’t just piss us off, but it pissed your boy, Shawn, right off. So consider what happened at Backlash a warning, don’t turn your back on the nWo and don’t turn your back on the bad guy!”

IT’S TIME TO PLAY THE GAME

JIM ROSS: “My God! It’s Triple H! He looks absolutely livid!”
JERRY LAWLER: “Has he got a sledgehammer?!”

TRIPLE H steps through the entrance way in sweat pants and a shirt, twirling the sledgehammer he’s holding in both hands and looking past it straight at the nWo members. Both X-Pac and Scott Hall look concerned as Triple H starts walking down the ramp with his eyes fixated on two of the men who cost him the Undisputed title at Backlash when he’s suddenly blindsided by a cameraman who had been standing to the side of the entrance ramp. KEVIN NASH takes off the WWF hat and tosses the camera that’d been using to cover his face to the side as he puts the boots to Triple H. Nash grabs the former champion and throws him into the ring to Scott Hall and X-Pac before joining them in the ring. The nWo are like a pack of wild dogs fighting over Triple H’s carcass as they all look to get their licks in with boots and hard punches and whatever else they can manage. Nash pulls Triple H up to his feet and tosses him to Hall who pulls HHH up onto his shoulders and drops him with the Razor’s Edge. The three members of the nWo stand over Triple H as X-Pac screams at him that he’ll see him later tonight.

JONATHON COACHMAN is backstage and frantically runs after someone who is walking away from the camera.

COACH: “Mr. Flair! Mr. Flair!”

Coach stops RIC FLAIR in his tracks and Ric turns to face the camera.

COACH: “Mr. Flair, everyone is demanding to know just what you were thinking at Backlash, taking out ‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin like you did! Also, what about Kevin Nash coming back from suspension already?”
RIC FLAIR: “Well, Coach, let me tell you something, I made it pretty damn clear that I’m not taking demands anymore last night! I don’t care who you are, whether it’s Austin, The Undertaker or you! Fact of the matter is this is my show! I run this show and that’s the bottom line. As for Kevin Nash, I lifted his suspension as of this morning myself.”
COACH: “But, sir, what about Austin being unable to make it here tonight because he’s being seen to by doctors for the knee injury that you gave him?”
RIC FLAIR: “Austin learned a valuable lesson last night, you don’t cross the boss! Woo! Now get out of my way and go do your job!”

Ric shoves Coach out of the way and continues to walk down the hallway, clearly proud of himself.

BRADSHAW vs. BUBBA RAY DUDLEY
WWF HARDCORE CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Bradshaw is sporting a new hair cut as he comes down to the ring, clearly with a new attitude to go along with the new look. JR and The King show a video from what happened last night at Backlash where Bradshaw turned on Kane and beat him down screaming that he wasn’t a freak. The match gets underway and it is clear it is going to be a big brawl as the two men trade big hands before Bubba gets the upper hand when he dumps Bradshaw to the outside. Bubba follows his opponent out and pulls out a garbage can but Bradshaw crunches it into Bubba’s face with a big boot. Bradshaw pulls Bubba to his feet and tosses him into the security barricade before putting him into the ring. Bradshaw is scouting Bubba for the Clothesline from Hell when KANE comes out from the back. Kane marches towards the ring, completely focused on Bradshaw who calls for the Big Red Machine to come in to fight him. Kane obliges and the two men start trading blows with Kane getting the upper hand, grabbing Bradshaw around the throat and Chokeslamming him to the mat! Bubba Ray gets to his feet and covers Bradshaw as Kane gets out of the ring, getting the three and retaining his title belt!

KANE is storming through the backstage area when TERRI stops him.

TERRI: “Kane! Can I ask how you’re feeling after last night at Backlash?!”
KANE: “Terri… I was happy for the first time in my life. I had friends… I was comfortable in my own skin and then that idiot, Bradshaw turned on me and laid me out. He doesn’t think freaks are cool? I’ll show him just how cool us freaks are!”

Kane continues his walk and Terri watches him go closely when PAUL HEYMAN steps into picture with BROCK LESNAR.

PAUL HEYMAN: “Terri, I know that our time together is supposed to be later on but Brock and I were thinking that maybe you’d like to spend some time with us… A little earlier?”

Paul reaches out and runs a finger around Terri’s face but she slaps the hand of Heyman away.

PAUL HEYMAN: “Oh, come on now, Terri, Brock doesn’t like it when people say no and you wouldn’t want to make Brock mad would you?”

Terri looks over at Lesnar and the Next Big Thing stretches out his neck as Terri shakes her head quietly.

PAUL HEYMAN: “Good, so when we come back later on, you’ll be much nicer to us, won’t you?”

Terri nods as Paul laughs to himself before Heyman and Lesnar walk away leaving Terri nearly in tears.

A video starts playing of a college lawn with a bunch of students all sitting and talking as it cuts to a young man running through drills on the football field and back again to the quiet lawn. The video cuts back to a young man dunking a basketball and then back to the quiet lawn. One more cut in the video sends us to an amateur wrestling mat where a young man is dominating his opponent and gets the easy pin before cutting back to the lawn and panning across to the same young man who had been in each of the clips standing in front of a small tree.

YOUNG MAN: “Oh, hi, there, I didn’t see you. Let me introduce myself, my name’s MARK JINDRAK and I am the ‘All-American’. College football, basketball, amateur wrestling, baseball… I’ve done it all and now I’m on my way to the WWF. Me. Monday Night Raw will now have one of the greatest athletes alive on its roster. Mark Jindrak. You people don’t know how lucky you all are, but don’t worry, you soon will.”

Jindrak turns and walks away from the camera shot as it fades to black.

NIDIA vs. JAZZ
WWF WOMEN’S TITLE MATCH
After Jazz put Trish Stratus on the sideline, Nidia is incredibly pumped to get a chance with Jazz in the ring and to have a title shot so early in her career. Nidia goes straight after Jazz but the young rookie gets tossed to the side by Jazz like a ragdoll. Jazz picks Nidia up and drops her with a Military Press before slamming down onto Nidia with a splash. Jazz hooks the leg but the plucky youngster kicks out and starts fighting back, looking like she’s ready to become Women’s Champion but Jazz catches Nidia and drops her with a DDT. Jazz hooks the leg and gets the three count to retain her belt.

JONATHON COACHMAN is standing backstage in the interview area for Monday Night Raw and welcomes his guest, EDDIE GUERRERO.

COACH: “Eddie Guerrero, last night at Backlash you came off second best to Rob Van Dam and didn’t manage to win the Intercontinental title, what are your thoughts and feelings tonight?”
EDDIE GUERRERO: “My thoughts? Let me explain to you how the world works, Coach. For a loss to count it has to be fair, not by some pendejo taking my frog splash and using it against me. Rob Van Dam may think that our little feud is over but it’s not. In fact, when Rob Van Dam goes out there for his match tonight, I’ll be on commentary ese! You wanna hear my thoughts? Listen to me while I’m out there.”

RIC FLAIR is sitting in his office looking over some paperwork when suddenly his office door bursts open and TRIPLE H steps in. Triple H walks straight up to Flair’s desk and dumps the papers from in front of Flair to the floor.

RIC FLAIR: “Can I help you?”
TRIPLE H: “Can you help me? You can start by explaining to me why Kevin Nash had his suspension lifted? Or maybe you can explain to me why you thought it was a good idea to sign a new member to the nWo? Maybe you can then explain to me why in the hell you thought it a good idea to sign back Shawn Michaels?! Huh, Naitch, can you tell me why it seems like you’re sitting here making one bad decision after the other?”
RIC FLAIR: “Hunter, let me explain to you something else instead. You’re not the Undisputed Champion anymore and because you lost to The Undertaker you’re now a Raw superstar. That means I’m in charge of you, I’m your boss. So, you better start showing me some respect, Hunter, because I’m not Vince McMahon, I won’t take you storming in here and demanding answers. So, Hunter, I’m gonna give you one chance to walk back out that door and forget about it all because you keep going the way you’re going, you’re gonna end up hurt.”
TRIPLE H: “Ric, you’re gonna need an army to make me get down on my knees and kiss your ass, truth of it all is you’re just the same as Vince McMahon ever was and I will have no problems mowing you down.”

Triple H turns and walks away from Flair who gives a little smirk as the former Undisputed Champion walks away. Flair picks up his phone on his desk and dials a number as the show goes to commercial.

The show cuts to a sleazy bar somewhere in Tennessee. The bar is completely empty apart from the barman and one man leaning on it drinking silently. The dank lighting in the bar definitely sets the tone as the barman cleans a glass with a dirty rag. The man flicks his long hair back and reveals his face, RAVEN sitting at the bar watching on.

RAVEN: “It’s all a joke, you know. One bad choice leads to another. Those bad choices don’t seem like bad choices at the time but when you look back at them, you realise they are. You look back and you can’t help but feel some sort of regret. I can’t afford regret, there’s no room in my life for regret to go along with everything else. I know who I am and I don’t pretend to be anything else unlike some of those other people I work with. I’m a man who keeps whatever deity you believe in on his toes… There’s no word of a lie in anything I’ve ever said! Not one damn word! But where am I? I’m sitting here in an empty bar, not a soul to keep me company except one lonesome bartender that I’m spilling my guts to. It’s all a joke… This is the rebirth of Raven… This is me, putting on my wax wings so that I can fly too close to the sun just one more time… This is Raven’s Summer of Violence and it’s coming to you people… Quoth the Raven, Nevermore…”

Raven slams down his drink on the bar before rising up and walking towards the front door of the bar. The bartender watches him go quietly and turns back to washing his glass with the dirty rag.

TOMMY DREAMER vs. MR. PERFECT
Jim Ross and The King wonder just what Raven is talking about as Dreamer and Perfect get the match started with an elbow and collar tie up. The two men vie for control of the match in the early goings but Mr. Perfect’s natural athleticism allows him to get the upper hand as he drops Dreamer with a Waistlock takedown. Perfect slaps the back of Dreamer’s head and tries to get the ECW veteran riled up and it seems to work as Dreamer snaps and unloads with big hands right to Mr. Perfect. Dreamer unleashes hell on Perfect before slamming the veteran into the corner. Dreamer lines him up and charges from across the ring but Perfect times his movement perfectly and ducks out of the way of Dreamer, catching Tommy and flipping him over with the Perfect Plex! Mr. Perfect gets the three count and the win here to get back on the winning page here in the WWF.

WILLIAM REGAL is backstage with his own personal referee, MR. TAYLOR. The two of them are walking backstage when they spy SPIKE DUDLEY talking to some workers from backstage in the parking lot. Regal and Taylor look at each other and both have sly smiles as they slink up behind Spike. Regal and Taylor both jump the new European Champion at the same time, driving big shots into his back and laying him out in short order. Regal pulls Spike in and clocks him with a huge Power of the Punch to pretty much knock Spike out but they’re not done there as Regal tosses the lifeless Spike to Taylor who pulls him in and drops him with a Piledriver on the concrete! The two British men turn and walk away from Spike, having destroyed the man who stole Regal’s European title last week on Raw.

TERRI is backstage and she looks worried when PAUL HEYMAN steps into the shot backed up by 280 pounds of muscle in BROCK LESNAR. Heyman gives a sickening smile to Terri and reaches out a hand to caress her face as she pulls away in disgust.

PAUL HEYMAN: “Well Terri, why don’t you welcome Brock and I back?”
TERRI: “No.”
PAUL HEYMAN: “I’m sorry? I swear I could’ve heard you say no just now and I’m pretty certain I warned you that was a word that Brock doesn’t like to hear.”

A big hand suddenly reaches in from the other side of the screen and grabs Heyman’s shoving it away from Terri. THE BIG SHOW is standing tall looking at Heyman.

THE BIG SHOW: “The lady said to leave her alone.”
PAUL HEYMAN: “Oh, I’m sorry, am I supposed to be intimidated by you because you’re bigger than me? You love to push people around don’t you Big Show?”
THE BIG SHOW: “Final warning. Leave her alone.”
PAUL HEYMAN: “Or what? In case you hadn’t noticed, I’m not afraid of you, Big Show and you wanna know why that is?”
THE BIG SHOW: “You’re an idiot?”
PAUL HEYMAN: “Ha! Good one, but no.”

Brock Lesnar suddenly bursts forward, landing big shots into Big Show before grabbing the back of the giant’s head and tossing him straight into the concrete wall in the hallway all four of them are standing in. Brock lays the boots into Big Show as Show slumps to the ground until Paul puts a hand on his shoulder to stop him.

PAUL HEYMAN: “It’s because I’ve got The Next Big Thing backing me up and he’s not scared of you or anyone else on this planet, no matter how big they are. Terri, darling, sorry to delay our time together again but you’ll have to wait until next week.”

Paul leads Lesnar away as Terri rushes over to check on The Big Show, calling for someone to get a doctor to check on The Big Show.

ROB VAN DAM vs. GOLDUST
EDDIE GUERRERO joined Jim Ross and The King on commentary for this match and spent the entire time running down his opponent from Backlash. Goldust and RVD got straight after each other, locking up tight with Goldust taking RVD into a side headlock before Van Dam shoves him off and takes Goldust over with a Monkey Flip. The two men trade blows again before Van Dam gets the upper hand and hits a big backdrop on Goldust before following it up with a Rolling Thunder. Van Dam jumps up onto the top rope, ready to hit his Five Star Frog Splash when Eddie Guerrero jumps up from the announce table and shoves Van Dam off! The referee calls for the disqualification but Guerrero doesn’t even seem to care as he grabs the Intercontinental title and scouts RVD with the belt. Guerrero clocks Van Dam with the title and lays out the Intercontinental Champion before screaming in Van Dam’s face that it’s his title and Van Dam isn’t going to keep him from holding it.

KEVIN NASH, SCOTT HALL and X-PAC are all backstage with each other. They all seem pretty happy as they watch X-Pac warm up for his match tonight.

KEVIN NASH: “This is gonna be easy for you, Pac. You know Hunter back to front and he hasn’t got anybody there to back him up.”
SCOTT HALL: “On top of that, we got old Naitch on our side finally. You gotta beat Hunter here tonight so we can convince him to stop being a moron and come on back over to our side.”
KEVIN NASH: “It’ll be too easy, man. Hunter’s not stupid, once he realises he hasn’t got a damn person who cares about him outside of us, he’ll be with us, no doubt.”
X-PAC: “Yeah man, you know what though? I ain’t gonna take it easy on him tonight. He needs to get it through his head that you’re either with us or you’re against us.”
KEVIN NASH: “You’re damn right, Pac. You know the big man is gonna be watching too just in case anything goes down. He’s like a ghost from Hunter’s past and Hunter isn’t gonna be able to deal with him as well as us. We just gotta make him see the light.”
X-PAC: “Oh trust me, I’ll make him see all kinds of lights tonight.”

X-Pac turns and walks away as the two nWo members stand and watch him go, smiling to themselves as he walks away.

X-PAC vs. TRIPLE H
X-Pac didn’t even get a chance to make it to the ring before Triple H came rushing from the back and clocked him from behind. Former friendships be damned, Triple H looks like he’s out for blood in this match as he violently throws Pac into the steel ring steps at ringside. Triple H unleashes vicious stomps to the chest of X-Pac before pulling him up and tossing him into the ring. X-Pac rolls to his knees and begs for Triple H to show some mercy which doesn’t slow The Game for a second as he steps forward to land a blow to X-Pac only for the nWo member to duck out of the way and hit a dropkick to Triple H’s back. Triple H stumbles forwards into the ropes and X-Pac unloads on the former Undisputed Champion with vicious kicks before whipping him across the ring and looking for a back body drop! Triple H has it scouted though and plants X-Pac with a facebuster before hitting a Spinebuster on X-Pac! Triple H runs the ropes and comes back, dropping a big knee across the forehead of X-Pac! The Game signals that this match is all over and climbs out of the ring, pulling his sledgehammer out from under the ring! JR yells that Triple H doesn’t want to win the match, he wants to put X-Pac out of commission! Triple H gets into the ring and the referee tries to pull the sledgehammer away from him but Triple H shoves the official out of his way before standing over X-Pac and lifting the sledgehammer above his head ready to drive it down onto X-Pac when KEVIN NASH and SCOTT HALL rush out from the back! Triple H catches Hall with a sledgehammer shot to the ribs before getting dropped by Nash with a big boot. Nash pulls Triple H up onto his shoulder and tosses him onto the top turnbuckle with a Snakes Eye before the newly risen, X-Pac catches Triple H and drops him with the X-Factor! X-Pac covers Triple H as Nash shakes the referee awake and the official makes the count! One! Two! Kick out! Triple H refuses to stay down! Nash and Hall are both sent to the outside by the official and X-Pac tries to drag Triple H to his feet only to get booted in the stomach and dropped with the Pedigree! Triple H hooks the leg! One! Two! Three! Triple H has beaten one of the nWo members here tonight! Hall and Nash pull X-Pac clear before Triple H can recollect his sledgehammer and the former Undisputed Champion stands tall watching the nWo back up the ramp.
Back to top Go down

WWF 2002 - Monday Night Raw

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1