HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ask Saintpat

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Ask Saintpat - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask Saintpat   Ask Saintpat - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 8:29 pm

Do you own any wrestling memorabilia?
Back to top Go down
Saintpat
Main Eventer
Saintpat

PostSubject: Re: Ask Saintpat   Ask Saintpat - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 8:38 pm

I have a George "The Animal" Steele action figure that was a Christmas gift some years ago.

And an autographed photo of Dutch Mantel (personalized) that he gave me when I bought his book (which he also signed). Cool guy. Met him the day before WM in Atlanta.

I have a ton of wrestling books, but I wouldn't call it memoribilia. And a Kevin Steen "Kill Steen Kill" shirt and ROH hoody. And a few DVDs.

You have any?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ask Saintpat   Ask Saintpat - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 8:50 pm

I have 2 CM Punk tshirts

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

And a John Cena tshirt in blue

Spoiler:

I've also many posters and dvds such as WM 23, Rey Mysterio, Kanes film and more
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Ask Saintpat   Ask Saintpat - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 9:23 pm

The coaches poll is stupid. Agree or disagree?

The playoff system is stupid. Agree or disagree?
Back to top Go down
Saintpat
Main Eventer
Saintpat

PostSubject: Re: Ask Saintpat   Ask Saintpat - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 9:31 pm

EEYEN wrote:
The coaches poll is stupid. Agree or disagree?

The playoff system is stupid. Agree or disagree?
Assuming we're talking college football here ...

The coaches don't see enough games. Too busy with their own teams.

There is no perfect system. It's not like the NFL where there is schedule equity and divisions of some sort. The best teams can all be in one conference and someone loses two games and is out ... while a team goes undefeated in a weak conference and gets rewarded.

I like the bowl system. The playoff is for couch potatoes who want to sit home and watch TV. They aren't the ones who go to the games. They don't buy the tickets. The people who actually do that are harmed by the playoff system.

Say you're a Michigan fan and Michigan gets into the playoff. Their first-round game is in Dallas. If they win, they go to Miami. Who can afford to do both? So they have to probably sit out the first round and HOPE their team advances so they can mortgage their home to afford a championship game ticket.

If they do a playoff, it should be home fields and the championship game at a neutral site.

And all conferences need to have a championship game. Not fair for say the Big 12 to not have a championship game and their best team gets to sit at the end while two good SEC teams or Big Ten teams or Pac-12 teams or ACC teams have to knock each other off.

And don't get me started on Notre Dame.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Ask Saintpat   Ask Saintpat - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 9:59 pm

I feel so close to you right now...
Back to top Go down
Saintpat
Main Eventer
Saintpat

PostSubject: Re: Ask Saintpat   Ask Saintpat - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 11:25 pm

Haha
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ask Saintpat   Ask Saintpat - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 9:09 am

How many wrestling shows have you been too?

Sunset or Sunrise?
Back to top Go down
Saintpat
Main Eventer
Saintpat

PostSubject: Re: Ask Saintpat   Ask Saintpat - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 7:04 pm

I will try to count ... probably a little less than two dozen. Most, but not all, WWE.

I'm usually not up at sunrise, but probably like it better. It's neat to see the world wake up, hear the birds start singing, etc.

But when I'm at the beach, sunset is best. It's just so fantastic to see the spread of colors across the sky over the water.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ask Saintpat   Ask Saintpat - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 12:40 am

What was the best thing about Hell In A Cell?

Has anything in WWE or any other wrestling promotion ever made you cry? When and what were they?

-----

How is the weather where you live? Smile

What are you doing for Halloween? Do you dress up?
Back to top Go down
Saintpat
Main Eventer
Saintpat

PostSubject: Re: Ask Saintpat   Ask Saintpat - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 12:48 am

10SD wrote:
What was the best thing about Hell In A Cell?

Has anything in WWE or any other wrestling promotion ever made you cry? When and what were they?

-----

How is the weather where you live? Smile

What are you doing for Halloween? Do you dress up?
Best thing about Hell in a Cell was probably the 3-way tag match: Usos vs. Shield vs. Rhodes brothers. They did a spot from the top of the corner where Cody superplexed Seth Rollins toward the floor where they took out like 5 guys. Incredible.

Also, Paul Heyman's trick was to come out on a lift and go to the top of the cell for the Punk-Ryback match. Punk won and looked up and said "where you gonna go now?" and climbed up with a kendo stick and beat him over and over and over and then hit the GTS.

It was a good PPV, I thought.

Right now it's kind of in between -- low 70s or high 60s during the day mostly, rained today (not heavy) a bit. At night mid-50s. Over the weekend it went down to high 30s at night and mid-60s during the day. But mostly sunny at least.

I hand out candy to the kids that come by -- usually a dozen groups or so, not as many as when I was a kid. I don't dress up, haven't for a long time. Girl at work was trying to figure out who to dress up as and I talked her into being Tonks from Harry Potter. Interested to see if she gets a pink wig or dyes her hair.

I don't think wrestling has ever made me cry, but the entire Jericho-HBK feud a few years ago made me really emotional (my name is Saintpat and I am a JerichoHolic). The match where he beat Shawn nearly to death was thrilling, but even more the next PPV Shawn destroyed him, beat him with a belt, broke a tooth ... and then they had the scramble match where Jericho sneaked in at the last minute and robbed Batista of the belt to win the title. I almost couldn't sleep I was so thrilled -- it was everything wrestling and storytelling should be.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Ask Saintpat   Ask Saintpat - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 12:50 am

I agree, that Y2J vs Michaels feud was amazing.
Opinion on Eddie G?
Back to top Go down
Saintpat
Main Eventer
Saintpat

PostSubject: Re: Ask Saintpat   Ask Saintpat - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 1:08 am

This may be controversial.

Eddie was, on the one hand, one of the best workers of his day.

On the other hand, he had average charisma in my opinion and an upper midcard ceiling. He wasn't going to go to the top.

Had he not died when he did, he wouldn't be remembered so fondly and considered as great. We would have seen him go through all the ups and down people in the industry go through, we would have seen angles work and not work, etc., like everybody else.

James Dean, Marilyn Monroe, JFK, etc. -- when you die young (not under the evil circumstances like Benoit, of course, but more tragically), people remember your good stuff and tend to forget or forgive the bad.

Eddie was good, damn good, but he wasn't better than Ricky Steamboat, for instance.
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Ask Saintpat   Ask Saintpat - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 1:10 am

Eddie was set to win the Rumble when he died. He was headed straight back to the top.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Ask Saintpat   Ask Saintpat - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 1:13 am

While I agree that he was remember more because he died, that's not to say he wouldn't have gone far. I think, personally, he would've been a headliner had he not died. The response he got on the RAW after he died was amazing, from fans, from co-workers. The dude was amazing, and easily one of the best.

IMO, anyway.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ask Saintpat   Ask Saintpat - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 6:26 am

do you remember me from topix like 2007 lol Razz?
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Ask Saintpat   Ask Saintpat - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 8:01 am

Well it depends what one means by "top". Eddie was certainly in the main event scene as was going to be for years to come - he was scheduled to win the World Title the week he did, if I remember correctly. So in that regard, he was on top, but if it's meant like face of the company Hulk Hogan/John Cena level, then yeah he wasn't on top. Either way, still very entertaining and was unique at the time.

Anywho...

Who are your favourite wrestlers?
Which PPV do you always go to in order get your wrestling fix?
What was your favourite era of wrestling?
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: Ask Saintpat   Ask Saintpat - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 2:01 pm

Do you think Saban will go to Texas?
Back to top Go down
Saintpat
Main Eventer
Saintpat

PostSubject: Re: Ask Saintpat   Ask Saintpat - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 3:19 pm

TWN wrote:
do you remember me from topix like 2007 lol Razz?

I remember the username but can't specifically recall anything about youur personality
Back to top Go down
Saintpat
Main Eventer
Saintpat

PostSubject: Re: Ask Saintpat   Ask Saintpat - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 3:45 pm

Chilly wrote:
Well it depends what one means by "top". Eddie was certainly in the main event scene as was going to be for years to come - he was scheduled to win the World Title the week he did, if I remember correctly. So in that regard, he was on top, but if it's meant like face of the company Hulk Hogan/John Cena level, then yeah he wasn't on top. Either way, still very entertaining and was unique at the time.

Anywho...

Who are your favourite wrestlers?
Which PPV do you always go to in order get your wrestling fix?
What was your favourite era of wrestling?
1. Current/contemporary faves include Dean Ambrose, Cody Rhodes, Jericho, Daniel Bryan, Kevin Steen.

All-time the list is way too long, but: Dick Slater, Ricky Steamboat, Shane Douglas, Curt Hennig, Stan Hansen and Ric Flair was up there.

2. I see a lot of the PPVs at the house of a friend who orders most of them. There is enough wrestling on every week to get my fix.

3. The territory era. Lineups changed enough to keep angles and rosters fresh as wrestlers moved frrom territory to territoy, and each territory had its own personality. Plus you would have traveling attractions like Andre the Giant, Abbdullah the Butcher and Bruiser Brodie who might show up at any time for a short turn to really shake things up.
Back to top Go down
Saintpat
Main Eventer
Saintpat

PostSubject: Re: Ask Saintpat   Ask Saintpat - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 4:00 pm

Drachen wrote:
Do you think Saban will go to Texas?
Yes, in 2015, when Alabama plays Wisconsin in Dallas.

I actually think Mack may have saved his job beating Oklahoma. Texas could win the Big 12.

Been wrong before, but I think Saban will retire at Alabama. He wants to eat, sleep, drink and think football 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. owhere better to do that than Tuscaloosa.

He turns 62 this week. He has built a dynasty at Alabama and that will be his legacy. Why go do a rebuilding job somewhere else?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ask Saintpat   Ask Saintpat - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 9:45 pm

You love NASA? Me too. I love reading about astronomy Big Grin!

If you had a chance, would you live on Mars?

Who will be your next guest on the STP Lounge? nervous 

You always have great questions. How do you come up with them?
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Ask Saintpat   Ask Saintpat - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 9:50 pm

62? The guy doesn't look a day over 50. Funny
Back to top Go down
Saintpat
Main Eventer
Saintpat

PostSubject: Re: Ask Saintpat   Ask Saintpat - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 9:58 pm

10SD wrote:
You love NASA? Me too. I love reading about astronomy Big Grin!

If you had a chance, would you live on Mars?

Who will be your next guest on the STP Lounge? nervous 

You always have great questions. How do you come up with them?
I am a COMPLETE nut for NASA.

Marshall Space Flight Center, which is NASA's rocketry center, is about 2 1/2 hours drive from here. I have gone many times, most recently about 18 months ago for the 100th birthday celebration of the late Werner Von Braun (who is the German rocket scientist to immigrated to the U.S. after WWII and who created all the NASA rockets that got us to space and to the moon).

I have two bumper stickers on my car -- a NASA one and a Detroit Red Wings (hockey team) one. I'm not actually a hockey fand and don't have a team but I was in Detroit this summer (I am a huge Detroit Tigers -- baseball team -- fan) and someone gave it to me and it's a cool logo, so what the heck. And it's easy to spot my car in a crowded parking lot since no one else has those around where I live.

I'm not sure who will be next. I may start a thing where I let Josh pick the next one and whoever that is pick the one after, etc. Which means I should have let you do that -- but Josh is my bud, so ...

Who would you suggest? I don't want it to be all old Topix people.

The questions thing is just go with my gut. The first round is get-to-know-you so that's pretty basic, may differ a little from guest to guest but not much. Then we get into wrestling topics -- I went heavy TNA with Josh because I know he follows it more than most and has good opinions on that. The XWA stuff is just a chance to see what people on this site think about each other, and the lightning round is just a fun 'pick one' exercise.

The essay questions are the toughest. I try to pick something that I think the guest will be able to answer in depth, based on my feel for what they know from all the previous questions.

Thanks. Now I got to go check and see if you answered my question about the Rabbitos on the Ask 10SD thread!!!
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Ask Saintpat   Ask Saintpat - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 10:35 pm

No way Saban leaves Bama for another job, but I do think he might consider the NFL again. If the right situation came along.

Why do so many Alabama players struggle to live up to hype after heading to the NFL?

Who is better? Oregon or Florida State.

Biggest potential challenge for Bama: LSU, Auburn, or the SEC East winner?

AJ McCarron's girlfriend or AJ McCarron's mom?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ask Saintpat   Ask Saintpat - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ask Saintpat

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next