HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Madden 20 Franchise - New England Patriots

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

Madden 20 Franchise - New England Patriots Empty
PostSubject: Madden 20 Franchise - New England Patriots   Madden 20 Franchise - New England Patriots EmptyMon Jun 29, 2020 8:05 pm

Not doing a fantasy draft for this one. Instead, I downloaded the most up-to-date roster and I'm playing as a coach for the Cam Newton-led Pats. nervous Gonna be playing on All Madden this time, with 8 minute quarters. All Pro has gotten too easy, but I might still get beat consistently by the All Madden CPU. #FeelTheBern I'll only be playing Moments, though. I decided to bring in a few free agents. I did the mad-lad move and signed Antonio Browns back to the Pats panic I also signed Clowney because ... I mean, he was there. I traded away John Simon to the Panthers for a round 2 and round 6 pick in the 2021 draft. After the pre-season cut, this is the roster:

Edit: Updated heading into the season

QB: Kyler Murray, Jarrett Stidham
HB: James White, Sony Michel, Damien Harris, Nakia Watson
FB: N/A
WR: Jaylen Waddle, N'Keal Harry, Marqise Lee, Devonta Smith, Jakobi Meyers, Tyrell Shavers, Kamryn Babb
TE: Brevin Jordan, Devin Asiasi, Dalton Keene, Ryan Izzo
LT: Isaiah Wynn, Korey Cunningham
LG: Joe Thuney, Jermaine Eluemunor
C: David Andrews
RG: Shaq Mason, Hjalte Froholdt
RT: Quinn Carroll, Marcus Cannon

LE: Jadeveon Clowney, Chase Winovich
RE: Deatrich Wise Jr., Derek Rivers
DT: Sheldon Rankins, DeMarvin Leal, Adam Butler, Tedarrell Slaton
LOLB: Josh Uche, Hamilcar Rashed
MLB: Ayodele Adeoye, Micah Baskerville, Marvin Moody
ROLB: Ja'Whaun Bentley, Anfernee Jennings
CB: JC Jackson, Byron Murphy Jr., Jonathan Jones, Kenyatta Watson II, Joejuan Williams
FS: Kyle Dugger, Terrence Brooks
SS: Lewis Cine, Adrian Phillips, Reed Blankenship

K: Justin Rohrwasser
P: Jake Bailey

Gonna post updates every quarter of the seasons. nervous

Last edited by Gopher on Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:00 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsmVNcqWmf-E73tdf3cUCVg
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: Madden 20 Franchise - New England Patriots   Madden 20 Franchise - New England Patriots EmptyMon Jun 29, 2020 9:21 pm

After the first quarter of the season, we're 2-2.

We started the season off with a 24-8 win over the Steelers. Cam completed 24 of 30 for 231 yards and a TD. James White had a big game, 34 rushes for 110 yards, 2 touchdowns and he also caught the sole Cam passing TD, while getting 2 receptions for 32 yards. Sanu Sr. had 5 receptions for 50 yards, Antonio Brown had 4 receptions for 45 yards, Asiasi had 6 receptions for 41 yards, Edelman had 3 receptions for 30 yards, Marqise Lee had 2 receptions for 24 yards and Dalton Keene had 2 receptions for 9 yards. On defense, Clowney had 2 sacks, while Copeland got one as well. Stephon Gilmore forced a fumble but they recovered it.

Week 2, we had a super close loss to the Dolphins, 42-39. Cam completed 26 of 33 for 346 yards, 3 TDs and a pick. White ran 19 times for 64 yards, but got 2 rushing TDs again. For receiving, Asiasi got 6 receptions for 88 yards and a touchdown, Edelman caught 6 for 64 yards, White caught 3 for 52, Sanu Sr. caught 4 for 42, Keene caught 2 for 42, Brown caught 3 for 37 yards and a TD, Burkhead got a catch for 11 and Lee got one for 10. Clowney, Phillips and Butler each got a sack, while Hightower caught an interception.

Got put back in the win column week 3, beating the Jets 27-22. Cam completed 21 of 30 for 212 yards and a pick (not a single TD this game #FeelTheBern). However, Cam got a rushing TD off of 8 runs for 30 yards. We had 4 rushing TDs this game and, weirdly, none came from White. White ran 25 times for 118 yards, but never scored. Michel ran twice for 6 yards and both times were TDs. Jakob Johnson also ran once, getting a TD off of it. (Had to trick them near the goal line. YO) Brown had 6 receptions for 68 yards, Asiasi had 4 for 45, Manu Sr. had 3 for 39, Edelman had 5 for 31, Burkhead had 1 for 18 and White had 2 for 11. Copeland had 2 sacks, Clowney had 1 and Butler also had 1. Gilmore had a pick.

Finally, a loss to the Bills, 18-14. I ended up in the redzone at the end of the game, but I had no timeouts and I was just slightly too late to get a play off in time. #FeelTheBern Cam completed 21 of 27 for 291 yards and 2 picks. Two games in a row without a passing TD. #FeelTheBern Cam had a rushing TD again, though, on his sole run for 19 yards. White ran 24 times for 102 yards and a touchdown. Brown got 6 receptions for 106 yards, Sanu Sr. got 9 for 103, Edelman got 3 for 30, Keene had 1 for 23, White had 1 for 21 and Asiasi had 1 for 8. Clowney had 2 sacks (at least 1 sack every game so far; 6 total YO) and Anfernee Jennings had a sack, as well. Hightower forced a fumble but Bills recovered it.

We got the Redskins next, who are 0-4, so hopefully our win one, lose one streak continues for at least one more week.
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: Madden 20 Franchise - New England Patriots   Madden 20 Franchise - New England Patriots EmptyWed Jul 01, 2020 7:03 am

Half way in and we're still .500 at 4-4.

Week 5 was a 20-17 loss to the Redskins. 18 of 25 for 170 yards, 1 TD and 1 pick by Cam. 24 carries for 110 days and a touchdown (also a fumble) by White. Edelman got 6 receptions for 58 yards, Asiasi got 4 for 46, Sanu Sr. got 2 for 20. Clowney tacked on another 2 sacks, while Bentley got one and Copeland got 1 + half of one, with Chung.

Beat the Giants 31-10 in a nice rebound win. Surprisingly, despite the 31 points, Cam only completed 11 of 17 for 177 yards and a TD. James White was the dude in this game. 34 carries for 190 yards and 3 TDs. He also had the most receiving yards (though it was just 31 yards off a single reception). Asiasi caught 2 for 24, Sanu Sr. caught 1 for 21 and Edelman caught 2 for 17 ... Who caught the TD? It says Cam had a passing TD but it shows zero receiving TDs. Funny On defense, another 2 sacks for Clowney, as well as a pick for Phillips.

I ended up trading Brown to the Packers for round 2, 6 and 7 2021 picks. Came time to negotiate him and Clowney's contracts and I can't afford to keep both. #FeelTheBern I decided to trade Brown instead of Clowney because I'm going very run heavy on the plays I get in, as you can see by White's performances. And, I mean, look at all those sacks Clowney is racking up. Up next was our first game without Brown.

Our first back-to-back wins happened here, with us getting a second win over the Jets, 27-21. Cam completed 20 of 25 for 222 yards, 1 TD and 1 pick. White carried 32 times for 157 yards and 2 TDs, though he fumbled once. He had a nice receiving game, tho. 6 receptions for 83 yards. Edelman had 4 for 62 and a TD. Asiasi had 3 for 28 and Sanu Sr. had 2 for 22. Clowney had 2 sacks for the 4th week in a row, while Copeland also had one. Chung and Jason McCourty got a pick each on Darnold.

Finally, a big loss to the Browns. 41-24 #FeelTheBern Cam completed 23 of 30 for 288 yards, zero TDs and 2 picks. #FeelTheBern Though he did carry twice for 12 yards and a rushing TD. White carried 22 times for 97 yards and 2 TDs. It was Asiasi's time to lead in receiving yards this week, with 10 receptions for 103 yards. Edelman had 6 for 87, Sanu Sr. had 2 for 39, White had 2 for 38 and Lee had 3 for 21. Clowney, Phillips and Copeland each had a sack. Clowney continues to prove he was the right choice to keep over Brown, tbh. He's leading the league in sacks, with 13. YO Second place is Khalil Mack, who has 10.5 and third is Von Miller with just 8.5.

Up next we got the Ravens, who I'm not feeling confident about beating. They're 7-0 currently. nervous
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: Madden 20 Franchise - New England Patriots   Madden 20 Franchise - New England Patriots EmptyWed Jul 01, 2020 9:16 am

5-7 #FeelTheBern

Lost to the Ravens 17-10. 22 of 31 for 206 yards and a pick for Cam. 27 rushes for 108 yards and a TD for White. Edelman caught 8 for 66 yards, Sanu Sr. caught 4 for 47, Asiasi caught 5 for 38, White caught 1 for 24. First game with zero sacks (Clowney #FeelTheBern) but Stephon Gilmore got a pick.

After the bye week, we beat the Eagles 23-20. This one actually went to OT. 21 of 29 for 261 yards and a pick from Cam. 32 rushes for 84 yards from White. Newton had a TD off of 3 rushes for 7 yards. Michel and Jakob Johnson ran the ball once each and got TDs on those for 4 and 1 yards, respectively. Asiasi had 7 receptions for 98 yards. Lee had 5 for 51. Edelman had 2 for 30. Sanu Sr. had 2 for 21. Guy and Wise Jr. had one sack each, while Clowney got back to making sacks, albeit only a co-sack, with Jonathan Jones. Josh Uche got a pick.

Lost to the Cowboys 30-24 in what was, interestingly enough, another overtime game. Cam completed 21 of 25 for 264 yards. No TDs, yet again, but no picks this time, at least. White put the team on his back again by running 33 times for 132 yards and 3 TDs, as well as getting 4 receptions for 75 yards. Sanu Sr. caught 5 for 59, Asiasi caught 4 for 40 and Edelman caught 5 for 37. Butler got a sack (where'd you go, Clowney? clown Uche and Gilmore got a pick each.

And then a 27-21 loss to the Texans. Cam completed 28 of 34 for 309 yards and finally got another TD, but also threw another pick. White rushed 20 times for just 47 yards, though he did manage two TDs. Sanu Sr. got 7 receptions for 81 yards, Lee got 7 for 73, Asiasi got 4 for 49 and a pick, White got 5 for 39 and Edelman got 2 for 37. Clowney and Phillips had 1 sack each. My team's quickly getting out of reach for the playoffs. #FeelTheBern

I apparently forgot to post this as I did the last 4 games. Just had the post reply thing open with this written in it but forgot to post. Stoner We ended up going 7-9 and missing the playoffs. #FeelTheBern We were second in the division, though we had a tied record with first (Bills). Jets were third and Dolphins were 4th, while they both went 6-10. Last four games went as follows:

Lost to the Chiefs 28-25. 28 of 38 for 292 yards and 1 TD for Cam. Cam also got the only rushing TD off of 4 carries for 16 yards, while White had 21 carries for 85 yards and tacked on 5 receptions for 53 yards. Edelman caught 8 for 95 yards and a TD, Asiasi caught 6 for 51, Sanu Sr. caught 4 for 43, Lee caught 3 for 25. Butler with the only sack of the week.

Beat the Bengals 38-24. Nice little morale boost there. Cam had his most TDs of the year, completing 23 of 34 for 310 yards, 4 TDs and a pick. Apparently we got Stidham in for the first time of the year. He made one completion (out of one attempt) for 12 yards and got sacked on another play. White ran 18 times for 66 yards. Michel got a little more involved, finally. 8 runs for 28 yards. Sanu Sr. managed to get a rushing TD for 3 yards, for some reason. He also caught 6 for 68 yards and a TD. White led in receiving yards, catching 4 for 80 yards and a TD. Edelman caught 6 for 65 yards. Asiasi caught 4 for 37. Michel caught 1 for 29 and Matt LeCrosse caught a 13 yard TD, while Lee caught a 6 yard TD. No sacks in this game, but three players got a pick each (Hightower, JC Jackson and Jason McCourty.

Then we had an even bigger morale boost by beating the Bills 38-10. (happy) Cam had another great game with 23 of 30 for 309 yards and 3 TDs. Stidham came in again, but only for one pass and it was incomplete. White ran 17 times for 96 yards and a TD. Michel had 7 carries for 31 yards. Burkhead got involved for the first time and had a TD off of 3 carries for 6 yards. Edelman caught 7 for 111 yards and 2 TDs. Asiasi caught 6 for 69 (nice). Sanu Sr. caught 3 for 40. Lee caught 2 for 27 and a TD. White caught 2 for 27. Clowney got back to his ways with 2 sacks, while Hightower, Phillips and Wise Jr. got one each (sorry CB, poor Josh Allen got pounded #FeelTheBern)

After our best game of the season, we had a disappointing finish in a 24-17 loss to the Dolphins. Cam completed 24 of 33 for 289 yards and 2 TDs, but threw 3 picks Bruh...... White carried 16 times for only 53 yards. Edelman caught 7 for 107 yards. Asiasi caught 8 for 88 and a TD. Dalton Keene caught 3 for 44. Sanu caught 2 for 20. Lee caught 2 for 19. White caught 2 for 11 and a TD. Clowney had a sack while Bentley had one solo sack and shared another sack with Hightower.

In the draft, we've got these picks:

Round 1, pick 13
Round 2, pick 45
Round 3, pick 77
Round 4, pick 109
Round 4, pick 114
Round 6, pick 173
Round 7, pick 205
Round 7, pick 222

I'll post an update after free agency and the draft.
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: Madden 20 Franchise - New England Patriots   Madden 20 Franchise - New England Patriots EmptyWed Jul 01, 2020 10:18 am

James White was the AFC RB1 for the Probowl. Johnson was also the FB1. Clowney was, naturally, the LE1.

Ravens beat the Saints in the Superbowl.

Updated the original post with the roster heading into the new season. The draftees are Brevin Jordan, Jaylen Waddle, Hamilcar Rashed, Tedarrell Slaton, Devonta Smith, Reed Blankeship and Marvin Moody. Forgot the other one I got, but he was cut in the pre-season.
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Madden 20 Franchise - New England Patriots   Madden 20 Franchise - New England Patriots EmptyThu Jul 02, 2020 6:23 pm

You coulda snuck in the playoffs at 8-8 and you got fucked over by the Miami curse #FeelTheBern
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: Madden 20 Franchise - New England Patriots   Madden 20 Franchise - New England Patriots EmptyThu Jul 02, 2020 7:01 pm

Damn those Dolphins. #FeelTheBern Also Edelman seriously regressed heading into the next year. He was at, like, 87 OVR and dropped to 80, which still makes him our top receiver. #FeelTheBern But we got two rookie receivers in the draft, one at 77 OVR and the other at ... 75? 74? Somewhere around there. We need to start building the future. (happy) Cam also regressed a little, but only one or two points. I think he's back at 80, which is where he started the previous season, but he had jumped up two points throughout that season.
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: Madden 20 Franchise - New England Patriots   Madden 20 Franchise - New England Patriots EmptyFri Jul 03, 2020 12:01 am

I started off the year with 4 losses in a row and decided to tank. #FeelTheBern I got 4 wins cause that's what I set my goal as and I didn't wanna get fired as coach. Ended up with the fourth pick in the draft (Titans went 3-13 while Redskins and Raiders had my record but were behind me). The Dolphins ended up winning the Superbowl. Funny I signed Sheldon Rankins in free agency. Had several round 2 picks and few extra later round picks in the draft this year, due to trades from season 1. I dropped some of the older players who were declining stat-wise but still expensive as fuck (including Edelman, who dropped down to 73 OVR). I traded away Stephon Gilmore, despite his age not slowing him down yet, because he was easily the most expensive person on the roster and I have good CBs outside of him. Gave him to the Cardinals, along with Cam (who had dropped down to, like, 77 OVR by now) and got Kyler Murray and a 1st round pick in exchange. nervous Kyler's at 85 OVR now, which is better than Cam's been since I started. Funny

Despite losing Edelman, we now have two WRs over 80 OVR. Jaylen Waddle is 83 (and unlocked a Superstar development trait) and N'Keal Harry is 81, while unlocking a Star development trait. Brevin Jordan has also become our top TE, at 82 OVR, and unlocked either Star or Superstar development, forgot which.

My biggest pick-ups in the draft were DeMarvin Leal, Ayodele Adeoye, Lewis Cine, Kenyatta Watson II, Quinn Carroll and Micah Baskerville. Original post has been updated with the updated roster.

James White got injured during the pre-season and he'll be out for the first 5 weeks of the season. #FeelTheBern I wasn't even starting him during the pre-season.

Our team OVR is bigger than it was the first two seasons, so that's good. I think we were 84 OVR, with 83 on offense and 86 on defense in season 1? Something like that. Maybe 85 on defense. Then we were 83 OVR in season 2, with 82 for offense and 84 for defense. Now we're 85. Defense is still only 84, but offense got a nice bump to 87. Not bad. (happy) This is gonna be the season when the Pats get back on top, tbh.
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Madden 20 Franchise - New England Patriots   Madden 20 Franchise - New England Patriots EmptyFri Jul 03, 2020 12:36 am

You should put the OVR of all your players in the roster post

and I don't like that you're editing the first post, in case someone reads through after the fact and sees your ending roster first #FeelTheBern
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: Madden 20 Franchise - New England Patriots   Madden 20 Franchise - New England Patriots EmptyFri Jul 03, 2020 12:48 am

The OVR of the players fluctuate during the seasons, but I can add them in and update them at the beginning of each season. nervous

Also, yeah, I didn't think of that. #FeelTheBern I should've been keeping notes in the first post of who was dropped/picked up each season
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Madden 20 Franchise - New England Patriots   Madden 20 Franchise - New England Patriots EmptyTue Jul 07, 2020 3:19 am

I havent played the Madden games in forever, those were always fun.

ALSO BOOO PATRIOTS
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Madden 20 Franchise - New England Patriots   Madden 20 Franchise - New England Patriots Empty

Back to top Go down

Madden 20 Franchise - New England Patriots

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1