HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

When is the Bray Wyatt thing gonna end?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

When is the Bray Wyatt thing gonna end? Empty
PostSubject: When is the Bray Wyatt thing gonna end?   When is the Bray Wyatt thing gonna end? EmptySat Feb 10, 2018 1:17 pm

He feuded with Randy Orton and he's less over.

He feuded with Finn Balor and now he's nobody.

Matt Hardy lost his steam after feuding with him.

When is WWE going to see the light and see that this dude's shelf life is done?
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: When is the Bray Wyatt thing gonna end?   When is the Bray Wyatt thing gonna end? EmptySat Feb 10, 2018 1:25 pm

His shelf life wouldn't be done if they ever actually used him properly. It's hard to give a fuck about someone who loses every single feud he's in, even if they have as much charisma and talent as Bray. People were hype as fuck when he won the title at Elimination Chamber last year and then he held it for a month and lost it to Randy at Mania. Promos meant to make someone seem intimidating don't work very well if half the roster has beaten that person on PPV.

I just wish they'd finally use him properly. He should've been a multi time World Champ by now with decent length reigns and, instead, he's trying his best to mold crap into something good.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsmVNcqWmf-E73tdf3cUCVg
Go ills go
Icon
Go ills go

PostSubject: Re: When is the Bray Wyatt thing gonna end?   When is the Bray Wyatt thing gonna end? EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 1:57 am

I think they're getting exactly what they want out of Bray tbh. Someone for superstars to feud with (in between their main event storylines; or for up-and-coming guys) that still has some name value and a unique aspect to his character and feuds. It's really not just "another feud" when you're feuding with Bray Wyatt even if it's sort of rinse and repeat on Wyatt's end. Maybe they won't get much more credibility feuding with Wyatt than the average feud / heel opponent but they do get more recognition and focus than the average midcard feud.

Idk if that makes any sense but also not everyone's going to be a star. Thirsty Mofos He's a guy they can easily build back up for a more legitimate feud whenever they want to. Maybe even another title reign.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wrestling-united.com
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: When is the Bray Wyatt thing gonna end?   When is the Bray Wyatt thing gonna end? EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 5:01 am

How is he not being used properly in the Matt Hardy feud? He beat the dude clean.

The fact is he was cool when he first started but once you really pay attention to what he says he's just rambling nonsense. That doesn't draw people.

Someone with a character like that can't just stick around. He's being exposed. He shouldn't be seen as just another guy.
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: When is the Bray Wyatt thing gonna end?   When is the Bray Wyatt thing gonna end? EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 8:01 am

Beating Matt Hardy clean in 2018 isn't being used properly. Hardly anyone cares about this feud because of a mixture of WWE already ruining Bray with so many lost feuds and the Matt Hardy hype fading away because they barely did anything decent with him since he returned. People haven't cooled down on Bray because of his character or what he says in his promos. They've cooled down on him because WWE is giving us no reason to care about him. That's what happens when you never win a high profile feud. They've done this with a lot of wrestlers. Look at Ziggler. So many people don't give a fuck about him anymore when he used to be so over, because every time it looked like they were gonna finally give him a legit run, he just ended up being put in some garbage feud that nobody would care about or lose. They had fucking Rusev vs. Ziggler. That should've been a great feud, but they ruined the fuck out of it.

Bray Wyatt is the kind of character who needs to be seen as a legitimate threat for the character to work. It's not a matter of the character not being good or him not playing it well, it's a matter of the WWE not making him look like a threat because he just keeps losing to anyone who's relevant. Again, you can't seem intimidating when you barely ever win feuds.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When is the Bray Wyatt thing gonna end?   When is the Bray Wyatt thing gonna end? EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 10:40 am

It's not the character itself or Windham Rotunda's fault why Bray Wyatt isn't in the spot he should be in. It is Vince and the writing staff. The tale as old as time now, but facts are facts. People haven't given up on Bray because the character is bad or they gotten tired, it is because WWE has given the fans zero reasons to give a fuck anymore. Bray isn't the eater of worlds, he is the eater of pins, because most of the fucking time thats what happens. The Character is great, specially from the beginning. if Given the chance The Wyatt character could have been what many people wanted it to be, the replacement of the Undertaker. Yeah no one can truly replace Taker, but he could have filled in that role and Mark Calaway could have retired along time ago.
And if the character started to go stale, Rotunda is talented enough to evolve the character. But WWE just shit on this guy time after time after time, and when they finally threw the guy a bone they took it away within what 4 to 6 weeks later? Bray has treated to make shit in to gold, but after awhile people stop caring.

I was hyped for his feud with feud with Matt months ago, because I was hoping for wild crazy shit. Would it have been goofy, your goddamn right it would be, but Allowing Windham and Matt to have to the freedom to create what they wanted out of the feud would have been amazing. Matt giving us something funny, Bray giving us something disturbing . But now that it has happen, its not the feud it should be. All it is is Matt and Bray making faces and laughing at each other. The goofiest thing that has happen is Matt talking to a fish.

but like Snoopz said, it happen with Ziggler, It happen to Ryder, it happening to Bray, and it will probably happen to Rusev. Where the fans try to stay behind the guy but when they realize they will never be put past a certain point, no matter how over, they lose interest and move on.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: When is the Bray Wyatt thing gonna end?   When is the Bray Wyatt thing gonna end? EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 12:59 pm

I don't care how good something is. Things get stale over time. The one good thing about WWE Studios is it gives people like John Cena and The Miz a break. Because how can I miss you if you don't go away?

Why is Brock Lesner one of the most over people on the roster? Because he's not on TV week to week to week to week. That's a fact.

Yeah Wyatt could be pushed better. But at the end of the day a babyface should beat him at the end of some kind of feud.

I think it's better for someone to become a star, get beaten, go away for awhile and come back fresh.

Look at Cody. He was becoming something of a big deal but by the end of his WWE run he became a joke. Thankfully after he left he became a big deal. Sure that doesn't happen to everyone. But I think it's better for both The WWE and the talent for some kind of regular roster turnover.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When is the Bray Wyatt thing gonna end?   When is the Bray Wyatt thing gonna end? EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 3:04 pm

Baby faces shouldn't always go over, some baby faces are there in place to be be fed to the heel. Frankenstein had to pick a few villagers asses to get over. Bray can lose feuds yes, but he still needs to be made to look like a threat. Again back to the undertaker. He didn't win every feud but they made sure he looked strong and threatening. They should have done the same for Bray

I actually agree, Bray is a guy who shouldn't be on tv every week. But that can be said about everyone. Everyone has been over exposed to the point where everything they do is nothing special.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: When is the Bray Wyatt thing gonna end?   When is the Bray Wyatt thing gonna end? EmptyMon Feb 12, 2018 4:15 am

I'm not saying every heel needs to lose a feud. But some day they have to get theirs. That's why I really dislike Stephanie McMahon. She's a heel who never gets what's coming to her. She's the complete opposite of her dad when it comes over to putting over babyfaces.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When is the Bray Wyatt thing gonna end?   When is the Bray Wyatt thing gonna end? EmptyMon Feb 12, 2018 9:04 am

How did this turn into about Steph? Well anyways I agree with you, Steph is the worst thing in WWE simply because of that. She cuts the balls off not only the face men and women, but the heels as well. She is trying to become the biggest star in the company. That's another reason why they brought in Rousey, to make Steph a star outside of Wrestling. She's nothing like her dad, who say what you will about Vince, but at least he allowed himself to get made into a fool time after time. Steph rarely does.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: When is the Bray Wyatt thing gonna end?   When is the Bray Wyatt thing gonna end? EmptyMon Feb 12, 2018 1:07 pm

I was giving a good example of a heel who never get hers. Yeah heels should win but all the time? I was just giving a extreme example.
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: When is the Bray Wyatt thing gonna end?   When is the Bray Wyatt thing gonna end? EmptyMon Feb 12, 2018 1:19 pm

I'm not saying Bray should never get his. But when was the last time he ever won a big feud? There's a difference between losing some feuds and losing all. You can't be an intimidating force if you lose all of your big feuds, which is what Bray does. Who's gonna be intimidated by someone who never comes out on top against other top wrestlers?

That's an example of why I didn't mind Jericho going over AJ at WM 32 too much. I didn't like it and thought it should've been someone not as new to WWE as AJ for Jericho to beat, but by that point, Jericho hadn't been winning any feuds in a while. Beating him wasn't important because everyone did it. That helped to establish that he's actually still capable of winning feuds and, as such, beating him was a more important thing. I think very few wrestlers should be "unstoppable". And by that, I mean very few should be like Lesnar or Asuka, where they're almost guaranteed to win and, as such, the person who finally beats them gets a huge rub from it. But if you're gonna be built as a legitimate character, you need to have a big enough level of credibility, otherwise who cares? When was the last time Bray was in a feud against a main eventer, or even upper mid-carder, where people weren't expecting him to lose in the end? And that makes it hard for people to care about watching him.

Let him win some feuds. Give him a reason to actually be intimidating. Bray could still be very over if he was actually booked like someone who's not just there to put other people over, as evidence by his title win at Elimination Chamber last year. A lot of people were excited over that and then he just lost the title to Orton at Mania and it made them realize, again, that WWE won't pull the trigger on a legit push for him.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: When is the Bray Wyatt thing gonna end?   When is the Bray Wyatt thing gonna end? EmptyMon Feb 12, 2018 1:23 pm

I think he should win win win then lose the big one and go away. It happened all the time back before the '80s. Then contracts came into play and WWF had guys lose to Hogan and then made them mid-card jokes.

But back to his character
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: When is the Bray Wyatt thing gonna end?   When is the Bray Wyatt thing gonna end? EmptyMon Feb 12, 2018 1:26 pm

Pressed enter on accident but was moving to a different point anyway.

His character isn't one that should just stick around. Having him be around for years and years isn't a good idea. It's like watching a Texas Chainsaw Massacre marathon. Sooner or later you're going to get sick of seeing the crazy family.

When he first came in I thought he was awesome too. But once to start listening to what he's actually saying it's a load of shit. He says nothing. Promos like that don't draw people.
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: When is the Bray Wyatt thing gonna end?   When is the Bray Wyatt thing gonna end? EmptyMon Feb 12, 2018 1:58 pm

I agree to a certain extent. I don't think the character needs to be completely changed, but I think it needs to evolve. Along with him actually fucking winning some big feuds and not just losing everything vaguely important, he needs to change things up, sometimes in small ways, sometimes in bigger. I, honestly, think a face turn could work very well for him at this point. It could steer him away from some of the more nonsensical things he says and focus less on his whole "I am a God" thing (which definitely doesn't work when you lose almost all of your feuds).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When is the Bray Wyatt thing gonna end?   When is the Bray Wyatt thing gonna end? EmptyMon Feb 12, 2018 3:14 pm

When a character grows stale it is time to evolve. Again like Taker who would change every couple of years but mostly stay kinda the same. Apart from the American badass undertaker
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: When is the Bray Wyatt thing gonna end?   When is the Bray Wyatt thing gonna end? EmptyMon Feb 26, 2018 5:26 pm

Last year this dude The World Title. Now he just lost to Matt Hardy. How long before WWE just lets him go be Bray Wyatt somewhere else then bring him back so he can be hot again?
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: When is the Bray Wyatt thing gonna end?   When is the Bray Wyatt thing gonna end? EmptyWed Jan 29, 2020 4:54 pm

Well on Discord we argued about Wyatt again and I said the guys were overrating him. And I never said he was a bad wrestler. Like I said in this topic he doesn't excite me as a character. I don't want to say he's bad at promos because he's given a script. Well what's on that script doesn't make me want to see him wrestle anyone. Like I said two years ago you can be crazy and exciting but you can't keep that going forever.

And as a wrestle I think he's good but not great. And sure he probably got better but it says a lot that one of the best wrestlers ever could only get a good match out of him. The guys on Discord were bringing up that he has great matches with the same three people. You know just like Mr. Kennedy was able to. And of course I'm not saying Wyatt is bad like Mr. Kennedy because I already said he's good. But people are capable of being carried to being in a better match than they're capable of by themselves.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
TeamSmurf
TeamSmurf
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: When is the Bray Wyatt thing gonna end?   When is the Bray Wyatt thing gonna end? EmptyThu Jan 30, 2020 7:44 pm

The Fiend thing will probably run it's course after the inevitable face turn.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When is the Bray Wyatt thing gonna end?   When is the Bray Wyatt thing gonna end? Empty

Back to top Go down

When is the Bray Wyatt thing gonna end?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1