HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Indergender Matches

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

Indergender Matches Empty
PostSubject: Indergender Matches   Indergender Matches EmptyFri Sep 29, 2017 12:36 pm

I think sometimes pushing a woman wrestler who can beat men can work. Chyna is a good example. I thought they were going to do the same with Awesome Kong in TNA.

But someone like Sexy Star winning The LU Title? That was dumb ad.

I gave it a chance and I just don't like indergender matches.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com
Rellim
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Rellim

PostSubject: Re: Indergender Matches   Indergender Matches EmptyFri Sep 29, 2017 3:03 pm

I hate inter-gender matches, and I always have. I don't know, I just don't find them entertaining.
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: Indergender Matches   Indergender Matches EmptyFri Sep 29, 2017 3:08 pm

Seen Cornette arguing on Twitter about this yesterday. Oh man

But I can see why some people don't like it and doesn't have to be because sexism either. Some people just don't like the representation of violence against women by men. Wrestling is supposed to be presented as being real in many ways.
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Indergender Matches   Indergender Matches EmptySat Sep 30, 2017 1:20 am

If it's a girl who's kayfabe skilled enough to outsmart the guy and has enough of a speed/technique advantage for the story of the match to make sense, then I don't see the problem in it at all. Of course, if they get put over the whole roster a la what LU did it might stretch realism a little bit, but Sexy Star's booking at the beginning of LU (namely the feud she had with Chavo) made complete sense and I had no problems with it. However I have not seen her winning the title and don't know how it was handled, so I can't speak on that.

Man on woman violence shouldn't be censored and swept under the rug. It's a real thing that happens and people should be able to experience it, react to it, and learn from it.

So what I'm trying to say is, if it's booked correctly, and you're telling the right story going into it, they can be really solid matches, but it seems they're not often booked very well.
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: Indergender Matches   Indergender Matches EmptySat Sep 30, 2017 1:25 am

TJ Ω wrote:
Man on woman violence shouldn't be censored and swept under the rug. It's a real thing that happens and people should be able to experience it, react to it, and learn from it.
Wat? Bruh......
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Indergender Matches   Indergender Matches EmptySat Sep 30, 2017 1:51 am

Yeah I figured I worded that wrong.

I don't like how networks get all pissy about not showing it. Just cause it doesn't happen on your network doesn't mean it doesn't happen. It's the equivalent to plugging your ears and yelling. It's a sensitive social subject, so people need exposure to it. If a girl from a loving family ends up in an abusive relationship, maybe the situations she sees in wrestling can help her get out of it. Maybe she fights back, cause she saw Chyna beat the crap out of Jeff Jarrett. Maybe she gets some help, like how Sexy Star got help from Blue Demon Jr. against Chavo. If stuff like that is just not there, there's some people who might not have the exposure to it to know how to react. If female wrestlers just cower and run away whenever even the thought of being attacked by a male wrestler comes up, female fans might be conditioned by that to just cover up and take beatings. Of course, they can learn that in other ways as well, but we know how impressionable wrestling fans are; if there's any form of entertainment that makes fans want to do what they see on TV, it's wrestling.

And like, yeah I get sponsors and people getting offended, but crime shows show male murderers shooting female victims all the time and those same people don't complain. I don\'t know
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Indergender Matches   Indergender Matches EmptySat Sep 30, 2017 9:34 pm

The idea a woman can beat a man in a comparative match has shown to be wrong when transgender people were allowed to compete against women. The trans started setting records everywhere in woman's sports.

I wouldn't be able to beat Rounda Rousey but she wasn't going to beat top guys the same weight as her.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Indergender Matches   Indergender Matches EmptySat Sep 30, 2017 11:24 pm

Well yeah, you can't be putting Sasha Banks in there against AJ Styles or John Cena, she'd get massacred. I'm not talking about the best women against the best men.

I'm talking about something like Becky Lynch vs James Ellsworth, or even like somebody against a chickenshit heel like Miz, who doesn't win many matches clean and is not considered a very skilled wrestler in kayfabe, like Jeff Jarrett was in his feud with Chyna.

The strongest man will beat the strongest woman pretty much all the time, but the strongest woman will still be able to beat the average man.

(Edit: I felt very sexist typing this out Bruh......)
Back to top Go down
Saint Samuel
Jobber

PostSubject: Re: Indergender Matches   Indergender Matches EmptySun Oct 01, 2017 4:29 pm

With all the weird fantasy elements of LU, I think a woman being a legit competitor against male opponents might as well be believable. However, I don't think that mainstream wrestling should ever try to sell the idea, unless they are an oddity like Chyna or Awesome Kong - even then I don't want to see them be a permanent fixture in male competition.

Even in MMA, females can't exactly stand toe to toe with any PROFESSIONAL male fighters simply because of the fact that they can't over-power them into submission and they certainly can't knock them out. The only way a female fighter could ever beat a male realistically, it would be due to a decision. However, it would be an amazing feat for a female to be able to last that long against a male
competitor.

Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Indergender Matches   Indergender Matches EmptyTue Oct 03, 2017 12:23 am

I dont think they should be censored and blacklisted, but I prefer they don't happen. I wish I could see something like heel Sasha Banks having two big security guards kicking everyone's ass for her or some shit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Indergender Matches   Indergender Matches EmptyTue Oct 03, 2017 12:53 am

with LU tho the women are always seen as underdogs, they aren't going in there having back and forward matches. They are normally getting tossed around. It's not like we are seeing Sexy beating the hell out of Jeff Cobbs or anything. The only reason she beat Mil was because she was able to push him off the top rope and he landed threw a table. So that is believable when the much smaller woman is able to out smart or win by dumb luck. I honestly have no problem with indergender matches as long as they are done right. Those types of matches made ivelisse such a badass. She get her ass kicked but she wouldn't back down and would go down swinging.

Now there are some people who will take advantage of that, like that asshole who powerbombed the shit out of some gal into the corner because he could. But if you put the right man and right woman together they can create something nice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Indergender Matches   Indergender Matches Empty

Back to top Go down

Indergender Matches

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1