HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Steals & busts of the draft

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
Go ills go
Icon
Go ills go

Steals & busts of the draft Empty
PostSubject: Steals & busts of the draft   Steals & busts of the draft EmptyTue Aug 30, 2016 2:54 pm

Well now that the draft is over and the dust has settled... Who does everyone think will be the biggest bust picks (either the player was taken too early or you think they'll be really bad compared to their expectations) and the biggest steals taken late in the draft?
Back to top Go down
http://www.wrestling-united.com
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: Steals & busts of the draft   Steals & busts of the draft EmptyTue Aug 30, 2016 2:56 pm

This thread is pointless because everyone is just going to pick players from their team. I aint bothered

Especially Mexi Mexi...
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: Steals & busts of the draft   Steals & busts of the draft EmptyTue Aug 30, 2016 3:42 pm

But, tbh, I think some cost themselves talent & depth when they take a QB in the 1st 3 rounds, especially in a league w/ as many teams as this one. It's better to stock up with WR's, RB's, & a really good TE in rounds 1-5 because they are in short supply in a deep league imo. We still had good like QB's like Carson Palmer, Eli Manning, Matt Stafford, Phillip Rivers, Derek Carr, Tom Brady, etc. floating around in rounds 5-8.
Back to top Go down
Go ills go
Icon
Go ills go

PostSubject: Re: Steals & busts of the draft   Steals & busts of the draft EmptyTue Aug 30, 2016 3:52 pm

I almost waited on QB... I meant to... but Russell Wilson is a sure thing, gives you extra points with his legs, and has been very durable in his career so far. Someone like Derek Carr was there waaay too long so I do kinda regret it but not when Russ is gonna give me an MVP caliber season. Oh the DRAMA

On Mexi's team:

Busts: Hyde, Cousins, Coates (unless someone goes down with an injury, and not Big Ben), maybe Rawls... I wouldn't trust Michael Thomas as a starter right away either despite liking him.

Steals: Tyler Boyd (idk if he'll be great but for that late it's a very quality pick) & C-Mike (I don't blame the Rawls draft pick as much after taking C-Mike for security)
Back to top Go down
Go ills go
Icon
Go ills go

PostSubject: Re: Steals & busts of the draft   Steals & busts of the draft EmptyTue Aug 30, 2016 3:54 pm

Hyde is literally the next Zac Stacy & CJ Anderson for Mexi. #FeelTheBern
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: Steals & busts of the draft   Steals & busts of the draft EmptyTue Aug 30, 2016 3:56 pm

Fitzmagical Smurf wrote:
I almost waited on QB... I meant to... but Russell Wilson is a sure thing, gives you extra points with his legs, and has been very durable in his career so far. Someone like Derek Carr was there waaay too long so I do kinda regret it but not when Russ is gonna give me an MVP caliber season. Oh the DRAMA
Your team kinda proves that point. You took the league MVP last season and your team still stunk even tho you took him in the 4th. But your team stunk mostly because of bad logic and terrible decision making.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Steals & busts of the draft   Steals & busts of the draft EmptyTue Aug 30, 2016 3:59 pm

Burdur Smurf clown
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com
Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

PostSubject: Re: Steals & busts of the draft   Steals & busts of the draft EmptyTue Aug 30, 2016 4:07 pm

Boyd is a steal? clown

The only way Hyde is a bust is if he can't stay healthy. The guy is a talented guy and is running a scheme that fits him really well.

I doubt Rawls will be a bust, that type of injury doesn't really hinder anyone's ability after the fact. Jimmy Graham's injury is absolutely one to be worried about.
Back to top Go down
Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

PostSubject: Re: Steals & busts of the draft   Steals & busts of the draft EmptyTue Aug 30, 2016 4:11 pm

Bruh your whole starting squad besides Russ and ODB reeks bust. Really
Back to top Go down
Go ills go
Icon
Go ills go

PostSubject: Re: Steals & busts of the draft   Steals & busts of the draft EmptyTue Aug 30, 2016 4:13 pm

Tyler Boyd is a similar kind of flier pick as Coates, and you got Boyd MANY rounds later.

And Hyde won't be AS bad as Stacy & CJ were but he's not living up to that high of a pick even if he does stay healthy. Not to mention the 49ers are gonna be down a lot.
Back to top Go down
Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

PostSubject: Re: Steals & busts of the draft   Steals & busts of the draft EmptyTue Aug 30, 2016 4:19 pm

I got Sammie in the 9th and got Boyd in the 11th. Tf do you mean 'MANY'? Bruh......

I actually don't think the Niners are that bad of a team tbh. I heard they were projected to win zero games Errrrrrrrr. That defense is severely underrated. Their offensive line has also been their biggest hype all offseason.
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: Steals & busts of the draft   Steals & busts of the draft EmptyTue Aug 30, 2016 7:26 pm

I wonder if Burdur thinks he got any steals. clown
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Steals & busts of the draft   Steals & busts of the draft EmptyTue Aug 30, 2016 8:53 pm

Burdur's team:

Busts: RB Stewart, TE Witten, RB Abdullah
Steals: WR Fuller, RB Booker

I think WR Matthews will underachieve, stats will be pretty similar to last year.

Drachen's team:

Busts: TE Bennett
Steals: RB Lacy, WR Sharpe

I think WR Cobb will underachieve a good bit, but won't be an out-and-out bust. I think expecting Martellus Bennett to put up stats like Aaron Hernandez did is a mistake. His team is very very good.

Mexi's team:

Busts: RB Hyde, WR Coates
Steals: RB Crowell

Hyde is a walking injury machine. Sammie Coates couldn't beat out Eli Rogers or Markus Wheaton.
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: Steals & busts of the draft   Steals & busts of the draft EmptyTue Aug 30, 2016 9:24 pm

Lemme do Ian's team Thirsty Mofos

Busts: Charles, Green-Beckham
Steals: Benjamin, Spencer Ware, Lamar Miller.

I still consider Jamaal Charles a top 5 running back when healthy, but it's hard to trust his durability  after two knee operations. I expect his carries to deteriorate to Spencer Ware. I also think Lamar Miller will be the leagues leading rusher. Bill O'Briens offense is a great fit for him. It's a solid team tbh.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Steals & busts of the draft   Steals & busts of the draft EmptyTue Aug 30, 2016 9:30 pm

I wanted Eddie Lacy in the second, but I thought if I took Charles and could get a handcuff I'd do alright.
Back to top Go down
Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

PostSubject: Re: Steals & busts of the draft   Steals & busts of the draft EmptyTue Aug 30, 2016 10:48 pm

Hyde is a guy I decided to take a flier on just because his ceiling is high. If he can stay healthy, I feel like he can turn into a very productive player. As to Coates, I'll hold onto him for now, I still believe he gets the talent.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Steals & busts of the draft   Steals & busts of the draft EmptyWed Aug 31, 2016 12:04 am

If he stays healthy he could have a really big year. It's worth the gamble. Similar to my gamble with Jamaal Charles, really.
Back to top Go down
Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

PostSubject: Re: Steals & busts of the draft   Steals & busts of the draft EmptyWed Aug 31, 2016 12:36 am

Best case scenario I got a really good team with top players at WR and RB. So That's what I wanted.
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: Steals & busts of the draft   Steals & busts of the draft EmptyWed Aug 31, 2016 12:46 am

Fitzmagical Smurf wrote:

On Mexi's team:

Busts: Hyde, Cousins, Coates (unless someone goes down with an injury, and not Big Ben), maybe Rawls... I wouldn't trust Michael Thomas as a starter right away either despite liking him.
Have you their schedule? It's a joke. He may even end up leading the NFL in passing yards with that team.
Back to top Go down
Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

PostSubject: Re: Steals & busts of the draft   Steals & busts of the draft EmptyWed Aug 31, 2016 1:12 am

Burdur. clown
Back to top Go down
CB (Go BILLS)
TeamSmurf
TeamSmurf
CB (Go BILLS)

PostSubject: Re: Steals & busts of the draft   Steals & busts of the draft EmptyWed Aug 31, 2016 1:14 am

Rashad Jennings was the steal of the draft.
Back to top Go down
Go ills go
Icon
Go ills go

PostSubject: Re: Steals & busts of the draft   Steals & busts of the draft EmptyWed Aug 31, 2016 1:37 am

Hyde is a bust (not a complete one but just a pretty average RB) even if he stays healthy. Dude's been underachieving his whole career (when not injured). That's a bad pick IMO... a very risky one.

CB clown

Oh and Stewart isn't a bust. At worst he'll be the same as he was last season which ain't bad for where I got him. At best he'll be a little bit better & take some of those rushing TD's Cam stole off him last year. Maybe he misses a few games but he's not really more injury prone than many other RB's either.
Back to top Go down
Go ills go
Icon
Go ills go

PostSubject: Re: Steals & busts of the draft   Steals & busts of the draft EmptyWed Aug 31, 2016 1:38 am

Drächen Fx wrote:
Fitzmagical Smurf wrote:

On Mexi's team:

Have you their schedule? It's a joke. He may even end up leading the NFL in passing yards with that team.
Makes me even smarter when he doesn't live up to expectations this season. Einstein
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: Steals & busts of the draft   Steals & busts of the draft EmptyWed Aug 31, 2016 1:42 am

Fitzmagical Smurf wrote:
Hyde is a bust (not a complete one but just a pretty average RB) even if he stays healthy. Dude's been underachieving his whole career (when not injured). That's a bad pick IMO... a very risky one.
Guy has not even been in the league for three full seasons yet clown
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: Steals & busts of the draft   Steals & busts of the draft EmptyWed Aug 31, 2016 1:47 am

How ironic is it that you are calling Hyde an underachiever and bringing up injuries while hyping up Jonathan Stewart? clown
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steals & busts of the draft   Steals & busts of the draft Empty

Back to top Go down

Steals & busts of the draft

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next