HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So what's the logic behind the brand split?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

So what's the logic behind the brand split? Empty
PostSubject: So what's the logic behind the brand split?   So what's the logic behind the brand split? EmptyFri Jul 22, 2016 12:40 am

As a fan I don't get it. Isn't the idea of combat sports to figure out who's the best? So why would I want a company to have split rosters and two different World champions?

The only way this would make any sense to me is if the different brands had different rules for their wrestling matches. But that doesn't sound like a good idea because it would probably just confuse people.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: So what's the logic behind the brand split?   So what's the logic behind the brand split? EmptyFri Jul 22, 2016 12:48 am

The only thing I don't get is why the cruiserweight division is on RAW when Daniel Bryan is running Smackdown clown
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: So what's the logic behind the brand split?   So what's the logic behind the brand split? EmptyFri Jul 22, 2016 12:54 am

Yeah That clown
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: So what's the logic behind the brand split?   So what's the logic behind the brand split? EmptyFri Jul 22, 2016 1:33 am

Why would Daniel Bryan want a cruiserweight division? I don't get it. Daniel Bryan didn't want to win the Cruiserweight Title, he wanted to win the World Heavyweight Title. Why would he want less for other people in his situation?
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: So what's the logic behind the brand split?   So what's the logic behind the brand split? EmptyFri Jul 22, 2016 1:38 am

Because it doesn’t make sense to have Daniel Bryan, who is involved with the CWC, on the brand opposite of the Cruiserweight Division clown
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: So what's the logic behind the brand split?   So what's the logic behind the brand split? EmptyFri Jul 22, 2016 1:44 am

He held The IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship. I'm sure if he had the option to compete for The Heavyweight Title back in the day I'm sure he would have done so. But not everyone is at that level.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: So what's the logic behind the brand split?   So what's the logic behind the brand split? EmptyFri Jul 22, 2016 1:46 am

Yes it does. Again, what is the logic in why Daniel Bryan would want Cruiserweights segregated and marginalized inherently? Daniel Bryan would want more for them. The CWC is a celebration of cruiserweight wrestling where the whole point is they're the star of the show... and you think he would want them to go to compete for a title that sends the message to the audience that they're the lesser act?

It makes no sense for Daniel Bryan to be associated with the Cruiserweight division. At all. He's participating in a celebration of talent that is traditionally marginalized by WWE. It does not make sense for him to want to marginalize the same talents.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: So what's the logic behind the brand split?   So what's the logic behind the brand split? EmptyFri Jul 22, 2016 1:51 am

I don't see it that way.

Honestly though SmackDown doesn't need 3 singles titles for male wrestlers anyway.
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: So what's the logic behind the brand split?   So what's the logic behind the brand split? EmptyFri Jul 22, 2016 2:01 am

I'm speaking purely on a logic/booking standpoint, why does Daniel Bryan even associate himself with the show at all if he sees it that way? And let's not forget that Mauro Ranallo is on it too. clown

And I agree with you in that WWE has never done well showcasing their cruiserweight talent. It was something that WCW used to do very well.

And Smackdown also has the weaker roster as far as I'm concerned. After Cena(part-time), AJ (old), Orton (injury prone), Bray (constantly fucked over by bad booking), & Dean, there really isn't much there to build on. Smackdown needed it more than RAW. They had a great chance to take it seriously on this show given the lack of midcard depth.

Last edited by Drächen Fx on Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: So what's the logic behind the brand split?   So what's the logic behind the brand split? EmptyFri Jul 22, 2016 2:09 am

Well I hope their plan is to make it The Dean Amborse show. I mean make him the top guy. He's been headlining the b house show cards and they been doing just as well as the a house shows.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: So what's the logic behind the brand split?   So what's the logic behind the brand split? EmptyFri Jul 22, 2016 2:14 am

I think that is the plan. I think they'll put the title on AJ, let AJ go over Randy and Cena, and have Ambrose be the chaser. Have him do feuds with Corbin, Wyatt, and maybe Orton in the mean time. Ambrose has to be the early favorite to win the Royal Rumble.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: So what's the logic behind the brand split?   So what's the logic behind the brand split? EmptyFri Jul 22, 2016 2:19 am

It's too bad there's not many credible challengers for The World Title. I think it would be better to keep it on Amborse.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So what's the logic behind the brand split?   So what's the logic behind the brand split? Empty

Back to top Go down

So what's the logic behind the brand split?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1