HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dave Bautista joins Blade Runner sequel

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Dave Bautista joins Blade Runner sequel Empty
PostSubject: Dave Bautista joins Blade Runner sequel   Dave Bautista joins Blade Runner sequel EmptyTue Apr 05, 2016 1:01 pm

Guardians of the Galaxy star Dave Bautista is jumping ship to join the new Blade Runner sequel.

The former wrestler-turned-actor will star alongside Harrison Ford, who will reprise his role as robot hunter Rick Deckard, and join new castmembers Ryan Gosling and Robin Wright for the long-awaited follow-up to the hit sci-fi thriller.

He teased fans about his involvement in an Instagram.com post on Saturday (02Apr16), but on Monday (04Apr16), he made the news official with a proper video announcement online.

"Hey guys, Dave Bautista here, and as speculated, I am proud and privileged and honoured to announce that I am joining the cast of the new Blade Runner, Blade Runner 2...," the 47-year-old smiled.

"I'm very excited about this project, and very grateful that I was able to bring this news to you myself. Couldn't be more proud. Another dream come true, so you heard it here first, it's official!"

The footage was captioned, "I'm so excited to be able to share this news! Thank you for your support in everything I do. It's humbling."

Sicario filmmaker Denis Villeneuve is on board as director, working with a script penned by the original Blade Runner co-writer, Hampton Fancher, and Michael Green. The screenplay is based on an idea Fancher previously developed with Ridley Scott, who took charge of the 1982 classic and remains involved in the sequel as an executive producer.

The original movie was based on Philip K. Dick's novel, Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep.

Production is due to begin in July (16), with a planned 2018 release.

Bautista's acting career has been going from strength to strength in recent years, portraying Drax the Destroyer in Guardians of the Galaxy and its upcoming sequel, and landing a role as henchman Mr. Hinx in the latest James Bond movie, Spectre.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

Dave Bautista joins Blade Runner sequel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dave Bautista joins Blade Runner sequel   Dave Bautista joins Blade Runner sequel EmptyTue Apr 05, 2016 3:26 pm

Batista in Blade Runner 2?!?! panic
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com

Dave Bautista joins Blade Runner sequel

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1