HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What on earth happened?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

What on earth happened? Empty
PostSubject: What on earth happened?   What on earth happened? EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 8:55 pm

So yesterday I was watching the WWE network, and I sorta went back in time to 2010, and watched the first ever Money In The Bank PPV.

Really enjoyed the MITB matches, however something else on the show really caught my interest. It was a match between Rey Mysterio and Jack Swagger for the World Heavyweight Championship. So before the match they had a quick montage type video to quickly catch you up through the Story.

Now yes Jack Swagger had a really bad lisp back then, however Swagger had an attitude that was brilliant. He was attacking people's ankles and somewhat trying to snap them. This got me thinking, where did that Jack Swagger go?

I want WWE to give him back that attitude so he can be a threat again, none of this jobbing shit, none of this good guy Jack Swagger.

What you guys reckon? Old Swagger needs to be back?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What on earth happened?   What on earth happened? EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 9:02 pm

Swagger is most likely done for in WWE. He'll either be released soon or he won't renew his contract. He might try elsewhere, like Japan or maybe ROH.
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: What on earth happened?   What on earth happened? EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 12:46 am

Swagger's the kind of guy that nobody's gonna really care about, ever. Like, he's pretty good in the ring, but no matter what they stick him with, most people see him as a boring personality. The most over he ever was was when he was with Zeb and teaming with Cesaro and that's because of both of those two. When he first came back with Zeb and everyone started loving it, they didn't really care about Swagger. It basically could've been anyone with Zeb and they would've got a reaction. And then Cesaro was added and that's who everyone cared about.

He's just not charismatic enough. There are other people who aren't great on the mic that are well liked. Brock Lesnar, for example (though he's actually approved greatly on the mic in recent years). But Brock also is a legitimately tough motherfucker who has a natural charisma about him. Paul is his mouthpiece, but people don't just care about Brock because of Paul. Brock gets cheered alongside Paul, not simply Paul getting cheered while Brock's there too.

Even when he was seen as a legitimate threat and was the WHC, not too many people actually cared about Swagger.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsmVNcqWmf-E73tdf3cUCVg

PostSubject: Re: What on earth happened?   What on earth happened? EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 6:31 am

I personally think Swagger needs one more big run, similar to the 2010 run. Because WWE need more good heels, and he was actually good at it.

If people don't care that's fine, if he's playing a bad guy people aren't suppose to like him anyways.

But true points Snoopz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What on earth happened?   What on earth happened? EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 9:42 am

people try too hard to be cool heels and try to get pops instead of actually being heels.
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: What on earth happened?   What on earth happened? EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 10:03 am

Not liking someone and not caring about someone are two different things.

Being a heel that gets booed is good. Being a heel that gets no reaction, not so much.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsmVNcqWmf-E73tdf3cUCVg
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: What on earth happened?   What on earth happened? EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 2:31 pm

Swagger had legitimacy as a armature wrestler but that'll only get you so far in WWE.

He was getting over with Zeb but then he got high Stoner
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com

PostSubject: Re: What on earth happened?   What on earth happened? EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 2:35 pm

When he got busted for DUI and weed his dreams went down the toilet
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: What on earth happened?   What on earth happened? EmptyTue Mar 15, 2016 3:07 am

I agree with Snoopz.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What on earth happened?   What on earth happened? Empty

Back to top Go down

What on earth happened?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1