HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Father Ted star Frank Kelly dies aged 77

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Father Ted star Frank Kelly dies aged 77 Empty
PostSubject: Father Ted star Frank Kelly dies aged 77   Father Ted star Frank Kelly dies aged 77 EmptySun Feb 28, 2016 10:18 am

The star, who was best known for his role in the popular Channel 4 sitcom, in which he played Father Jack Hackett, passed away at the weekend.

The Irish actor had suffered with a number of health problems in recent years, including bowel cancer and skin cancer, while in 2015, he revealed he had also been diagnosed with Parkinson's disease.

Frank, who enjoyed a successful career on stage and screen, previously admitted he suspected he had Parkinson's for more than 20 years before he was diagnosed.

He said: ''I was shaving with my left hand with my right hand down by my side, which my daughter Fiona noticed was shaking.

''That was a very long time ago. No one ever noticed that little shake in my hand, I just got on with it.''

Despite his health woes, Frank still took part in a 'Father Ted' Christmas special in 2014, in which he reunited with his co-star Ardal O'Hanlon.

He leaves behind wife of 51 years Bairbre, as well as seven children and 17 grandchildren.
Back to top Go down

Father Ted star Frank Kelly dies aged 77 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Father Ted star Frank Kelly dies aged 77   Father Ted star Frank Kelly dies aged 77 EmptySun Feb 28, 2016 10:19 am

RIP Frank, you'll always be remembered as Fr Jack. I'm sure there'll be plenty of feck, arse & women up above Smile
Back to top Go down

Father Ted star Frank Kelly dies aged 77

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1