HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Former California Senator Leland Yee Sentenced To Five Years In Prison

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Former California Senator Leland Yee Sentenced To Five Years In Prison Empty
PostSubject: Former California Senator Leland Yee Sentenced To Five Years In Prison   Former California Senator Leland Yee Sentenced To Five Years In Prison EmptyThu Feb 25, 2016 2:54 pm

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2016/02/24/former-california-senator-leland-yee-sentenced-to-five-years-in-prison.aspx

Leland Yee, a former California state Senator and crusader against the video game industry, has been sentenced to five years in prison. Yee pleaded guilty to racketeering charges in July.

Yee was brought up on corruption charges in a sweep that brought indictments against 29 individuals. He admitted to seven counts of racketeering, for which he received nearly $35,000 in payments.

The prosecution asked for eight years in prison. The defense requested five years on account of Yee’s ailing wife. The former senator will be required to serve a minimum of 80 percent of that time in jail.

During his time in the state Senate, Yee authored legislation that was signed into law preventing the sale or rental of violent video games to minors. That statute was later overturned by the United States Supreme Court for being in conflict with the first amendment.
Back to top Go down
AKBOB
TeamSmurf
TeamSmurf
AKBOB

PostSubject: Re: Former California Senator Leland Yee Sentenced To Five Years In Prison   Former California Senator Leland Yee Sentenced To Five Years In Prison EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 9:11 pm

good job
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Former California Senator Leland Yee Sentenced To Five Years In Prison   Former California Senator Leland Yee Sentenced To Five Years In Prison EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 9:35 pm

Cool I aint bothered
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Former California Senator Leland Yee Sentenced To Five Years In Prison   Former California Senator Leland Yee Sentenced To Five Years In Prison EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 9:57 pm

Such a sad sad story Fail!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Former California Senator Leland Yee Sentenced To Five Years In Prison   Former California Senator Leland Yee Sentenced To Five Years In Prison EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 11:51 pm

No it isnt Mad as hell
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Former California Senator Leland Yee Sentenced To Five Years In Prison   Former California Senator Leland Yee Sentenced To Five Years In Prison EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 12:17 am

Razor TJ on Sundays
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Former California Senator Leland Yee Sentenced To Five Years In Prison   Former California Senator Leland Yee Sentenced To Five Years In Prison EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 6:29 pm

IT'S A HAPPY STORY Mad as hell
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Former California Senator Leland Yee Sentenced To Five Years In Prison   Former California Senator Leland Yee Sentenced To Five Years In Prison Empty

Back to top Go down

Former California Senator Leland Yee Sentenced To Five Years In Prison

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1