HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Carrie Fisher Thinks Slave Leia Merch Controversy Is 'Stupid'

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

Carrie Fisher Thinks Slave Leia Merch Controversy Is 'Stupid' Empty
PostSubject: Carrie Fisher Thinks Slave Leia Merch Controversy Is 'Stupid'   Carrie Fisher Thinks Slave Leia Merch Controversy Is 'Stupid' EmptySat Dec 05, 2015 6:39 am

We heard a rumor back in November that Leia's slave bikini was being retired from merchandise and marketing. Carrie Fisher told the Wall Street Journal that she thinks "it's stupid."

The outrage regarding Leia's slave outfit exploded when a father's post went viral. The father was disgusted that Target would sell slave Leia merchandise, and he didn't want to explain the look to his young daughters.

"How about telling his daughter that the character is wearing that outfit not because she's chosen to wear it. She's been forced to wear it," Fisher told the LA Times. "She's a prisoner of a giant testicle who has a lot of saliva going on and she does not want to wear that thing and it's ultimately that chain, which you're now indicating is some sort of accessory to S&M, that is used to kill the giant saliva testicle…. That's asinine."

Fisher hasn't said much about Star Wars: The Force Awakens, though she notes that her character "doesn't have any mortal wounds or diseases," but "things have happened that have been difficult."

Leia, Fisher says, "held her own" in the Star Wars universe, and called her a "kind of a touchstone for why it was so important to have a strong female character and hopefully many more strong female characters." The slave Leia outfit was part of what made her so powerful. It was a terrifying part Leia's life that she overcame.

Referring to herself as Leia, she said, "I killed him because I didn’t like it. And then I took it off. Backstage."

We'll see Leia again on December 18 when Star Wars: The Force Awakens hits theaters. For everything Star Wars, check out IGN's Star Wars hub.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

Carrie Fisher Thinks Slave Leia Merch Controversy Is 'Stupid' Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carrie Fisher Thinks Slave Leia Merch Controversy Is 'Stupid'   Carrie Fisher Thinks Slave Leia Merch Controversy Is 'Stupid' EmptySat Dec 05, 2015 3:06 pm

I guess that dude better not let his daughters watch Return of The Jedi. Maybe not even The Empire Strikes Back because Han does get iced I aint bothered
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com

Carrie Fisher Thinks Slave Leia Merch Controversy Is 'Stupid'

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1