HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Caitlyn Jenner slammed by Germaine Greer

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Caitlyn Jenner slammed by Germaine Greer Empty
PostSubject: Caitlyn Jenner slammed by Germaine Greer   Caitlyn Jenner slammed by Germaine Greer EmptyMon Oct 26, 2015 2:18 pm

The writer - who has been widely slammed as transphobic for her views on the transgender community - hit out at Caitlyn after it was reported that the former Olympian, known as Bruce Jenner before her gender transition, has been tipped to be named Glamour's Woman of the Year.

Speaking on BBC 2's 'Newsnight', Germaine said: ''I think misogyny plays a really big part in all of this, that a man who goes to these lengths to become a woman will be a better woman than someone who is just born a woman.

''It seems to me that what was going on there was that he/she wanted the limelight that the other, female, members of the family were enjoying and has conquered it, just like that.''

Caitlyn's famous female family members including ex wife Kris Jenner, daughters Kendall and Kylie Jenner and step-daughters Khloe, Kim and Kourtney Kardashian.

Meanwhile, it was recently revealed that Caitlyn's reality TV show has been renewed for a second season.

E!'s Jeff Olde said: ''Caitlyn's story has ignited a global conversation on the transgender community on a scale that has never been seen before. We are honoured Caitlyn has chosen to continue to share her ongoing story with our viewers around the world.''

Caitlyn, 65, simply tweeted: ''I'm looking forward to continuing the conversation. #IAmCait (sic).''
Back to top Go down

Caitlyn Jenner slammed by Germaine Greer

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1