HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vendetta #119 Results

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Caleb
HOFer
HOFer
Caleb

Vendetta #119 Results Empty
PostSubject: Vendetta #119 Results   Vendetta #119 Results EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 9:58 pm

MATCH 1: John Blade vs. Greg Samuel
Grader: N/A

Double no show

MATCH 2: Niko L. Genero vs. Dante Cross vs. Khideep Horn

Niko and Dante both no showed, so Khideep Horn gets the win here.

MATCH 3: KoX Semi-Finals and Lionheart Championship – Caleb Spires vs. Shade (c)

Shade could not show and will no longer be fedding. In addition to advancing to the KoX finals and winning the LionHeart Championship, Myke also relinquished his Intercontinental Championship to Caleb Spires.

MAIN EVENT: David Malakian vs. XWA Heavyweight Champion Razor Xtreme
Grader: Caleb

David Malakian – I liked the pace that your match started out with, making a fluid transition of starting out with some technical wrestling and then moving to strikes and higher-tier grapples. Overall, the pace you had to your match had a pretty good flow to it all the way out and kept it from having any slow spots that were just dragged out.

You also did characterizations very well, including the consistent use of Razor’s body guards. David was built-up to be a powerful-force tweener and Razor was done very well as the hotheaded, chickenshit heel that his character is, screaming irrationally at times and using his bodyguards to gain an advantage. And of course, the sneaky brass knuckle shots toward the end. If I had one minor complaint, it would be that sometimes Razor seemed a bit weak as the world champion in my opinion. Maybe I’m being too critical here as he is, as stated previously, a chickenshit heel but David seemed to be in control for a majority of the match. But Razor wasn’t a compete afterthought or anything so again, just kind of minor.

Overall, I liked the flow to your match and the selling fit in very well with it. Some of the spots you used with the bodyguards were written very well and you painted a clear picture in my head. The ending came a bit unexpected to me, but either way it wasn’t a weak ending.  Good match from David.

Razor Xtreme – Your beginning started off quite the opposite of David’s; You went immediately into quick strikes to try and blindside the larger opponent, so also a good way to start out. Your match also had a nice flow to it with some natural progression. I liked how you had Razor focus on one body part(the leg) of David. It makes sense to try to take the leg out of the bigger man, and you built that up very well topped off with a pretty nice ankle lock spot.

The characterization of Malakian was also good. You built him up as the strong force he is, and needed to use certain strategies to overcome his strength. I was a bit surprised to see Razor wasn’t really built up to be a super heel like he usually comes across though. There weren’t really any spots that stood out to me as “Wow, the crowd has to despise Razor right now” like I usually get. You also put the body guards to good use, but I’d give David the edge in the body guard usage.

The selling was one of the greatest parts of your match. You did a good job of showing the toll the match had been taking, especially with David’s left leg coming back to haunt him at the end. I was hoping you were foreshadowing his leg being his downfall, and I wasn’t let down. The match was also entertaining, easy to read and good a good picture of, and the flow was good all the way out. Your ending came a bit quick but it was done well so I’m not complaining. Strong effort from Razor as well.

Winner – Both matches were good in my opinion. This one could probably be graded by multiple different people and it would go back and forth. It’s tough to pick a clear winner for this one, but I think I’m going to give the edge to David Malakian. Razor’s match had better the selling, was entertaining, and had good foreshadowing of the end. Malakian had slightly better description, a bit better flow/progression, and characterized everybody better I thought. Both put forth a pretty good effort, maybe not their bests, but they both showed(Looking at the rest of you on the card… Mad as hell) and put out some fun reads. Congrats to David Malakian and best of luck to Razor at KoX.
Back to top Go down
Luigi
Show Opener
Luigi

PostSubject: Re: Vendetta #119 Results   Vendetta #119 Results EmptyThu Oct 10, 2019 3:22 am

wow. Can't believe you guys are still doing this.
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: Vendetta #119 Results   Vendetta #119 Results EmptyThu Oct 10, 2019 3:57 am

Luigi wrote:
wow. Can't believe you guys are still doing this.
Thi--This topic was from 2015.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsmVNcqWmf-E73tdf3cUCVg
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vendetta #119 Results   Vendetta #119 Results Empty

Back to top Go down

Vendetta #119 Results

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1