HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

S2) Caleb Spires - "You're Saved"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Myke
Main Eventer
Myke

S2) Caleb Spires - "You're Saved" Empty
PostSubject: S2) Caleb Spires - "You're Saved"   S2) Caleb Spires - "You're Saved" EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 10:03 pm

Due: September 15th, 2015

One Post By: Caleb Spires
Back to top Go down
Caleb
HOFer
HOFer
Caleb

PostSubject: Re: S2) Caleb Spires - "You're Saved"   S2) Caleb Spires - "You're Saved" EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 10:40 pm

XWA Vendetta returns from a commercial break as most of the broken table rubbish has been cleared out of the ring, while a few pieces of wood are scattered around the outside for the conclusion of the first tables match of the night. The camera pans over to the announcers Ted Cedar and David Michaels to get their insight on what the night has ahead of us.

Ted Cedar: “Welcome back everybody. You just witnessed the first of four tables matches on the night, each winner moving on to the next week in the King of Xtreme finals.”

David Michaels: “Thanks for the reminder Ted. It happened almost three minutes ago, I’m sure our viewers have forgotten by now.”

Ted Cedar: “….Moving on from that note, I was told over the commercial break that we have a special visitor in the building that will be making his way to the ring shortly.”

David Michaels: “Then quit yammering and let’s see who it is and what they have to say.”

Cedar decides to take Michaels’ advice and quiet down as the camera pans out to a wide-open view of the ring. A few seconds go by and still nothing progresses as the announcers and the fans wait patiently. A few more seconds go by and still, nobody has come out.

Ted Cedar: “I’m sorry folks, it appears we may be having some-“

Ted Cedar: “Wait a minute… WAIT A MINUTE!”

Many fans take a few seconds to process the old music that they used to hear week in and week out before going absolutely ballistic, while some newer fans are unfamiliar with the music and wait it out until they see who it is. And as all eyes are locked to the center of the stage, a well-groomed, suited up Caleb Spires steps out of the back, garnering an even louder response. Spires closes his eyes and takes in the atmosphere that he has spent nearly two years away from. He grins to himself as he begins making his way down the ramp and to the ring, passing multiple fans reaching out to him while hundreds of women make their way to the bathroom to change their soaking underwear.

David Michaels: “I gotta say, I wasn’t sure if Caleb was ever going to come back, but this crowd is absolutely electric at the sight of self-proclaimed The Elite One.”

Ted Cedar: “It should be interesting to see what the 5-time XWA heavyweight champion has to say. Is he back to compete? Or is he just back to-“

David Michaels: “Hey! I have an idea! How about instead of guessing we just wait another couple minutes and he’ll actually tell us himself?”

As Ted has once again been interrupted and cut down, he bites his tongue and keeps quiet. By this time, The Elite One has made his way to the end of the ramp and begins climbing up the ring steps and hopping on to the apron. He enters the ring, still to a roaring crowd as he kisses the tips of his index and middle finger and points to all of the Inspired. His music begins to get quieter as he heads to the side of the ring where the announcers are. All he does is stick one arm through the ropes, enough of a signal for the ringside attendants to rush a microphone to him so that he can give his first XWA monologue in quite some time. His music is officially off as he stands in the center of the ring, head tilted slightly down with the microphone below his mouth. The fans, while still excited to see him, quiet down to give him respect and time to speak.

Caleb Spires: “Wow, this is quite the rush.”

Nothing fancy, but his first sentence gets the crowd roaring yet again, clapping and chanting “Welcome back! Welcome back! Welcome back!”

Caleb Spires: “You know, it’s been almost two years since the last time I was here at an XWA event. I look around and I see a lot of new faces. On the flipside, I see a lot of old faces. Like for instance, I see that Razor Xtreme-“

Instant boos escape from the crowd at the mere mention of the name, and Spires nods in agreement, not even caring that he has been interrupted.

Caleb Spires: “I know, I know… I’m as upset as all of you. Razor Xtreme is the current heavyweight champion, and is getting dangerously close to breaking my record for the longest championship reign. I apologize to all of you that this dark time in XWA may be dawning on us, but rest assured, the dark times are coming to an end. You’re saved.”

David Michaels: “I wonder who it was that ended that longest championship reign? Probably a complete stud.”

The crowd changes their tone and begin hollering out to The Elite One, sending thanks of gratitude his way.

Caleb Spires: “Being away from the game for so long has made me miss the competitive side I once had. The last time I was here, I vowed that I would add another championship to my resume and came up short in the process. I have had to spend the last couple years watching inferior superstars hold the title that I alone made popular. This time, I’m not leaving until I come here to accomplish my goals. And my goal is to give you all a champion you deserve, not like that chump Razor.”

More cheer ensue, and some sections even break out into a “Razor sucks! Razor sucks!” chant…. And who could blame them?

David Michaels: “Can’t really say I disagree with them.”

Caleb Spires: “I know I’ve been away for a while, so it may take some time to get back into the main event scene, but I assure you that I will eventually get back there. And when I do, I will walk out of the ring with the XWA world heavyweight championship held high above my head, whether I have to beat Razor Xtreme, Mark Storey, or whichever unfortunate bastard has the title by the time I get there.”

Just like clockwork, one of Spires’ most hated rivals of the past, the COO of XWA, decides that he feels the need to come out and rain on Caleb’s return parade. Seeing as Smoke Xtreme is a piece of shit, his presence automatically brings down the positivity in the arena. Little kids begin crying, women are automatically less horny, and Caleb is not amused at being interrupted so abruptly. Smoke walks onto the stage with the smug look on his face that shows he could quite possibly already have ill intentions. He calls for his music to be cut off as he stands at the top of the stage holding a microphone, not in any real hurry to rush down to the ring. He goes to speak, but the boos get even louder, making it so that he has to put the microphone down and tempt the crowd to keep booing him, just laughing at them.

Smoke Xtreme: “Keep going! No, really, keep going! I have nowhere else to be tonight and I’ll be damned if I don’t get it out before I leave. You’re just delaying me.”

As if the fans care about his reverse psychology as they continue jeering just as loud, if not louder than before. Smoke stays true to his word and stays put on the stage, not budging an inch until everybody is done. It seems like minutes go by until the crowd finally begins running out of breath and just decides to quiet down. The sooner Smoke talks, the sooner he leaves.

Smoke Xtreme: “That’s what I thought… Caleb Spires! The man, the legend, the 5x heavyweight champion! Let me be the first to personally welcome you back to Vendetta in front of everybody here.”

Caleb Spires: “I can already tell this is going to be sincere.”

Smoke Xtreme: “LET ME FINISH… Look, I know we’ve had quite the storied history, but I think that the past should stay in the past. I mean, things are little bit different this time around. While I’m still the COO of XWA, you are no longer the Vendetta general manager… Meaning I have even MORE power over you than I did the last time you were here. So I think it would be in your best interest to let bygones be bygones. I mean, I wouldn’t wanna have to fire you or anything.”

Spires rolls his eyes at Smoke Xtreme who still has an insincere, arrogant grin on his face.

Smoke Xtreme: “But I’m not out here to instill fear or fire you… You mentioned that you want to give these fans the champion they deserve, but I don’t see how a man who has left the company on, what, three separate occasions? ...Is a ‘champion that the fans deserve.’ But you know what? I’ll throw you a bone because I’m feeling generous today. I’ll give you a shot to EARN your chance at a championship. I’m sure you remember the King of Xtreme tournament. You’ve yet to have a chance to compete in the tournament. With everything you’ve accomplished here in XWA, wouldn’t finally becoming the King of Xtreme just be the icing on the cake?”

Caleb Spires: “Gee Smoke, thanks for your generosity! I can’t imagine there’s any catch to this at all.”

Smoke Xtreme: “WOULD YOU PLEASE… You really like to undermine me don’t you? I figured some time away from the business would help you become a bit less of a smart-mouth punk. Looks like I was wrong. As I’m sure you’re aware, the King of Xtreme first round matches will be contested under tables matches. Well tonight you will have the chance to prove that you still have it against an opponent that you’re slightly familiar with… The 6’9 beast, E.G. Deal. And I’m sure you remember what happened the last time you two faced off one on one.”

Caleb Spires: “I had him seconds from tapping out until you decided to insert yourself into the match and screw me over? Yeah, rings a small bell.”

Smoke Xtreme: “Make excuses all you want, Spires. If you’re truly the greatest in XWA history, you should have no problem pulling out the win tonight.”

Caleb Spires: “If you think even for a second that I’m just going to roll over, think again. I’ve beaten bigger men and I’ll beat bigger. Nobody in this company scares me. Anybody that tries to get in my way will just suffer the same fate that oh-so-many others have in the past. Since Razor isn’t out here, and I’m sure he hasn’t figured out how to turn on the TV in his locker room, he may not be hearing this message. So Smoke, do me a favor and make sure your brother knows what he’s in for. Now if you’ll excuse me, I have some warming up to do.”

Spires drops his microphone on the mat as “Fake It” booms through the speakers in the arena yet again. Smoke stands at the top of the ramp screaming words of discouragement to The Elite One, his music so loud that nobody can make out what Smoke is trying to say. Spires stands on the middle ropes in one of the corners nodding in Smoke’s direction.

Ted Cedar: “And we now know that Caleb Spires’ return match will be against The Golden Eagle, E.G. Deal in a tables match! Will the much smaller Spires find a way to put Deal through a table and advance in the King of Xtreme tournament, or will he end up taking another loss to Deal?”

David Michaels: “It won’t be an easy task, but having wrestled Spires many times, if there’s anyone that can pull out what looks to be the impossible, it’s gotta be him.”

Ted Cedar: “Don’t go anywhere folks, Vendetta will be continuing with more action right after this break!”
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: S2) Caleb Spires - "You're Saved"   S2) Caleb Spires - "You're Saved" EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 11:31 pm

Me gusta.

Caleb seemed a tad heelish at points. I'm not sure if that's what you're going for or what. It isn't really bad, just something I noticed. An example would be him saying he alone made the WHC popular. Not everyone has to be the stereotypical good guy, though, so if you were going for something a bit heelish, but still a fan favorite in a way, I get it. 'Twas a good promo, altogether, though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsmVNcqWmf-E73tdf3cUCVg
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: S2) Caleb Spires - "You're Saved"   S2) Caleb Spires - "You're Saved" EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 11:40 pm

That's textbook Caleb tbh. He's always been an arrogant face.
Back to top Go down
Caleb
HOFer
HOFer
Caleb

PostSubject: Re: S2) Caleb Spires - "You're Saved"   S2) Caleb Spires - "You're Saved" EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 12:50 am

Yeah, some of the heel-sounding comments were intentional. While Caleb has been a face for the majority of his career, I try to make him more of the cocky fan-favorite than the one that kisses ass for cheers. That way if I ever do decide to turn heel it's an easier transition.

Thanks for the input!

Back to top Go down
Caine
Superkick Party
Superkick Party
Caine

PostSubject: Re: S2) Caleb Spires - "You're Saved"   S2) Caleb Spires - "You're Saved" EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 1:28 am

This is/was great! While I don't actually know who Caleb Spires is (No offense) you portrayed him as this old dog one more match type fella with a bit of a prick side to him, and the exchange between that Smoke guy and Caleb was sarcastic fantastic. Coolio.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: S2) Caleb Spires - "You're Saved"   S2) Caleb Spires - "You're Saved" EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 3:52 am

"Little kids begin crying, women are automatically less horny"

Haters. Haters everywhere.

Awesome promo man. God, how I missed Caleb. You have no idea how happy I am to see you back and you haven't lost anything. I can't wait for our inevitable rematch. Big Grin!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: S2) Caleb Spires - "You're Saved"   S2) Caleb Spires - "You're Saved" Empty

Back to top Go down

S2) Caleb Spires - "You're Saved"

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1