HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rate: WWE Summerslam 2015

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

Rate: WWE Summerslam 2015 Empty
PostSubject: Rate: WWE Summerslam 2015   Rate: WWE Summerslam 2015 EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 10:56 pm

How do you rate Summerslam 2015?
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Rate: WWE Summerslam 2015   Rate: WWE Summerslam 2015 EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 11:02 pm

7.8/10 Too much bullshit.

No, but seriously. 6/10. The matches were great, the finishes were awful.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Rate: WWE Summerslam 2015   Rate: WWE Summerslam 2015 EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 11:58 pm

Singles (12:28)
Sheamus vs Randy Orton
** 3/4

What an awful pick for a show opener. Perhaps they thought the crowd would hype themselves and they needed to start with a natural downer, but they were wrong. The crowd was largely silent for the majority of the matches. It was almost like watching a NJPW show, except you could tell they weren't silent out of respect. There was nothing that stood out as "bad" but the match moved along at a snail's pace and asked the crowd to really bite on heat for Sheamus and they never did. Perhaps that's what happens when you treat heels and Money in the Bank holders like they're invincible. Sheamus picked up the win on a well executed sequence.

Fatal Four Way Tag Team Match | WWE Tag Team Championships (11:20)
Los Matadores vs New Day vs Lucha Dragons vs Prime Time Players(C)
**1/4

This match got a loud "This is awesome" chant. This match was not awesome. Botchamania could do an episode on this match alone. Kofi was out of position twice and half of Los Matadores nearly botched the finish. Big E looked like a star throughout and Xavier Woods is nothing short of excellent on the outside. They got heat on Darren and had Titus get shine and the crowd ate it up. It was a very sloppy match where a few guys stood out but all of them tried very hard.

Singles (11:50)
Dolph Ziggler (With Lana) vs Rusev (With Summer Rae)
** 1/2

Dolph never really got the fans hooked in as well as he usually does and the match was hurt for it. Nothing stood out aside from the boring finish, but the angle post-match is sure to draw some interest from female fans and obviously they're moving forward with this toward Night of Champions.

Tag Team (7:35)
Stephen Amell and Neville vs Stardust and King Barrett
** 1/2

Stephen Amell might be the best celebrity performer in WWE history. He looked like he spent more than five minutes preparing for the match. His selling was "off" but he's not supposed to be a wrestler so it could have been intentional. The got the heat on Amell and Neville made the come back. Strong booking that promoted the right guy.

Triple Threat | WWE Intercontinental Championship (5:33)
Miz vs Big Show vs Ryback(C)
* 1/2

They didn't get much time and they tried to make everyone look good. It didn't work. Ryback got the win stealing a pin from Big Show, a great way to make your returning babyface look strong.

By the way, in the pre-show, Byron Saxton suggested that Ryback wasn't fully healed from his staph infection. I guarantee CM Punk's lawyers loved hearing that.

Tag Team (10:55)
Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose vs Bray Wyatt and Luke Harper
** 3/4

It's the worst match I've ever seen involving these four guys and it was still pretty good. The transparent booking making Roman seem like the only star in the match killed the match for the crowd. The crowd was solidly behind Dean Ambrose until they seen how the match started unfolding, and then they just kind of didn't care any more.

Singles | Title vs Title (19:44)
John Cena(C) vs Seth Rollins(C)
*** 1/2

Funny enough, the elite athlete and worker Seth Rollins had a match that didn't stack up at all with the Cena/Owens series. John pulled out all of his moves but he seemed to be less than emotionally invested. Rollins was far more professional to my untrained eye as far as effort goes. Perhaps John didn't like the planned finish?

Triple Threat Tag Team Elimination Match (15:20)
Team Bella vs Team BAD vs Team PCB

Sasha Banks is the best female wrestling talent perhaps on earth and she's Naomi's side kick. Fucking awesome. Not ONE FUCKING PERSON could follow her and Bailey at any show under the WWE umbrella. Not ONE FUCKING PERSON could follow Sasha Banks' lead. At least she wasn't the loser that got pinned. I can't be angry about them ruining Sasha every week. At some point I just will have to accept that being good at wrestling doesn't matter.

Anyway, team BAD was the first group out and then they did another 8 minutes with the Bellas and PCB. That would be awesome, normally, because Naomi and Tamina are two of the worst 3 in the storyline.... but then Nikki tagged in Brie who worked far more than she should have. Nikki looked strong, Charlotte looked strong, and Becky picked up the win. It was fine but there are hundreds of ways it could have been better, especially considering they got fifteen fucking minutes. Fifteen minutes of exposure and Charlotte and Becky got about 45 combined seconds to shine.

Singles (14:18)
Kevin Owens vs Cesaro

The crowd was largely emotionally vacant here. Cesaro tried to hulk up at one point to hook the crowd because they just weren't biting. Was it a case where the fans didn't know who to root for? Or simply Brock and Taker was too much looming?

This match was the match they picked out at the beginning of the show to cut time from to "fit" the show in. It shows a tremendous amount of faith in those two as workers to get their shit in in whatever time is left for them, but it also means they weren't a high priority.

The match was fine. You've seen fifty better matches for both guys. Again, the problem with both is that they're both offensively inclined. This is a BIG problem for Cesaro, a babyface, who should be selling and making comebacks... but it fits Owens perfectly. I'm guessing he won because of the loss to Balor and Cesaro will probably get his momentum back with a US Title win or something menial.

Singles (17:50)
Brock Lesnar vs The Undertaker
*** 1/2

The story-telling was strong. Undertaker could illustrate for the blind. Lesnar did his stuff and Taker made it work. The crowd never got hooked in because, unfortunately, Undertaker has destroyed the non-finish part of his matches with the finish prostitution over the last five years at Wrestlemania, conditioning the crowd to only care about the near falls that might actually be the finish.

With that said, and I can't say enough good thing about both guys or about Paul Heyman.... that finish was pitched to all three of those guys and it got through them all. How? That was stupid. I'm no more or less interested in a rematch than I was before.

---

Five Big Winners:

1. The Undertaker!
At 50, that guy can still work. He told a phenomenal story and even though he's winding down clearly, I was so happy to see him prove the fucking morons wrong that thought he was "done." Yall got FUCKING WORKED. He's still GREAT.

2. Stephen Amell & Neville
Amell secured his place in the WWE Celebrity Wing Hall of Fame with a fantastic performance. If he wasn't such a successful actor, a future in WWE wouldn't be out of the question. Outside of Roman Reigns, Neville was the top babyface that got a clean win with some shine. Neville was great as always.

3. The New Day!
An excellent night for Big E and Xavier Woods mostly makes up for a rare off night from Kofi Kingston. They deserve the tag belts. I'm not opposed to them getting a singles title in the mix as well. This is a great wrestling act.

4. Kevin Owens!
The guy in the most high-profile match that actually got a clean win. He's working as the #2 heel on the tour and that's a great spot for Mr. Wrestling.

5. Cosmic King Barrett!
He's off the pre-show and got a spot earmarked for Miz. Winning.

Five Big Losers:

1. The agents!
These finishes really sucked. Count out wins don't matter in the first place and they feel far more satisfying. Was it really important these two drew? The four way tag match was a cluster fuck. Miz, Show, and Ryback tried WAY too much. The women were good overall but could have been much crisper and the time could have been used more effectively. The finish for the two co-main events were fucking embarrassing.

2. John Cena!
His title match with Rollins could have been a brilliant starting point to a storyline that culminated in him winning his 16th, and heck, it still might be... but Cena played second fiddle tonight to a celebrity so Vince could get national media attention and hope for a spike of ratings on Raw... for some reason. Tonight wasn't about Cena's chase and it wasn't about putting over Seth Rollins... and that feels very wrong.

3. Bray Wyatt!
Remember when we thought he was going to be a top heel? Me too. Well they spent months hyping up to this match and while I admit the feud certainly isn't over, Bray certainly doesn't look like a guy they see main event talent in.

4. Cesaro!
They have faith in him as a performer, but their refusal to put him over here shows they're still all in on Roman Reigns and fear investing too much in potential competition for Roman. The match with Owens lacked a sense of purpose in the first place. They seem to not care about the grass-roots attempt to get him through the gate.

5. Sasha Banks!
Best womens talent possibly on earth, possibly of all time... have a match that Undertaker and Brock couldn't follow... that Rollins and Cena couldn't follow... and still come out to Naomi's theme. You're 23, so you're still young and naive enough to think being the best will matter. It doesn't.
Back to top Go down
Go ills go
Icon
Go ills go

PostSubject: Re: Rate: WWE Summerslam 2015   Rate: WWE Summerslam 2015 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 3:52 am

I was watching this with a couple people and we thought this was a really good PPV, even for a SummerSlam. I don\'t know Sure it was mostly casual "fans" and I would consider myself more of a casual fan than a big fan too but one of my friends is a major wrestling fan, even kind of a picky critic, and he really liked it overall. Based on reactions and stuff, he thought it was well done (for the most part) and pretty consistently well performed. I agree.

It wasn't close to flawless though. The double countout was really stupid and the matches started out pretty bad at first (but I personally liked the 4 way tag match). Then it was good match after match really.

No one really liked the Brock/Taker finish though but it's not something I'm strongly against either. It's not a bad way to keep both looking good - potentially for the re-match but that doesn't even matter to me. And I loved the middle finger from Brock before it ended. Funny

I give it an 8 as a PPV.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wrestling-united.com
Go ills go
Icon
Go ills go

PostSubject: Re: Rate: WWE Summerslam 2015   Rate: WWE Summerslam 2015 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 4:00 am

I did really hate that Team B.A.D. were first eliminated in the divas match but I'm patient with WWE on that. @Ian I don't think that's a knock against Sasha Banks. Right now it's Charlotte/Nikki (mainly) in the limelight for the divas division. It's just a matter of time and I'm sure they'll push Sasha Banks and aren't ruining her at all. I've been loving her so far.

It's actually smart to not go straight in with Sasha Banks yet when Nikki is the champion and they can give Charlotte the big push first. I don't think they're ruining her character at all if that's what you're saying. Not her credibility either cause she's not even the one losing.... they keep using Tamina as the scapegoat and that's perfect for now.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Rate: WWE Summerslam 2015   Rate: WWE Summerslam 2015 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 6:12 am

^ I think the problem with tonight and Sasha is that she was getting the most response from the crowd, she was still hot after the night before, and yet she got to wrestle for like 30 seconds before her group got eliminated... as a fan of hers I was disappointed and I wanted to see more of her and less of Brie Bella.
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Rate: WWE Summerslam 2015   Rate: WWE Summerslam 2015 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 8:49 am

After sleeping on it, I feel better about the ending. They were clearly going for another Austin/Hart, and that's fine. It's just that the execution was kinda bad.

And I did want Brock to win. I aint bothered
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Rate: WWE Summerslam 2015   Rate: WWE Summerslam 2015 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 11:02 am

You can't establish womens wrestling as something that matters by putting your best talent behind a women the fans already are conditioned not to respect. You can't use how good Sasha, Charlotte, and Becky are to make people care about The Bellas or Naomi or Tamina. You ruined their chance to be taken seriously as performers and they're 95% done ruining these three girls to a new audience. They're seen as nothing more than the new class of WWE divas.
Back to top Go down
Go ills go
Icon
Go ills go

PostSubject: Re: Rate: WWE Summerslam 2015   Rate: WWE Summerslam 2015 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 2:19 pm

Batman wrote:
^ I think the problem with tonight and Sasha is that she was getting the most response from the crowd, she was still hot after the night before, and yet she got to wrestle for like 30 seconds before her group got eliminated... as a fan of hers I was disappointed and I wanted to see more of her and less of Brie Bella.
Oh ok... I totally see this and agree completely. Feel the same way. But while it's something I didn't like, I didn't see it as much of a big deal for Sasha or anyone in that match.

Cause on the opposite end, if you start out too hot, it could die down easily after a while. It's not like they're burying her right now. She'll be fine.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rate: WWE Summerslam 2015   Rate: WWE Summerslam 2015 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 7:45 pm

I honestly had bad feelings about the Taker/Lesnar match, cause even though I was excited for it it was mainly because of Taker. They proved me wrong, an incredible match, Taker proved he can still go, Lesnar put out a great match, and Taker actually plays a really good heel. The ending sucked, but the match itself was awesome.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Rate: WWE Summerslam 2015   Rate: WWE Summerslam 2015 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 12:19 am

They're conditioning these fans that have long since decided they didn't give a fuck about womens wrestling that these new women are on the same level as the losers they hate. They WON'T be fine. This WON'T work.

Having it be fun for a group that do care about womens wrestling shouldn't have been the fucking goal. There is a reason people clamored for a revolution and why the words meant so much initially... no one respects the old guard and you can't use the new girls to get the old ones over.

Now that an audience mostly comprised of the same people that two days ago gave a five minute standing ovation to a womens match can we accept that THIS ISN'T GOING TO FUCKING WORK?

No one is EVER going to care about Brie Bella, Naomi, Tamina Snuka, or Alicia Fox. That ship sailed a LONG fucking time ago. If you wanted them to be accepted as legitimate performers you should have treated them like it. You can't change perception.

In all likelihood, whatever chance you had to salvage Nikki Bella's perception is gone now too, although I think you could have saved that.

But if you continue down this path, those three girls are going to be the next faces of the divas division and the same fragment of the audience will be accepting of them but the vast majority will chant sexist garbage at them and no one will care.

You have a chance to have womens wrestling be taken seriously. To recapture the companies image to the minds of parents of young girls and of young girls alike. You have a chance to be a part of real change in the world and how young girls see themselves in society. You have a chance to bring in an entire new segment of the audience that traditionally doesn't want anything to do with wrestling.

and you're blowing it, because you don't want to upset the bella twins or Naomi or Tamina or Alicia Fox or, worst of all (and frankly most likely) because you think the "divas" division is exactly how women SHOULD be presented.

The WWE are risking ruining womens wrestling to an entire generation of viewers. I don't understand why I'm the only one upset.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Rate: WWE Summerslam 2015   Rate: WWE Summerslam 2015 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 8:22 am

RomieLovesFozzy wrote:
I don't understand why I'm the only one upset.
Because you thought WWE was going to that Woman's wrestling seriously Thirsty Mofos

As much as they much Ronda Rousey women in WWE are never going to be looked at that way. They don't present them in the same way. They can bullshit this as much as they want but the way they really feel about woman's wrestling has not changed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Rate: WWE Summerslam 2015   Rate: WWE Summerslam 2015 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 11:17 am

I'm noticing. It's bumming me out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rate: WWE Summerslam 2015   Rate: WWE Summerslam 2015 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rate: WWE Summerslam 2015

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1