HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TMZ Reports Roddy Piper Has Passed Away

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

TMZ Reports Roddy Piper Has Passed Away Empty
PostSubject: TMZ Reports Roddy Piper Has Passed Away   TMZ Reports Roddy Piper Has Passed Away EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 6:11 pm

(Take this as you will. I don't know if it's true or not and, personally, won't believe it until it's on WWE.com.)

Wrestling legend "Rowdy" Roddy Piper has died at the age of 61... TMZ Sports has learned.
Piper -- born Roderick George Toombs -- passed away from natural causes at a home in Hollywood.

Piper was a wrestling icon -- one of the biggest stars in the WWE back in the '80s, and even wrestled in "Wrestlemania I" back in 1985 ... squaring off against Hulk Hogan and Mr. T.
Piper had been diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma in 2006, but last November he said he was cancer free.

Roddy was admitted into the WWE Hall of Fame back in 2005 and was one of the top 50 villains in the history of the WWE .

Roddy is survived by his wife Kitty and their 4 kids -- including 3 daughters and son Colton who's pursuing a career in professional wrestling.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsmVNcqWmf-E73tdf3cUCVg
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: TMZ Reports Roddy Piper Has Passed Away   TMZ Reports Roddy Piper Has Passed Away EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 6:16 pm

From fansided.com:

The professional wrestling world has lost yet another legend, this time “Rowdy” Roddy Piper at the age of 61

A few weeks ago the professional wrestling world lost one of the biggest legends of the business in Dusty Rhodes. Well on Friday, the news got a little worse with the news of the death of “Rowdy” Roddy Piper. TMZ was the first to report the news. Piper was 61

One of the more well-known talkers in the business, Roddy Piper was one of the most respected men to ever step into a wrestling ring. He had various stints in the territory system of the NWA before he finally moved on to the WWE in the 1980s. That was where he made his mark as one of the best heels the business has ever seen. He was so good, in fact, that he was pivotal in bringing in the Rock and Wrestling Era, feuding with Hulk Hogan. Their feud was prominent on MTV and Piper instantly became one of the most viable assets the WWE ever had.

Piper would take some time off to do movies and other projects, but he always made his way back to the wrestling business in some form or fashion. Whenever he was asked to come back, he made his way back.

Back in 2005, WWE did the right thing and they inducted Piper into the WWE Hall of Fame. While he went in with other huge names, his speech was one that will be remembered forever.

While the cause of death right now is being reported as natural causes, Piper did deal with cancer in the past. However, he recently reported last year that he was cancer free, so it’s hard to tell whether or not it played a role in the death. We’ll find out more in the coming days and weeks.

Roddy Piper will be missed by everyone in the wrestling and entertainment community.
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: TMZ Reports Roddy Piper Has Passed Away   TMZ Reports Roddy Piper Has Passed Away EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 6:19 pm

PAIGE @RealPaigeWWE
No way. Not @R_Roddy_Piper Sad(( RIP. Two greats have left us. Terrible few months. Legend.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: TMZ Reports Roddy Piper Has Passed Away   TMZ Reports Roddy Piper Has Passed Away EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 6:25 pm

Roddy No Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: TMZ Reports Roddy Piper Has Passed Away   TMZ Reports Roddy Piper Has Passed Away EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 6:26 pm

More wrestlers have Tweeted and the story is getting shared all over the place now, although it's just sites saying TMZ said it. But I think it's true. I'm just wondering why WWE hasn't said anything yet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TMZ Reports Roddy Piper Has Passed Away   TMZ Reports Roddy Piper Has Passed Away EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 6:35 pm

Blinky McBlinksalot ‏@nagunnatelya 2m2 minutes ago
Roddy Piper dies at 61 of cardiac arrest. Remind me to never defend Hulk Hogan.

Dont know if that's legit what happened
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TMZ Reports Roddy Piper Has Passed Away   TMZ Reports Roddy Piper Has Passed Away EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 6:38 pm

UPDATED: TMZ has more news on Roddy Piper’s death, revealing that the WWE legend passed away in his sleep due to a heart attack. Piper’s agent told the site, “I am devastated at this news. Rod was a good friend as well as a client and one of the most generous, sincere and authentic people I have ever known. This is a true loss to us all.”

In addition, Piper’s family issued a statement, saying, “Our family is saddened by the sudden passing of our father and beloved husband, Roderick Toombs aka Rowdy Roddy Piper.”
Back to top Go down
Myke
Main Eventer
Myke

PostSubject: Re: TMZ Reports Roddy Piper Has Passed Away   TMZ Reports Roddy Piper Has Passed Away EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 6:58 pm

WWE acknowledged it.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/rowdy-roddy-piper-passes-away-27737907
Back to top Go down
Methylated Spirit
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Methylated Spirit

PostSubject: Re: TMZ Reports Roddy Piper Has Passed Away   TMZ Reports Roddy Piper Has Passed Away EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 7:00 pm

I found this out via Faith No More on Facebook.

Fuck everything

Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: TMZ Reports Roddy Piper Has Passed Away   TMZ Reports Roddy Piper Has Passed Away EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 7:01 pm

Sad As I've said numerous times today, he was one of the best talkers in wrestling history. That isn't just something I'm saying because he's gone, it's something I've legit felt for a long time. R.I.P. Hot Rod
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TMZ Reports Roddy Piper Has Passed Away   TMZ Reports Roddy Piper Has Passed Away EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 7:07 pm

R.I.P. :c
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TMZ Reports Roddy Piper Has Passed Away   TMZ Reports Roddy Piper Has Passed Away EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 8:20 pm

– Ric Flair issued a statement to TMZ following the passing of Roddy Piper today. You can see the statement below from Flair:

“We’ve shared the ring, traveled the world, maintained a friendship throughout the ups and downs of the wrestling world, and battled to see who was the better heel. It’s almost impossible to express my grief. My condolences to his children and to his wife Kitty. I’ll miss you Roddy. The world will never be as Rowdy without you.”

– The wrestling industry is reacting to the sudden death today of Roddy Piper at the age of 61. Hulk Hogan spoke with TMZ Sports, saying, “I will forever miss him….He was my best friend. He is a legend.”

He added, “God’s gain is our loss. May his family in this time of need, find peace. Much love forever, HH.”

Others have taken to Twitter to react; a sampling is below:

The Iron Sheik ✔@the_ironsheik
RODDY PIPER. I LOVE YOU FOREVER. GOD BLESS YOU BUBBA
6:06 PM - 31 Jul 2015

John Layfield ✔@JCLayfield
Just heard my friend and a huge influence on me Hot Rod-Roddy Piper has passed away. Rest well friend, you will be missed. #lifeWellLived
6:20 PM - 31 Jul 2015

Kevin Nash ✔@RealKevinNash
RIP to Roddy Piper. Prayers to his family and loved ones.
6:19 PM - 31 Jul 2015 · Miami, FL, United States

Virgil ✔@TheRealVirgil
My main man. Always had my back. RIP #RoddyPiper
6:18 PM - 31 Jul 2015
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TMZ Reports Roddy Piper Has Passed Away   TMZ Reports Roddy Piper Has Passed Away EmptySat Aug 01, 2015 3:35 am

Everyone was Hulk Hogan's best friend <.<

I think these last... 60 days (?) were the worst period for wrestling in General.nMany losses... :c
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TMZ Reports Roddy Piper Has Passed Away   TMZ Reports Roddy Piper Has Passed Away Empty

Back to top Go down

TMZ Reports Roddy Piper Has Passed Away

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1