Forum Updates, Modifications and Changes - July 2015

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

Forum Updates, Modifications and Changes - July 2015 Empty
PostSubject: Forum Updates, Modifications and Changes - July 2015   Forum Updates, Modifications and Changes - July 2015 EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 6:44 am

Some changes on the forum are going to be taking place, so I thought it best to announce them all at once.

Temporary New Head Admin(s)

From here on out, until stated otherwise, I'm basically running things. Why? Well because Ian shall be taking a break, not from the forum as he'll still post around I'm sure, but from being Head Admin. I've kind of stepped up to temporarily take his place in order to give Ian a rest. It wasn't formally agreed upon, but Ian offered to be demoted the other day and no one on the team wanted that. The reason behind all this is the forum hasn't been at it's best of the past few months. Arguments a whileback pretty much kicked things off going down hill and activity hasn't been great this month. Not many people have shown an interest in the site, so it's demoralised Ian plus he's got other stuff going on. Two days ago, I became frustrated with what was going on, so stepped up and I am currently attempting to get things in order for Ian when he's Head Admin once more. So, from here until otherwise stated, it's be appreciated if you could bring your questions, concerns, ideas and anything else to me or one of the other members of the admin team.

For the record, I will not be Head Admin permanently. I do not wish to take the role and nor shall I. I merely want to help the site and allow Ian to stop having to brunt all the weight around here. As soon as Ian is ready, I'll slot into the background again.

Admin Demotions

Minkaro has been demoted from the admin team. Not much to say here, as he left a day or two ago, so it was obvious this would happen. Thanks to Minkaro for his runs as admin. Adding to that, I've taken the decision to demote Mexi. Now one or two people got upset when I demoted him last time as an April Fools joke and then Ian deciding not to repromote him as he did nothing anyway, and perhaps rightfully so on their part. Afterwards he was placed back on the team and being completely frank, he hasn't done a damn thing since. I have created several topics in the Admin Room for us all to get our head around and, surprise surprise, Mexi hasn't commented on one. I'm not sure he's even aware he's an admin, so I've put this to bed finally and just demoted him. Thanks to Mexi for any times he actually entered the admin room...we can't remember them, but thanks regardless!

I think many people believed there were too many admins and maybe they still do after this, but the rest of the team either already does plenty to help or has shown an enthusiasm in order to have a far more active role on the site.

Forum Awards Shall Return

The once very popular XWA Forum Awards shall make a return sometime in the foreseeable future! On the old site, these used to be monthly, but the team thinks that's overkill at this stage. So, when they return, they shall be for every three months...and I can let you all know they won't contain stupid awards, such as Best Argument <_<

The first awards shall be announced in due course.

XWAP Shall Be Revamped

I have informed Dead that XWAP needs to start picking up the pace, otherwise there is no point in it's existence. I am hoping that Dead (once his PC is fixed) will put more time and effort into the section and bring it back to what it used to be. Now it will never be how Hardcore Harry had it, as those levels of detail were true dedication, but it certainly should be far more intriguing than it is now. Hopefully more will be announced about XWAP in the future.

I ask that people who do not take part currently, for whatever the reason, to please comeback and give it another shot. We want games and activities to be a major part of the site otherwise we will lose large parts that can be incredibly fun.

XWA Fantasy Football shall have a Better Presence

I am fairly certain that I am going to move the XWA Fantasy Football section out of the Sports Zone, because at the moment, it's pretty lost in there. It won't be transformed into something that takes over the site, but since it is popular with many users, it should be used as a tool for activity and potential newcomers. Burdur is officially placed in charge of the section (he already was, really, but just to make it official) and it should be aimed to become something that has a larger presence and a better feel to it when it's entered. More to come in the future.

The XWA Newsletter Returns!

If you like your forum news all in one place, then you are in luck, as Myke is bringing back the XWA Newsletter! This shall be used to keep everyone informed and up-to-date about the site as a whole and also used an advertising tool going forwards. More shall be announced about this in the future, including when to expect the first copy!

----

I believe that is it. The aim behind all of this, going forwards, is to prove that people do care about this site. I know I do and the other admins have shown they do too. I want negativity to be banished from this place and I really don't want people walking away because they find more joy away from here than being part of it. The days of arguments and hostility should have been left behind when the old forum died, so lets make this a fresh start and to have fun around here one more. After all, nobody here would know each other if it wasn't for this site. So lets get along, have some fun and make this place the Wrestling Community is should be! I ask that people get more involved with the site and post around; this is YOUR wrestling forum.

Chilly! Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forum Updates, Modifications and Changes - July 2015   Forum Updates, Modifications and Changes - July 2015 EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 7:07 am

Good changes clap and hope your all good Ian good job
Back to top Go down
Pygmy
The Downward Spiral
The Downward Spiral
Pygmy

PostSubject: Re: Forum Updates, Modifications and Changes - July 2015   Forum Updates, Modifications and Changes - July 2015 EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 7:25 am

"Mexi has been demoted"

*Cue flashback where Mexi took 3 weeks to comment on the admin roll call thread Chilly made.*

Well, I have trust in Chilly; and I'm just glad Ian can take a break. Site's been taking a toll on the guy.
Back to top Go down
Storey
Show Opener
Storey

PostSubject: Re: Forum Updates, Modifications and Changes - July 2015   Forum Updates, Modifications and Changes - July 2015 EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 8:32 am

Good work Chilly Smile
Back to top Go down
Myke
Main Eventer
Myke

PostSubject: Re: Forum Updates, Modifications and Changes - July 2015   Forum Updates, Modifications and Changes - July 2015 EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 8:49 am

We got this.

Forum Updates, Modifications and Changes - July 2015 Giphy
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: Forum Updates, Modifications and Changes - July 2015   Forum Updates, Modifications and Changes - July 2015 EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 10:34 am

Sounds good, boss.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsmVNcqWmf-E73tdf3cUCVg

PostSubject: Re: Forum Updates, Modifications and Changes - July 2015   Forum Updates, Modifications and Changes - July 2015 EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 10:47 am

Inhaleminati wrote:
We got this.

Forum Updates, Modifications and Changes - July 2015 Giphy
Forum Updates, Modifications and Changes - July 2015 QC3op
Back to top Go down
Pygmy
The Downward Spiral
The Downward Spiral
Pygmy

PostSubject: Re: Forum Updates, Modifications and Changes - July 2015   Forum Updates, Modifications and Changes - July 2015 EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 11:37 am

is it bad that i thought that gif was tj with a beard
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Forum Updates, Modifications and Changes - July 2015   Forum Updates, Modifications and Changes - July 2015 EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 11:47 am

Pretty Hate Machine wrote:
"Mexi has been demoted"

*Cue flashback where Mexi took 3 weeks to comment on the admin roll call thread Chilly made.*

3 weeks? Bro, he still hasn't replied in it to this day...and I created it on 14th May xD

Also, I too want to believe that GIF is TJ.

Last edited by Dat Chilly on Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Go ills go
Icon
Go ills go

PostSubject: Re: Forum Updates, Modifications and Changes - July 2015   Forum Updates, Modifications and Changes - July 2015 EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 2:06 pm

Forum Updates, Modifications and Changes - July 2015 2z897bl

Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.wrestling-united.com

PostSubject: Re: Forum Updates, Modifications and Changes - July 2015   Forum Updates, Modifications and Changes - July 2015 EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 2:46 pm

Dude Mexi just got roasted
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forum Updates, Modifications and Changes - July 2015   Forum Updates, Modifications and Changes - July 2015 EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 2:47 pm

Smurf on Fleek wrote:
Forum Updates, Modifications and Changes - July 2015 2z897bl

Sad

ROFL! ROFL! ROFL! ROFL! ROFL! ROFL! ROFL! ROFL! ROFL! ROFL! clap
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Forum Updates, Modifications and Changes - July 2015   Forum Updates, Modifications and Changes - July 2015 EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 3:07 pm

ROFL!

And things are good for me. I do have a medical issue right now but it's something I could get fixed basically without any issue, I just don't want to because I'm poor.
Back to top Go down
Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

PostSubject: Re: Forum Updates, Modifications and Changes - July 2015   Forum Updates, Modifications and Changes - July 2015 EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 4:14 pm

Oh present. Oh the DRAMA
Back to top Go down
Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

PostSubject: Re: Forum Updates, Modifications and Changes - July 2015   Forum Updates, Modifications and Changes - July 2015 EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 4:15 pm

And man T'f do you mean I haven't commented on any FOH. You know that's BS.
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: Forum Updates, Modifications and Changes - July 2015   Forum Updates, Modifications and Changes - July 2015 EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 4:16 pm

:umad:
Back to top Go down
Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

PostSubject: Re: Forum Updates, Modifications and Changes - July 2015   Forum Updates, Modifications and Changes - July 2015 EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 4:21 pm

I told y'all last week that I was good to post around when I could. I haven't had the time for it so far.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Forum Updates, Modifications and Changes - July 2015   Forum Updates, Modifications and Changes - July 2015 EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 4:24 pm

Dude, you've had like over a year to do something. I was bored of waiting. I appreciate you want to help, but actions speak louder than words dude.
Back to top Go down
Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

PostSubject: Re: Forum Updates, Modifications and Changes - July 2015   Forum Updates, Modifications and Changes - July 2015 EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 4:31 pm

Help? With what? I've told Ian I'd be up for whatever he needed me with and he never told me anything. Like Razor has stated before, I need a specific task to work on, I tried to be active but theres no one here. I don't know what you want me to do. I'm trying to run the fantasy league with Burdur. I don't know why I'm getting singled out here.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Forum Updates, Modifications and Changes - July 2015   Forum Updates, Modifications and Changes - July 2015 EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 4:46 pm

Look, I ain't getting into a long ass debate about it. If you need to be told specifically what to do as an admin to the point that you're suggesting, you shouldn't be an admin, because the people telling you what to do like baby steps might as well just do it themselves. Plain and simple. I've seen you not reply in the admin room for literally weeks, if not months, on end so you give zero creative input. And when you do, it's usually a pointless comment or something nonsensical (eg. Ian creates a thread about wanting to start the newsletter back up. Someone in that thread posts an old one for an example. You then, days later, finally post in that same thread asking WTF a newsletter is <_<). I made a thread in the Admin room in MAY asking every admin to post in it, in order to prove who was actually entering the room. Guess which two never replied to it? Leo, who doesn't want to be an admin but his account is the site founder, so it doesn't count...and you.

I have no ill will towards you and I think you're a good guy, but what I said is true and others will back that up...even Ian will. You've been given the chance to be an admin and you haven't stepped up. I'm not sure how you can complain, to be frank. No one is singling you out. If it makes you feel better, if Mink hadn't of left the site, he too would have been demoted for not really showing he was helping out. But he did that for me...

End of it.
Back to top Go down
Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

PostSubject: Re: Forum Updates, Modifications and Changes - July 2015   Forum Updates, Modifications and Changes - July 2015 EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 6:14 pm

Dat Chilly wrote:
Look, I ain't getting into a long ass debate about it. If you need to be told specifically what to do as an admin to the point that you're suggesting, you shouldn't be an admin
Then why hasn't Razor been demoted?

Dat Chilly wrote:
I've seen you not reply in the admin room for literally weeks, if not months, on end so you give zero creative input.
And I've tried to correct that once it was brought to my attention.

Dat Chilly wrote:
And when you do, it's usually a pointless comment or something nonsensical (eg. Ian creates a thread about wanting to start the newsletter back up. Someone in that thread posts an old one for an example. You then, days later, finally post in that same thread asking WTF a newsletter is <_<).

This is an example of what I've been saying. Sometimes you act like a douche bag unnecessarily. I'm not referring to the last argument we had, which we sorted out. The last time the Newsletter was made was when I was like 15. I had no admin experience. I asked a specific question, then you respond in a dickish way instead of simply answering my question when I'm obviously trying to help. I sometimes don't catch everything, I actually went back and found Ian's post before I saw your reply.

Dat Chilly wrote:
I made a thread in the Admin room in MAY asking every admin to post in it, in order to prove who was actually entering the room. Guess which two never replied to it? Leo, who doesn't want to be an admin but his account is the site founder, so it doesn't count...and you.
Right, and like I mentioned before, I've tried to correct that.

Dat Chilly wrote:
I have no ill will towards you and I think you're a good guy, but what I said is true and others will back that up...even Ian will. You've been given the chance to be an admin and you haven't stepped up. I'm not sure how you can complain, to be frank. No one is singling you out. If it makes you feel better, if Mink hadn't of left the site, he too would have been demoted for not really showing he was helping out. But he did that for me...
I'm not accusing you of having any ill will or anything, I just believe it's bullshit how you're singling me out without even realizing it. You gave a couple of reasons which were weak reasons to why you're making this decision now. I have no problem with getting demoted, I didn't even give a fuck when it was done as a joke. What I do have a problem with is you pretending like it's just me doing nothing, when this whole site has had unresponded topics for days when I come in. I try to help out. I'm running the Fantasy Football league with Burdur, that's literally the time of year where there has been the most activity in the whole year. Meanwhile some other people are going on Skype instead of being active here and I'm the only one who's doing nothing.

It's not even about being admin, I don't care, I tried to help but apparently I'm to no service. I just don't appreciate how I'm being singled out here.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Forum Updates, Modifications and Changes - July 2015   Forum Updates, Modifications and Changes - July 2015 EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 6:16 pm

I already stated I'm not debating this further.

Last edited by Dat Chilly on Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

PostSubject: Re: Forum Updates, Modifications and Changes - July 2015   Forum Updates, Modifications and Changes - July 2015 EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 6:20 pm

Perhaps it's because you have nothing of substance to say.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Forum Updates, Modifications and Changes - July 2015   Forum Updates, Modifications and Changes - July 2015 EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 6:23 pm

Dude, seriously, I stated everything clearly and calmly. If you can not comprehend that, that's your fault.
Back to top Go down
Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

PostSubject: Re: Forum Updates, Modifications and Changes - July 2015   Forum Updates, Modifications and Changes - July 2015 EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 6:27 pm

And I've responded calmly to you. I don't appreciate the way you dismiss my complaints just because you want to avoid a conflict. The only good reason I've seen so far is because I haven't attended the Admin Room, but why am I being demoted for that shit now. I just want to know what every other person was doing that I wasn't doing. That's the only thing I want to know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forum Updates, Modifications and Changes - July 2015   Forum Updates, Modifications and Changes - July 2015 Empty

Back to top Go down

Forum Updates, Modifications and Changes - July 2015

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next