HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Marvel Has Plans for Future Console Games

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

Marvel Has Plans for Future Console Games Empty
PostSubject: Marvel Has Plans for Future Console Games   Marvel Has Plans for Future Console Games EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 6:46 pm

Mobile continues to be a massive market for Marvel games, but it may not be too long before they find their way to consoles.

Polygon reports a fan at the Marvel Games panel during San Diego Comi-Con 2015 asked about any future plans of console games.

"We are very much focused on what our console strategy will be for the future," said Mike Jones, producer at Marvel Games. "Obviously console games take a lot longer to incubate, so that will be a slower process for us.

"We are very much taking a controlled, less-is-more, quality-focused, developer-focused strategy,"Jones said. "But it is very top of mind, and we'll have a lot more announcements probably next year."

A partership between Telltale Games and Marvel was announced last year, but no further details have been revealed since then. Currently, Marvel has several games available on mobile platforms, including Marvel: Future Fight, Marvel: Contest of Champions, and Marvel: Puzzle Quest.

The most recent major superhero game to release on consoles was Warner Bros.' and DC's Batman: Arkham Knight. Read IGN's review to learn more about Batmobile platforming.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Has Plans for Future Console Games   Marvel Has Plans for Future Console Games EmptyMon Jul 13, 2015 9:27 pm

I don't trust Marvel's games. Almost all of them have sucked complete tits and the ones that didn't were moderate at best.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Has Plans for Future Console Games   Marvel Has Plans for Future Console Games EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 6:27 am

I've never played one, but I know they are all just crappy movie tie in games to make money.

They need to go down the Arkham route. I'd kill for an Iron Man game that actually has depth to it.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Has Plans for Future Console Games   Marvel Has Plans for Future Console Games EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 10:14 am

I enjoyed Marvel's fighting games more than DC's. I really like how crazy a game of Capcom vs. Marvel can get.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Has Plans for Future Console Games   Marvel Has Plans for Future Console Games Empty

Back to top Go down

Marvel Has Plans for Future Console Games

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1