HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Colin Trevorrow Talks About Easter Eggs In Jurassic World

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Colin Trevorrow Talks About Easter Eggs In Jurassic World Empty
PostSubject: Colin Trevorrow Talks About Easter Eggs In Jurassic World   Colin Trevorrow Talks About Easter Eggs In Jurassic World EmptyTue Jun 09, 2015 1:42 pm

http://411mania.com/movies/colin-trevorrow-talks-about-easter-eggs-in-jurassic-world/

In an interview with Coming Soon, Colin Trevorrow spoke about his upcoming film Jurassic World and if there are any easter eggs for fans. Here are highlights:

On if he added any easter eggs for fans: “We wanted to do it in a very balanced and measured way. First of all, I know that all of the fans are going to go, and there are certain things they’re going to want to see that are going to make them feel like this has a connection to the films that they loved, and yet the movie has to be for more people than just the fans of “Jurassic Park” (of which there are a great many). I wanted to do it in a way that didn’t invade the experience too much and yet was present. I would say on the set, ‘Let’s hold Jurassic Park in our hands but not too tight’ and that’s the rule we applied.”

On what it’s like working with Steven Spielberg: “What I wasn’t expecting was the level of creative respect he was going to show me. I think I went in with the assumption that I imagine a lot of people have, which is that I’m going to be a puppet on a string for a big corporation who has their own agenda. That couldn’t have been further from the truth. I was given not only just so much freedom to write and then direct the movie that I wanted to make, but I was treated like a peer by him and I’m not a peer of his and I have not earned the right to be treated that way and yet, he did anyway, and as a result, it became a true collaboration. It became a scenario where we were genuinely creating something together that is a mixture of our instincts and it really does feel like a multi-generational story being told from two different perspectives, and I’m very proud of that.”

On if he would direct a movie for Marvel or DC: “I can say pretty confidently that I am not the right guy to do a superhero movie, just because I was not a comic book kid. I don’t know that mythology and I don’t have it ingrained in me in the way that a lot of these other directors do. Guys like James Gunn and Joss Whedon, these guys know that stuff so deeply, and I’m a little bit scared of that idea because the last thing I would want to do is not show the respect and the understanding for that mythology out of ignorance.”
Back to top Go down

Colin Trevorrow Talks About Easter Eggs In Jurassic World

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1