HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ethan Hawke: Hollywood is 'a boys' club'

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Ethan Hawke: Hollywood is 'a boys' club' Empty
PostSubject: Ethan Hawke: Hollywood is 'a boys' club'   Ethan Hawke: Hollywood is 'a boys' club' EmptyThu May 14, 2015 12:00 pm

The 44-year-old actor has blasted Hollywood for its gender inequality, revealing that filming Rebecca Miller's 'Maggie's Plan' was the first time he had ever been directed by a woman, despite being in the industry for 30 years.

Ethan said: ''The movie business is such a boys' club. I have been making movies for 30 years. I've done probably more than 40 movies, and this year is the first time I've been directed by a woman.''

The actor also responded to the Oscars speech made by his 'Boyhood' co-star Patricia Arquette, which called for equal opportunities for women in the US.

Ethan told 'Larry King Now': ''Patricia is a brass tacks, old-school feminist and I have so much respect for her. I think it's about time. She's right.''

The 'Sinister' star added that having three daughters - Maya, 17, Clementine, seven, and four-year-old Indiana - has turned him into a feminist.

He said: ''People think this gender equality thing has happened, but it's fascinating having three daughters and seeing the world through their eyes. It really does turn you into a feminist.''
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Ethan Hawke: Hollywood is 'a boys' club'   Ethan Hawke: Hollywood is 'a boys' club' EmptyThu May 14, 2015 12:06 pm

I agree more films need to be directed by women, but not simply because they're women, it should be because they're qualified.

For example, Selma was a great film and it was directed by a woman. You need women who are qualified. But you also need women who are interested.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Ethan Hawke: Hollywood is 'a boys' club'   Ethan Hawke: Hollywood is 'a boys' club' EmptyThu May 14, 2015 12:08 pm

Yeah That

Same philosophy applies to so many other things.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Ethan Hawke: Hollywood is 'a boys' club'   Ethan Hawke: Hollywood is 'a boys' club' EmptyThu May 14, 2015 12:27 pm

What I agree with more is creating more powerful female icons. Like Wonder Woman. She's an incredible feminist character, DC needs to push her way more than they currently are.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Ethan Hawke: Hollywood is 'a boys' club'   Ethan Hawke: Hollywood is 'a boys' club' EmptyThu May 14, 2015 12:38 pm

Yeah, she needs her own film tbh. Same with Black Widow.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Ethan Hawke: Hollywood is 'a boys' club'   Ethan Hawke: Hollywood is 'a boys' club' EmptyThu May 14, 2015 12:41 pm

Black Widow is amazing. As much as I love AOU, I hated how weak they made her look.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Ethan Hawke: Hollywood is 'a boys' club'   Ethan Hawke: Hollywood is 'a boys' club' EmptyThu May 14, 2015 12:44 pm

I ain't seen it yet Sad
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Ethan Hawke: Hollywood is 'a boys' club'   Ethan Hawke: Hollywood is 'a boys' club' EmptyThu May 14, 2015 12:48 pm

Shaking Head
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Ethan Hawke: Hollywood is 'a boys' club'   Ethan Hawke: Hollywood is 'a boys' club' EmptyThu May 14, 2015 12:49 pm

I'm been busy, dammit Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ethan Hawke: Hollywood is 'a boys' club'   Ethan Hawke: Hollywood is 'a boys' club' Empty

Back to top Go down

Ethan Hawke: Hollywood is 'a boys' club'

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1