HomeHomeSearchRegisterLog in

Share
 

 Dragonball: Discussion thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
Guest
Guest



Dragonball:  Discussion thread Empty
PostSubject: Dragonball: Discussion thread   Dragonball:  Discussion thread EmptySun May 03, 2015 5:29 pm

Since a lot of us are Dragonball fans, why not have a full thread about it. (if there is already one, link it below and we can bring that back to life.


Anyways first topic I wanna talk about.


Not saying its going to happen. (even tho imo it should) but if Dragonball Super overwrites and completely writes GT out of the anime canon...would you be ok with that?
Back to top Go down
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

Posts : 6125
Join date : 2013-07-23
Age : 31
Location : Shrewsbury, Shropshire

Dragonball:  Discussion thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragonball: Discussion thread   Dragonball:  Discussion thread EmptySun May 03, 2015 5:49 pm

More than OK. GT was shit.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

Posts : 23260
Join date : 2013-07-23
Age : 29
Location : Kotzebue, AK

Dragonball:  Discussion thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragonball: Discussion thread   Dragonball:  Discussion thread EmptySun May 03, 2015 5:50 pm


____________________
Dragonball:  Discussion thread Sig
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com
Rellim
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Rellim

Posts : 1613
Join date : 2013-07-22
Age : 26

Dragonball:  Discussion thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragonball: Discussion thread   Dragonball:  Discussion thread EmptySun May 03, 2015 6:32 pm

Mink wrote:
More than OK. GT was shit.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Dragonball:  Discussion thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragonball: Discussion thread   Dragonball:  Discussion thread EmptySun May 03, 2015 7:17 pm

I liked GT.
Back to top Go down
CooperCooper
Icon
CooperCooper

Posts : 14008
Join date : 2013-07-19
Age : 27

Dragonball:  Discussion thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragonball: Discussion thread   Dragonball:  Discussion thread EmptySun May 03, 2015 7:36 pm

GT wasn't that bad. It was on par with the shit sagas of DBZ (imo) it was just really different.

____________________
Dragonball:  Discussion thread 8ac976ca6f8befeaa023cc0b0a1abb84
WHERE AM I
Back to top Go down
Caine
Superkick Party
Superkick Party
Caine

Posts : 1551
Join date : 2013-07-30
Age : 83
Location : Hii-Heee!!!

Dragonball:  Discussion thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragonball: Discussion thread   Dragonball:  Discussion thread EmptySun May 03, 2015 8:42 pm

I never watched anything after the Cell saga apart from that horrible, horrible movie. Is Goku even alive or are they running with Gohan as their top guy now?
Back to top Go down
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

Posts : 6125
Join date : 2013-07-23
Age : 31
Location : Shrewsbury, Shropshire

Dragonball:  Discussion thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragonball: Discussion thread   Dragonball:  Discussion thread EmptySun May 03, 2015 8:51 pm

Generic Username wrote:
I never watched anything after the Cell saga apart from that horrible, horrible movie.  Is Goku even alive or are they running with Gohan as their top guy now?

"Is" is probably the wrong word to use, as what you're referring to actually happened around 1992 in Japan, and 2000 in English speaking places, but Gohan being the main dude lasted about five minutes before they realised nobody liked Gohan (mainly because he was a whiny bitch for the entirety of DBZ) and brought Goku back.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

Posts : 19268
Join date : 2013-07-23
Age : 25
Location : Learning maturity

Dragonball:  Discussion thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragonball: Discussion thread   Dragonball:  Discussion thread EmptySun May 03, 2015 10:47 pm

I preferred Gohan over Goku tbh. But Trunks over both.

Also, I loved all of DBZ before Battle of Gods. Beerus is a cool character, but that Super Saiyan God bullshit is the stupidest thing ever.

____________________
.

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Daniel Bryan
2. Becky Lynch
3. Sasha Banks
4. Andrade Cien Almas
5. Aleister Black

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
1. The Undertaker
2. CM Punk
3. Edge
4. Stone Cold Steve Austin
5. John Cena
Back to top Go down
CooperCooper
Icon
CooperCooper

Posts : 14008
Join date : 2013-07-19
Age : 27

Dragonball:  Discussion thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragonball: Discussion thread   Dragonball:  Discussion thread EmptyMon May 04, 2015 5:26 am

Vegeta (rightfully) became the "leader" on earth while Goku was dead in the series after Goku died in the Cell saga.

____________________
Dragonball:  Discussion thread 8ac976ca6f8befeaa023cc0b0a1abb84
WHERE AM I
Back to top Go down
StraightEdge Rurouni
WTF Its StraightEdge
StraightEdge Rurouni

Posts : 1649
Join date : 2013-07-19
Age : 27
Location : That Place Where Nothing Interesting Happens

Dragonball:  Discussion thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragonball: Discussion thread   Dragonball:  Discussion thread EmptyMon May 04, 2015 9:52 am

I actually loved Battle of the Gods, so I'm hoping they stay on track from there.

Though this is post-bu, so it's overwriting GT, which to my knowledge, was already considered non-canon.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Dragonball:  Discussion thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragonball: Discussion thread   Dragonball:  Discussion thread EmptyMon May 04, 2015 10:39 am

@StraightEdge Rurouni wrote:
I actually loved Battle of the Gods, so I'm hoping they stay on track from there.

Though this is post-bu, so it's overwriting GT, which to my knowledge, was already considered non-canon.

I love Battle of Gods as well, Probably my 3rd Favorite of the movies.

1 and 2 being Broly and History of Trunks
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

Posts : 19268
Join date : 2013-07-23
Age : 25
Location : Learning maturity

Dragonball:  Discussion thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragonball: Discussion thread   Dragonball:  Discussion thread EmptyMon May 04, 2015 10:48 am

"I hate OP characters"

"OMG BATTLE OF GODS WAS ANYTHING BUT GARBAGE"

I aint bothered

____________________
.

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Daniel Bryan
2. Becky Lynch
3. Sasha Banks
4. Andrade Cien Almas
5. Aleister Black

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
1. The Undertaker
2. CM Punk
3. Edge
4. Stone Cold Steve Austin
5. John Cena
Back to top Go down
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

Posts : 6125
Join date : 2013-07-23
Age : 31
Location : Shrewsbury, Shropshire

Dragonball:  Discussion thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragonball: Discussion thread   Dragonball:  Discussion thread EmptyMon May 04, 2015 11:48 am

Bull wrote:
@StraightEdge Rurouni wrote:
I actually loved Battle of the Gods, so I'm hoping they stay on track from there.

Though this is post-bu, so it's overwriting GT, which to my knowledge, was already considered non-canon.

I love Battle of Gods as well, Probably my 3rd Favorite of the movies.

1 and 2 being Broly and History of Trunks

You mean the first Broly one? Broly: Legendary Super Saiyan, or something like that?

I'm guessing you don't mean Broly: Swamp Monster Edition anyway Funny
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

Posts : 23260
Join date : 2013-07-23
Age : 29
Location : Kotzebue, AK

Dragonball:  Discussion thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragonball: Discussion thread   Dragonball:  Discussion thread EmptyMon May 04, 2015 12:48 pm

I didn't enjoy the Broly movie. Goku was goofing around too much Vegeta was being to much of a bitch for most of the movie.

____________________
Dragonball:  Discussion thread Sig
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

Posts : 19268
Join date : 2013-07-23
Age : 25
Location : Learning maturity

Dragonball:  Discussion thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragonball: Discussion thread   Dragonball:  Discussion thread EmptyMon May 04, 2015 3:40 pm

I didn't like Broly either. My favorite movie was the Cooler movie, the first one - anyway. The second one was just him being a ripoff of Braniac. Best villains of DBZ were Frieza, Cell, and Cooler.

____________________
.

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Daniel Bryan
2. Becky Lynch
3. Sasha Banks
4. Andrade Cien Almas
5. Aleister Black

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
1. The Undertaker
2. CM Punk
3. Edge
4. Stone Cold Steve Austin
5. John Cena
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Dragonball:  Discussion thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragonball: Discussion thread   Dragonball:  Discussion thread EmptyMon May 04, 2015 3:58 pm

Mink wrote:
Bull wrote:
@StraightEdge Rurouni wrote:
I actually loved Battle of the Gods, so I'm hoping they stay on track from there.

Though this is post-bu, so it's overwriting GT, which to my knowledge, was already considered non-canon.

I love Battle of Gods as well, Probably my 3rd Favorite of the movies.

1 and 2 being Broly and History of Trunks

You mean the first Broly one? Broly: Legendary Super Saiyan, or something like that?

I'm guessing you don't mean Broly: Swamp Monster Edition anyway Funny

Yeah the first one Funny

I hate Bio-Broly, but I think most do.

Top 5 would be

1: Broly the Legendary Super Saiyan

2: History of Trunks

3: Battle of Gods

4: Cooler's Revenge

5: Wrath of the Dragon


Bio-Broly is pretty much the only one I can truly say I hate. But I have two that I dislike but wouldn't go as far as saying I hate. That being Super Android 13 and Bojack
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

Posts : 19268
Join date : 2013-07-23
Age : 25
Location : Learning maturity

Dragonball:  Discussion thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragonball: Discussion thread   Dragonball:  Discussion thread EmptyMon May 04, 2015 6:28 pm

Mine are:

1. Coolers' Revenge
2. Fusion Reborn
3. The Return of Cooler
4. Bojack Unbound
4. Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans

____________________
.

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Daniel Bryan
2. Becky Lynch
3. Sasha Banks
4. Andrade Cien Almas
5. Aleister Black

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
1. The Undertaker
2. CM Punk
3. Edge
4. Stone Cold Steve Austin
5. John Cena
Back to top Go down
StraightEdge Rurouni
WTF Its StraightEdge
StraightEdge Rurouni

Posts : 1649
Join date : 2013-07-19
Age : 27
Location : That Place Where Nothing Interesting Happens

Dragonball:  Discussion thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragonball: Discussion thread   Dragonball:  Discussion thread EmptyMon May 04, 2015 10:00 pm

Define OP in this sense? The main character lost, the majority of the entire cast got their asses handed to them. For DB, it's really hard to go any lower than they have (sans GT of course). Besides that, BoG was a celebration of the series moreso than a perfect movie, and that's why I loved it. It event set the standard should they start to fight other beings out there. A character is only OP if they just CAN'T lose no matter the circumstances, or it can't be believed that they would. I won't be surprised should Resurrection of F come around, that Goku gets his ass beat, and likely Vegeta as well. So no, I don't think of characters being OP as a reason not to like the movie.


Also, I just plain loved Beerus and Whis as characters and want to see more of both of them.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Dragonball:  Discussion thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragonball: Discussion thread   Dragonball:  Discussion thread EmptyMon May 04, 2015 10:03 pm

@StraightEdge Rurouni wrote:
Define OP in this sense?  The main character lost, the majority of the entire cast got their asses handed to them.  For DB, it's really hard to go any lower than they have (sans GT of course).  Besides that, BoG was a celebration of the series moreso than a perfect movie, and that's why I loved it.  It event set the standard should they start to fight other beings out there.  A character is only OP if they just CAN'T lose no matter the circumstances, or it can't be believed that they would.  I won't be surprised should Resurrection of F come around, that Goku gets his ass beat, and likely Vegeta as well.  So no, I don't think of characters being OP as a reason not to like the movie.  


Also, I just plain loved Beerus and Whis as characters and want to see more of both of them.  

Beerus and Whis are awesome
Back to top Go down
Caine
Superkick Party
Superkick Party
Caine

Posts : 1551
Join date : 2013-07-30
Age : 83
Location : Hii-Heee!!!

Dragonball:  Discussion thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragonball: Discussion thread   Dragonball:  Discussion thread EmptyTue May 05, 2015 12:43 am

But why did it have to be pink for the Super Saiyan god thing... and is it simply a standalone movie like Cooler's Revenge that doesnt really impact the series?



Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

Posts : 19268
Join date : 2013-07-23
Age : 25
Location : Learning maturity

Dragonball:  Discussion thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragonball: Discussion thread   Dragonball:  Discussion thread EmptyTue May 05, 2015 3:37 am

So then I guess Superman isnt OP by that logic. Since he gets his ass handed to him by literally every single villain he ever fights. In fact, he once got killed by Doomsday's bare hands, and he fights people who are much stronger than him (Darkseid) a lot, and only survives because he ends up getting help.

____________________
.

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Daniel Bryan
2. Becky Lynch
3. Sasha Banks
4. Andrade Cien Almas
5. Aleister Black

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
1. The Undertaker
2. CM Punk
3. Edge
4. Stone Cold Steve Austin
5. John Cena
Back to top Go down
StraightEdge Rurouni
WTF Its StraightEdge
StraightEdge Rurouni

Posts : 1649
Join date : 2013-07-19
Age : 27
Location : That Place Where Nothing Interesting Happens

Dragonball:  Discussion thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragonball: Discussion thread   Dragonball:  Discussion thread EmptyTue May 05, 2015 10:24 am

@Batman wrote:
So then I guess Superman isnt OP by that logic. Since he gets his ass handed to him by literally every single villain he ever fights. In fact, he once got killed by Doomsday's bare hands, and he fights people who are much stronger than him (Darkseid) a lot, and only survives because he ends up getting help.

Superman's death is actually the only comic of him I ever enjoyed (even if technically he didn't actually die) However, his weaknesses are what make him OP. Villain has a green rock, cool hero's down, whatever. You're trying to justify your point by bringing up my dislike for Superman, which I don't really see a comparison for past the whole, who would win debate. Goku was legit killed by Cell, only for his son to surpass him. He's not even the strongest in his own universe excluding beerus and company. He's simply the most stubborn/reliable. So, yes, I prefer him, DBZ is far from my favorite show ever, but I enjoyed Battle of the Gods, and didn't care that they made another level of SS, as that's just what they do. I didn't watch the movie for the fight, as the entire movie overall was just a fun nostalgia trip. I expect more from them with Resurrection of F simply because it has a straight forward fight, rather than a "We're DBZ and there can be more!" movie like BoG.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

Posts : 19268
Join date : 2013-07-23
Age : 25
Location : Learning maturity

Dragonball:  Discussion thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragonball: Discussion thread   Dragonball:  Discussion thread EmptyTue May 05, 2015 3:10 pm

I'm not justifying it, I just don't see the reasoning behind "I fucking love Goku despite how OP they're trying to make him but I despise Superman for being OP."
You said Goku isn't OP because he gets smacked around, but Superman does too. Kryptonite isn't the ONLY thing that can beat him (as Doomsday beat him without it, and Zod is capable of doing the same.) Darkseid can beat Superman quite easily, and has in the past.

Goku is OP even though he fights people stronger than him, same with Superman. Both have lost several times. Superman only beats people like Darkseid because he has the help of Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, etc. and he doesn't ever truly "beat" him.

Battle of Gods was just another form of DBZ-logic. "Stronger guy? Make ??? (usually Goku) train a lot or reach a new form and win."

Now, I love DBZ. I just didn't like BoG much, even if I loved Beerus and he's one of my favorite characters now. I just think the "Super Saiyan God" bullshit was just another excuse to make Goku even stronger so people would jizz about how strong he is.

____________________
.

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Daniel Bryan
2. Becky Lynch
3. Sasha Banks
4. Andrade Cien Almas
5. Aleister Black

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
1. The Undertaker
2. CM Punk
3. Edge
4. Stone Cold Steve Austin
5. John Cena
Back to top Go down
StraightEdge Rurouni
WTF Its StraightEdge
StraightEdge Rurouni

Posts : 1649
Join date : 2013-07-19
Age : 27
Location : That Place Where Nothing Interesting Happens

Dragonball:  Discussion thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragonball: Discussion thread   Dragonball:  Discussion thread EmptyFri May 08, 2015 5:10 am

Late reply is late, but, I'm sticking by my statement. As someone who grew up in a position to potentially enjoy both SM and Goku, I didn't. I grew up enjoying Goku, and still enjoy Goku. I grew up watching Goku getting stronger and overcoming obstacles. I didn't get any of that from Superman, who just felt boring and generic. Is SM boring and generic? Probably not to most people, but to me, there's very little about him that's even slightly interesting, and that makes the fact that he's OP just too much to really change anything. I'm not going to agree with you that Goku is OP.

Here's my reason. To state that the main character of any show is OP, would be true in it's own right. They always win, no matter the odds. The main difference between characters from smaller universes (DBZ for instance) and Superman (DC) is that despite the massive size of the DC universe, Superman is still considered one of strongest (if not THE strongest) among hundreds of super beings. Their universes are very different. There's more room for someone at Gokus, Vegetas, etc. levels because who else is going to save Earth in this universe? Who? We enjoy DBZ because we get to see people like Trunks and Goku save the day because of how strong they are.

Even in DC, there are tons of hero's I'd be more interested in seeing save the day than Superman. You can disagree with me about him, that's fine. But bringing up one detail about why I don't like him doesn't validate your opinion that I have no reason to dislike him. I simply just don't like him. End of story, it doesn't matter if you think my reasons are wrong. Every attempt at enjoying him has led to me just doing something else. So I'll continue to not enjoy him, especially when DC has more interesting things on the horizon (Suicide Squad & Aquaman) for me to care about.

Besides that, this whole tirade came from me saying that I really enjoyed Battle of the Gods, and non of it denies any of my points. BOG was a celebration of everything DBZ, and honestly, what's more DBZ than adding another level of power over something that was thought to be the limit? Hence the reason I'm cautious to get my hopes high for the tv series. As a stand alone, BoG was a great addition, but what power level is there left to achieve? That's why I am worried for the show. I'll just wait for the English dub of Resurrection of F to see if I should get my hopes up or not.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Dragonball:  Discussion thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragonball: Discussion thread   Dragonball:  Discussion thread Empty

Back to top Go down
 

Dragonball: Discussion thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wrestle Fanatics :: Popular Demand :: Entertainment World-