HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Answering the biggest question about me

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Answering the biggest question about me Empty
PostSubject: Answering the biggest question about me   Answering the biggest question about me EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 2:16 pm

Why am I a Hogan fan?

Apart from my mental state, something that has always made people wonder about me is why am I a Hogan fan? So I am going to give my reasons why I am a Hogan fan.

I was born into a family that had two big wrestling fans my dad and my older brother. My dad has been a fan of wrestling since the 70's, his favorites of all time are Superstar Bill Dundee and Jerry Lawler, but he is also a hogan fan. My older brother became a fan right when Hulkamaina was booming and he was a Hogan fan and still is. So I was pretty much born a wrestling because that was always on in my house. Either because of wrestling on TV or one of my brother's tapes. And of course I grew up on those tapes that had Hogan in them a lot. My brother and dad both always told me wrestling stories. My dad about how wrestling was in the 70's, how he saw Andre the giant live ect ect. My Brother of course told me about the awesomeness of Hogan, Warrior and Savage. As a little kid I was more of a Savage fan, but was still a fan of Hogan but more Savage then Hogan. Because when I truly became a fan was when Hogan became a villain in WCW. When I got older and was introduced to the WWF I became a Mick Foley fan. So in order of my favorites was Savage Foley and Hogan (cause Hogan was a cool badguy).
As time went on I became more of a WWF Guy, rarely watching WCW expect when Savage was doing something. I was still a Major Savage fan, FOley was still my favorite WWF guy, but Taker and Kane soon pushed Hogan from 3rd to 5th. So it was Savage, Foley, Taker, Kane, Hogan. Soon Austin and Rock pushed him to 8th.

So then 2001 happen. WCW is no more and WWF has bought them out...and then that fucking Invasion angle. Now right around this time is when I truly knew about wrestling be staged. Hell one of the sadness moments in my childhood was finding out Taker and Kane aren't really brothers. But I was still into wrestling. But that fucking Invasion Angle...and Austin's fucking awful heel turn made me lose so much interest in wrestling. This is why I really hate this time, why I hate WM 17. Yes I know how much people fucking love it. Yes it was a damn good show...but it was the starting point...I can't think of WM17 without thinking of that bullshit ending...the beginning of the invasion...how much I hated and how it almost made me stop watching wrestling all together.

When the Invasion angle came to an end and Flair came in, I started to gain a little interest in wrestling again, but I would still miss out on RAW and smackdown sometimes because I didn't feel like watching...even when Jericho became champion. But then Vince started those weird promos about how Flair was killing his WWF and that the only person who is allowed to kill what he created is himself....Then the promo where said he was going to kill the WWF with The N.W.O. My interested started to come back fast after that, then before No Way Out when they showed Hogan, Hall, and Nash on the titantron It was becoming very surreal for me because this would be my true first time seeing Hogan in WWE. Yes I was born in 91 and into a family of wrestling fans but I was a baby when Hogan was in his last years in WWF and didn't truly get to know him until he was in WCW. The tapes of Hogan in WWF I did watch, but I didn't see it or feel it live. I missed the No Way Out PPV so I missed their PPV debut...but their raw debut...The atmosphere that Hogan brings is like no other. Then WM18 happen and the whole crowd turned on the top guy The Rock in favor of the heel Hollywood Hogan..Then the rebirth of Hulkamania started to happen afterwards...My Interest in Wrestling was higher then ever at that time and what a great time for it to be since that was the start of maybe the best era of the WWF/WWE the aggression era and I was able to stick around because Hogan that brought me back to loving wrestling again...because of that he went from number 8 to number 1 and has never left that spot. and as I grew older and started to look back during his era and look back during his wcw era and really started to understand how important he was not just to the WWF but to wrestling as a whole, I became forever grateful.

Was Hogan a borderline 1D character at times, yeah. But when it comes to connecting with the crowd, young or old, anywhere in the world nobody can or has done it like Hogan. His wrestling ability which is more then People like Dead think, has always been irrelevant. There is a reason why this guy was on top for so long and only partly because of his backstage politics. The guy was a star and he could back it up. Even if he didn't use a million different wrestling holds, the man still could work.

Yes Hogan loves to tell tall tales that get taller everyday. Yes he takes credit for stuff he may or may not have done, but I am not judging him how he is outside of the ring. Hulk Hogan is a born entertainer and help mold wrestling into what it is today.

and that is why I bleed Red and yellow.

Brother.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Answering the biggest question about me   Answering the biggest question about me EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 2:40 pm

He was only on top for so long because Vince shoved him down our throats and the fans had no choice but to accept it, even with guys that were more popular than him at the time, such as Warrior, Savage, Piper etc. I'm pretty sure Jake Roberts could match Hogan in terms of popularity as well. The mid 80's/early 90's were horrible for the guys who were looking to crash through the "glass ceiling" because they knew they were never going to get near the WWF Championship.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Answering the biggest question about me   Answering the biggest question about me EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 2:46 pm

You don't need to explain your fandom to anyone. You can if you want to, but you don't HAVE to. You can like whoever you want, whenever you want, for whatever reason you want.

The problem is when you shit on other people's favorites and then get mad when they shit on yours. That's when you're expected to back up why your favorites are better than anyone else's.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Answering the biggest question about me   Answering the biggest question about me EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 2:49 pm

Dead don't even start...

but I will point out one thing you said that people didn't have a choice. Months ago when me and Moose where fighting about Punk and how much the fan played a huge role in Punk's career. you talk about how people could have easily have not accepted wrestler like Punk and Hogan. now you are saying didn't have a choice. Which is it dead? one or the other?

Last edited by Bull on Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Answering the biggest question about me   Answering the biggest question about me EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 2:50 pm

Batman wrote:
You don't need to explain your fandom to anyone. You can if you want to, but you don't HAVE to. You can like whoever you want, whenever you want, for whatever reason you want.

The problem is when you shit on other people's favorites and then get mad when they shit on yours. That's when you're expected to back up why your favorites are better than anyone else's.

yeah that is a bad habit of mine that I need to work on. But I just felt that I would share this so people can better understand.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Answering the biggest question about me   Answering the biggest question about me EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 2:53 pm

Meh. If people don't understand that someone can be a huge fan of someone for any reason, they never will.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Answering the biggest question about me   Answering the biggest question about me EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 2:57 pm

I know it was a question Chilly asked me years ago and i said I would explain but I never really did Funny until now
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Answering the biggest question about me   Answering the biggest question about me EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 3:03 pm

Bull wrote:
Dead don't even start...

but I will point out one thing you said that people didn't have a choice. Months ago when me and Moose where fighting about Punk and how much the fan played a huge role in Punk's career. you talk about how people could have easily have not accepted wrestler like Punk and Hogan. now you are saying didn't have a choice. Which is it dead? one or the other?

CM Punk being over as he was, was not a Vince McMahon creation. That's the difference between that time period and today. They want you to cheer for John Cena and Roman Reigns so they're the only ones that matter, and instead the people cheer for Daniel Bryan and Dean Ambrose among others. The fans werent vocal back then like they are today. Plus CM Punk was never the focal point at any point in time when he was in the main event. So trying to compare Hogan and Punk is null and void, 2 completely different people in 2 different eras. Punk's popularity came organically, Hogan's was a byproduct of the machine being ran by Vince McMahon.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Answering the biggest question about me   Answering the biggest question about me EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 3:07 pm

There are many, many reasons why your argument about fans having a choice then and now is silly, but I don't care to argue it because if you don't understand it now you won't appreciate it when I say it.

That said, I don't think anyone has to justify why they like something.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Answering the biggest question about me   Answering the biggest question about me EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 3:08 pm

Alright dead, but if you change your mind again I will make sure I will point this out to you and the time before.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Answering the biggest question about me   Answering the biggest question about me EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 3:10 pm

Eeyen wrote:
There are many, many reasons why your argument about fans having a choice then and now is silly, but I don't care to argue it because if you don't understand it now you won't appreciate it when I say it.

That said, I don't think anyone has to justify why they like something.

its not the fact I felt that I had to...I just wanted to let my story out.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Answering the biggest question about me   Answering the biggest question about me EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 3:15 pm

I asked this? I hope I didn't ask in a bitchy way, because like Razor said, you can like whoever you wish Funny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Answering the biggest question about me   Answering the biggest question about me EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 3:16 pm

ChillyD32 wrote:
I asked this? I hope I didn't ask in a bitchy way, because like Razor said, you can like whoever you wish Funny

Nah you just randomly asked me in the SIW or TNL or one of your early fed sites in the chat. You didn't do it in a bitchy way. You just wanted to know.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Answering the biggest question about me   Answering the biggest question about me EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 3:28 pm

Bull wrote:
Alright dead, but if you change your mind again I will make sure I will point this out to you and the time before.

I've never switched my opinion on this before, it's been the same from the very beginning with debates like these.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Answering the biggest question about me   Answering the biggest question about me EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 3:31 pm

if you say so
Back to top Go down
Rellim
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Rellim

PostSubject: Re: Answering the biggest question about me   Answering the biggest question about me EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 12:01 pm

You don't have to explain why he's your favorite, like I don't have to explain why HBK is my favorite.

And I'm just gonna leave my favorite promo here for no reason at all.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Answering the biggest question about me   Answering the biggest question about me Empty

Back to top Go down

Answering the biggest question about me

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1