HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NXT in the next 5 years

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

NXT in the next 5 years Empty
PostSubject: NXT in the next 5 years   NXT in the next 5 years EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 11:36 am

Where do you see it five years from now?
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: NXT in the next 5 years   NXT in the next 5 years EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 12:46 pm

I have no idea, but I can't imagine it goes on in it's current state. I would imagine it starts getting watered down with guys with nothing to do on the main roster and the product suffers from regression to the mean.
Back to top Go down
pegasus187
HOFer
HOFer
pegasus187

PostSubject: Re: NXT in the next 5 years   NXT in the next 5 years EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 7:29 pm

Rocking it around the country, if these recent shows in Ohio and California are any indication. NXT is over as fuck
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: NXT in the next 5 years   NXT in the next 5 years EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 9:10 pm

... so was Punk, and they fed him to Triple H. So was Bryan, but they fed him to Roman. WWE will not let NXT get white hot and stay that way. It's not their way.
Back to top Go down
MFiSG
Middle Carder
MFiSG

PostSubject: Re: NXT in the next 5 years   NXT in the next 5 years EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 9:24 pm

WWE does like to promote its own creations, though (see: Roman Reigns). And since NXT is pretty much Triple H's baby, I can't really picture him watering it down any.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: NXT in the next 5 years   NXT in the next 5 years EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 6:28 am

I think it'll eventually fizzle out, maybe not in 5 years, but if this doesn't produce talent for Raw on a consistent basis, there is a very good chance the plug will just be pulled.

It depends on what the focus is, frankly. Right now it looks as though they may be going down the wrong route of just putting guys in to sell tickets rather than developing stars for the WWE roster, which is meant to be the whole point of the show...but it could end up just being a tool in an attempt to kill the indys.

As with all sports, the big leagues are not going to let the leagues below get onto a level playing field. Go beyond your boundaries, you'll get shut down, even if you are under the same umbrella.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: NXT in the next 5 years   NXT in the next 5 years EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 3:11 pm

Either NXT becomes it's own brand or it'll become a true developmental promotion and people won't love it as much. It could also go away.

It's tough for new guys having to compete with the super stars WWE signs and wrestle in their farm league. And they really shouldn't spend a long time there anyway.

NXT is just a way for WWE to try and control everything. OVW produced a lot of great talent. NXT costs them a whole lot more and produces a lot less results.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com

PostSubject: Re: NXT in the next 5 years   NXT in the next 5 years EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 3:36 pm

a lot of the NXT talent will most likely get lost in the shuffle. Like I said NXT is just a huge cock tease and its getting people's hopes up. I mean Vince will always try to ruin NXT talent whenever they debut on the main roster it seems. Right Now Neville seems to be the lucky one. (not counting the shield because they didn't have much long stay in NXT before debuting on the main roster.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: NXT in the next 5 years   NXT in the next 5 years EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 3:37 pm

Tyler Black was in the FCW system a long time and was the first NXT Champion I think.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NXT in the next 5 years   NXT in the next 5 years EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 3:38 pm

Vince McMahon will most likely stay around about 5 to 10 years so by the time HHH and Steph take over a lot of those NXT guys will either be released, are damage good or are too old to do anything with
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NXT in the next 5 years   NXT in the next 5 years EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 3:39 pm

MooseNugget wrote:
Tyler Black was in the FCW system a long time and was the first NXT Champion I think.

true but he is more of a FCW guy then NXT guy since he was in NXT for like the first 6 months of NXT
Back to top Go down
Luigi
Show Opener
Luigi

PostSubject: Re: NXT in the next 5 years   NXT in the next 5 years EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 10:45 am

Hopefully without Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn, Finn Balor, Hideo Itami, Solomon Crowe, Sasha Banks, Charlotte, Bayley and Becky Lynch. I want all of them to be on the main roster 5 years from now. Imagine how RAW and Smackdown would be with all those guys. Amazing talent along with the guys who are already on the main roster like Cesaro, Daniel Bryan, Neville, Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, Bray Wyatt, Luke Harper, Dolph Ziggler, Kalisto, etc. WWE in the next 5 years, hopefully, if Big Show, Kane and Cena are gone, it would be perfect.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NXT in the next 5 years   NXT in the next 5 years EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 11:23 am

Bull wrote:
a lot of the NXT talent will most likely get lost in the shuffle. Like I said NXT is just a huge cock tease and its getting people's hopes up. I mean Vince will always try to ruin NXT talent whenever they debut on the main roster it seems. Right Now Neville seems to be the lucky one. (not counting the shield because they didn't have much long stay in NXT before debuting on the main roster.  

Bray Wyatt?
Rusev?
Rusev being undefeated for a year and Bray Wyatt putting on some of the most entertaining matches of the year last year, isn't enough to consider lucky?

Luke Harper doesn't have it that bad either as he's been aloud to showcase a lot lately. Watch be Cena's next open challenge and put on a killer match.

I understand if you say Xavier Woods, Big E, Eric Rowan, Emma and Adam Rose got the short straw, but that still leaves others who are succeeding right now.

•Rusev
•Paige
•Roman Reigns
•Seth Rollins
•Dean Ambrose
•Luke Harper
•Bray Wyatt
•Fandango(Don't say winning a WM match against Jericho is nothing, plus WWE are working on it now)

That's 8 out of 13 NXT Talents who have done something important on the roster. That is not a bad out come if you ask me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NXT in the next 5 years   NXT in the next 5 years EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 11:46 am

Rusev could be in a downward spiral right now as his Streak was only to have Cena be to the one to end it

Fandango isn't much of an NXT talent and is pretty much a jobber

Harper just seems to lose a lot

Seth,and Roman where in NXT for a cup of coffee and like I said are more FCW guys then NXT guys

Dean was never on NXT

Bray is only getting push to certain points

Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: NXT in the next 5 years   NXT in the next 5 years EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 12:48 pm

What is it going to take to get it in your head that Roman and Seth WERE NXT guys? I don't care where they were before, they were on NXT for a good while nonetheless. They ARE NXT GUYS, you genius.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NXT in the next 5 years   NXT in the next 5 years EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 12:51 pm

I don't see them much as NXT guys. I'm sorry if you don't like that. Roman didn't do much on NXT and Seth yes was their first champion but he wasn't there for even half a year. I see them as FCW guys more then NXT guys.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: NXT in the next 5 years   NXT in the next 5 years EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 1:07 pm

I don't know what the difference in training there was between FCW and NXT but Roman only had like 6 matches with NXT.

Rollins of course was a indy guy long before then.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NXT in the next 5 years   NXT in the next 5 years EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 1:09 pm

there really isn't much, but Vince seems to treat NXT guys more shitty then FCW guys. Then again not many FCW guys are major stars. I guess you can say Seth is half and Half. But Reigns is mostly NXT
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NXT in the next 5 years   NXT in the next 5 years Empty

Back to top Go down

NXT in the next 5 years

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1