HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ken Shamrock and Dan Severn; Would a match of worked in WWE?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Ken Shamrock and Dan Severn; Would a match of worked in WWE? Empty
PostSubject: Ken Shamrock and Dan Severn; Would a match of worked in WWE?   Ken Shamrock and Dan Severn; Would a match of worked in WWE? EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 8:43 am

In early and mid 1998, WWE was teasing a feud between Ken Shamrock and Dan Severn. They had fights previously in the UFC and WWE tried to start this by having them both compete in the Brawl for All. Severn competed while Shamrock did not. Mid 98 Shamrock entered a feud with Owen Hart, whom had Dan Severn as his trainer. Eventually Shamrock and Severn had a match on Raw but it wasnt much of a match as Hart interfered before they even got started. Now the question is, would a match between the 2, work?
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Ken Shamrock and Dan Severn; Would a match of worked in WWE?   Ken Shamrock and Dan Severn; Would a match of worked in WWE? EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 8:53 am

Maybe. I always thought Shamrock was impressive although I was young at the time and didn't really have the eye for things like I do now. But if my memory isn't too hazy, he didn't come off as obviously (poorly) acting like I see with the UFC guys in TNA.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ken Shamrock and Dan Severn; Would a match of worked in WWE?   Ken Shamrock and Dan Severn; Would a match of worked in WWE? EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 9:40 am

Shamrock was a great entertainer and Dan Severn had been wrestling professionally since the mid-80s. It would've been a serviceable match but not something people would be still talking about. The fact that they fought MMA would really have nothing to do with it because both of their styles in MMA didn't lend themselves to pro wrestling and it would've just been a wrestling match between two great athletes. Having said that, I wouldn't have paid to see them wrestle.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Ken Shamrock and Dan Severn; Would a match of worked in WWE?   Ken Shamrock and Dan Severn; Would a match of worked in WWE? EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 10:38 am

Dan Severn lives like 5 minutes from me and used to wrestle locally all the time. I wouldn't pay $5 to see him wrestle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ken Shamrock and Dan Severn; Would a match of worked in WWE?   Ken Shamrock and Dan Severn; Would a match of worked in WWE? EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 10:42 am

He's also getting close to pushing 60 now so I wouldn't blame you for not wanting to pay to watch him wrestle. <_<
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Ken Shamrock and Dan Severn; Would a match of worked in WWE?   Ken Shamrock and Dan Severn; Would a match of worked in WWE? EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 10:45 am

That factored into the decision. Funny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ken Shamrock and Dan Severn; Would a match of worked in WWE?   Ken Shamrock and Dan Severn; Would a match of worked in WWE? EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 11:46 am

I think the match would've been fine at the time. As it is, the highlight of the feud is the Shamrock/Owen Lion's Den match.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ken Shamrock and Dan Severn; Would a match of worked in WWE?   Ken Shamrock and Dan Severn; Would a match of worked in WWE? Empty

Back to top Go down

Ken Shamrock and Dan Severn; Would a match of worked in WWE?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1